We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Is there a list of all these abbreviations and their meanings somewhere? Options

Poads
#21 Posted : 8/6/2014 11:46:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this will be sticky'd!
POADS is gone!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Cosmic Spore
#22 Posted : 8/7/2014 2:04:19 AM

โ˜  โšก โ˜ฃ โš  โ˜ข

MealeaYing wrote:
Is there a list somewhere?

I've added your chart to the FAQ under "links" here called "Abbreviations and their meanings".
If/when additions are made like the following:

anrchy wrote:
tl;dr - too long; didn't read

Guyomech wrote:
MJ - marijuana
AFAIK - as far as I know
IMO - in my opinion
IMHO - in my humble opinion

And of course our old friend SWIM - someone who is me ... Or someone who isn't me. The waters get muddy here. We generally discourage SWIMming.

or MHRB - Mimosa hostilis root bark ...

bump this thread with the latest version of the chart, & when I have time, I'll edit the file now contained within the FAQ.

MealeaYing
#23 Posted : 8/7/2014 3:28:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hya Cosmic Spore and Poads....

I got MHRB yesterday, its in there now, it was in your list Cosmic Spore, the one I missed adding because of being vacant.

Thanks for putting that into the Wiki, there is just one wee itty bitty problem:
I cant open the file!
It seems that its become a .DocX which is one of the microsoft office formats, one needs to have office to use it.
Heres the problem with that:
A lot of windows users don't have office (Im one of them).
Most macintosh users do not have office.
Linux Unix and Android users don't have office.
So....
For the sake of compatibility should I keep making this with HTML?

I have one other question:
Should I mix all the internet stuff into this list, or start a new one?
It seems to me that adding the internet stuff, which there is a vast quantity of, would make this list less directly useful, it will be a long list as it is but to add all the internet stuff and textmessage stuff it could become out of control.
I have an example that is over 90 pages long:
http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php
I suspect that some could overlap chemical terms though I haven't tried to cross reference this, and so I am not sure.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers!
Mealea
(-_-) {I do not know what I am doing, but I am doing it anyway)

Cosmic Spore
#24 Posted : 8/7/2014 4:37:45 PM

โ˜  โšก โ˜ฃ โš  โ˜ข

MealeaYing wrote:
It seems that its become a .DocX which is one of the microsoft office formats, one needs to have office to use it.
Heres the problem with that:
A lot of windows users don't have office (Im one of them).
Most macintosh users do not have office.
Linux Unix and Android users don't have office.

Ok, I've created new formats (.pdf, .htm, .mht, & the .docx), let me know which you think would be most universally openable, and I'll replace the link that's now in the FAQ.
For easiness sake I'll link them below.

MealeaYing wrote:
Should I mix all the internet stuff into this list, or start a new one?
It seems to me that adding the internet stuff, which there is a vast quantity of, would make this list less directly useful, it will be a long list as it is but to add all the internet stuff and textmessage stuff it could become out of control.
I have an example that is over 90 pages long:
http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php

Now that I see what you mean, I think separate lists would be more useful; I've just copied the list "NetLingo List of Chat Acronyms & Text Shorthand" & put that into different type files (.pdf, .htm, .mht, & the .docx).
See which you think is the most universally openable, and I'll replace "Abbreviations and their meanings" in the FAQ, and I'll also add "NetLingo List of Chat Acronyms & Text Shorthand" also.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/users/cosmicspore/Abbreviations.pdf
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/users/cosmicspore/Abbreviations.mht
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/users/cosmicspore/Abbreviations.docx
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/users/cosmicspore/Abbreviations.htm
-
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/users/cosmicspore/Acronyms.htm
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/users/cosmicspore/Acronyms.mht
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/users/cosmicspore/Acronyms.pdf
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/users/cosmicspore/Acronyms.docx

MealeaYing
#25 Posted : 8/7/2014 5:03:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My guess would be that Html and PDF would be most universal, html being more so.
Some people do not use PDF because it proprietary adobe stuff.
the MHT files download ok but are only openable (for me) in internet explorer, most people avoid this browser like the plague since its historically a major security hole.
PDF and HTML looked fine for me on the list I am working on, and PDF (interestingly) looked best (and reduced the number of pages somehow to 55) for the NetLingo list....
I think the NetLingo list just needs a little tweaking to get its table set right and to have some other formatting stuff addressed.
I can have a peek at that, it should be a simple matter (famous last words!) to grab the table itself.

Anyhow, HTML is best so far, followed by PDF which looks great but not everyone can use it. By definition if you can use the web you can use HTML.

Gimmy a bit and I will take a look at the NetLingo table.

MealeaYing
#26 Posted : 8/7/2014 5:07:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As it turns out its NOT a table.....
This is going to be tricky I think.... its big....
GRIN!

MealeaYing
#27 Posted : 8/7/2014 5:23:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow....
That list isn't small and its got a LOT of code in it.... mostly redundant. 1.71mb of extra stuff. If I still had and knew Linux I could make a script that would strip this down to the essentials and spit out nice clean HTML tables....
Anyhow, here it is reduced to whats useful:
https://dl.dropboxuserco...7/HTML/NetLingoGrab.html

Something to think about is that since this is theirs we might want to either change it in some fundamental way or simply ask to repost it, they might get peevish if we abscond their thing without asking or linking back to them.
The other thing is that this is the first list i found when I did a search on google, I am guessing that there are other lists like this that may be more... user/editor friendly and possibly in the public domain. Honestly I don't know, I found this one first and since it was so huge figured it was a good example.

Anyhow, see if you can work your magic on that one, and it occurs to me that having ALL of those formats you tried makes this MORE accessible not less!
I would say keep it up, more is not less right?

MealeaYing
#28 Posted : 8/7/2014 7:13:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh my god....
I just opened the .mht files in a text editor....
I dont know what to make of it, other than to figure that microsoft has gone insane.
.Mht is a page archiving format supposedly yet it seems to make the page far larger and break compatibility with any other web browser by adding a ton of very strange and irrelevant code while increasing the size of the original file dramatically, like by a factor of about six.

Did you save the original file with Internet Explorer? This is a very strange format...
I should look it up and see what I can find out about what they were thinking, It has me flummoxed!

Cosmic Spore
#29 Posted : 8/7/2014 8:35:35 PM

โ˜  โšก โ˜ฃ โš  โ˜ข

I copy/pasted into microsoft word, then saved as pdf, htm, and mht.
See if they are legible here as:
"List of abbreviations and their meanings." (htm) and "List of chat acronyms & text shorthand" (htm)

MealeaYing
#30 Posted : 8/8/2014 12:11:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...cspore/Abbreviations.htm
Looks fine, in fact its exact minus the stuff I put at the top.

This one however:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...cosmicspore/Acronyms.htm
Looks all messed up, this is not surprising as there is a LOT of extra code making that stuff look the way it does. Word maybe doesn't like a lot of it. I haven't tried to fix it yet but its possible I could do a search and replace on the stuff it doesn't need and put table information in instead.
In theory that should be easy, but in practice I need to look at my html editor, I haven't needed to do anything like this in a long time.

---Edit:
Ok it looks like its a form of unordered list
Code:
<ul>
that I don't know much about.
So, what I need to to do is strip out all of their stuff, and replace it with something simple like normal html table stuff, its easier to read, easier to edit and compatible with every operating system and web browser currently available, the trick is figuring out what is the stuff to replace and what is the stuff to keep and getting all of the special characters they use to show up correctly. This is where some gallant young geek in shining armor steps in and offers me a gin and tonic and says "get right on that lady, and be snappy about it." or something like that.

---Edit two:
This is the code before each of the things that needs to be removed:

Code:
<ul style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline:
0px; font-size: 13px; list-style: none; color: rgb(0, 0,
51); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight:
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal;
orphans: auto; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px;
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
<li style="margin: 0px 0px 2px 30px; padding: 0px; border:
0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px; list-style: none;
height: 22px; background: rgb(240, 248, 255);"><span
style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px
5px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px;
float: left; width: 160px; height: 22px; background:
rgb(220, 220, 220);"><span style="margin: 0px;
padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size:
16px; text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(153,
102, 51);">

Isolating that took a few moments, now I gotta figure out what replaces it and then have a look at the stuff after and figure out what that needs. ALL of that code is not needed and is screwing up Word, its also repeated for EVERY SINGLE ITEM in that list!
This is a perfect example of bloatware being used to create bigger bloatware.

The good news is that I can do this (I think).
The better news is that it will reduce the size of the file DRAMATICALLY if I succeed and it will make it 100% compatible, even Word should like it.
The even better than that news is I might even be able to make a comma delimited list that can be poured into a spreadsheet or database if someone gets ambitious and wants such a thing.

This is going to take me a bit of time however, I need to look at what I am replacing, what I am replacing it with and actually make it happen.

Cosmic Spore, thank you for the help with this, but if you get bored with it or anything let me know ok?

Cheers and thanks again!
Mealea

ps: You know people actually USE all those?!?! I know about five or six of them and make use of none!

MealeaYing
#31 Posted : 8/8/2014 1:26:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I got it, it was tedious and its STILL ugly.
There are 2497 different things in that list!
My html editor is offended at the idea of a table with that many rows.
The file is now FAR smaller, the first version I made was 1,754 kb this version is 525 kb.
Its still hard to work with and is obscenely long in my opinion but its as complete as anything I would ever want to see about a language I wish didn't exist.
Anyhow here it is:
https://dl.dropboxuserco...ML/NetLingoGrab-V.2.html

Did you know that some maniac translated the bible into that stuff?

MealeaYing
#32 Posted : 8/8/2014 2:25:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One for the drug list:
RC = Research Chemical

I updated the list, but it seems to me that updating for one thing could get silly, however I have been looking for the meaning of RC for a while and finally asked in the chat thingy, Thanks dreamer042!!!!

Here's the new list:
https://dl.dropboxuserco...L/TheMeaningOfStuff.html

Morris Crowley
#33 Posted : 8/8/2014 6:06:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Related to RC, I've got another for you: NPS

Two meanings, usually obvious from the context which one applies
1.) Novel Psychoactive Substance. Means basically the same thing as "research chemical", but it seems to be catching on both online and among academics who look at drug use and policy trends. Has the advantage of not implying that any formal research is occurring on the drugs in question... many just get dumped onto the "legal high" marketplace.
2.) Non-Polar Solvent (e.g. naphtha, xylene, toluene, limonene, etc.)
Follow me on Twitter (@morris_crowley) and on Facebook

Help us grow The Nexian

MealeaYing
#34 Posted : 8/8/2014 3:34:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Morris!

I think with things like this where they have more than one meaning I will make two (or more) lines and color code them so its obvious that one thing has more than one meaning.
I will add these as soon as the coffee soaks in a bit.

Something I realized is that there are some different ways of referring to the word drug. Personally I have no issue calling DMT a drug but I think others here do. Perhaps drug is a term that gets law enforcement excited and causes frothing at the mouth of certain more orthodox schools of... ahem... thought.
For now, if something is in my view a drug I will list it as such, but if there is a better term that everyone can agree with I can change that fairly easily.

Also would something like Acacia confusa root bark be considered a precursor? Am I even asking that correctly?

Heres Morris's update:

EDIT:
I have added Aya, I need some clarification as to which plants go into it and what their actual names are, thanks to I guess the Spanish and Portuguese bickering I am finding too much information and it conflicts with things I THOUGHT I knew.

Poads
#35 Posted : 8/8/2014 4:19:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MDMA - Ecstasy (though, you probably want to use its scientific name, which I don't know off the top of my head)

FAE - Fresh Air Exchange (for growing mushrooms)

GVG - Glass Vapor Genie
POADS is gone!

MealeaYing
#36 Posted : 8/8/2014 4:23:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whoops!
Thanks Poads!
We posted almost at the same time, I will add these right now since I am already working on this thing.
Thanks!

MealeaYing
#37 Posted : 8/8/2014 4:36:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This glass vapor genie thing, its a pipe for smoking? Thats what I listed it as.
Anyhow, that updates up, thanks again!

Same link as always:

Poads
#38 Posted : 8/8/2014 5:41:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MealeaYing wrote:
This glass vapor genie thing, its a pipe for smoking? Thats what I listed it as.
Anyhow, that updates up, thanks again!

Same link as always:

Yes, the glass vapor genie is a device that is often used to "vaporize" DMT freebase. I've never used it myself, but many people here swear by it.
POADS is gone!

MealeaYing
#39 Posted : 8/10/2014 6:05:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Poads wrote:
Yes, the glass vapor genie is a device that is often used to "vaporize" DMT freebase. I've never used it myself, but many people here swear by it.

Ok, that explains that.... I found them on Google....
They and a few other things are added (methanol and a few other things, I forget already!)....

Thanks Poads!

MealeaYing
#40 Posted : 8/11/2014 8:20:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hAVE A FEW MORE TO ADD BUT i HAVE SOME QUESTi...... i HAVE CAPS LOCK ON....

Ok....
Lets try this again.
I have a few questions:
First, since this isnt a typewriter, why do I still have to put up with capslock?

Seriously. Sorry but that is the twentieth time thats happened today.
Ok so I have a few more to add but I do have a question:
Freebase is a method of smoking involving vaporization.
Free-base is a base (as opposed to an acid) and is something that you want after making a salt?
Is that at all correct?

Heres where things tend to go over my head and force me to reassess my ability to grasp even simple concepts:
Quote:
DMT naturally occurs as a salt. However, as a salt it will not disolve in your apolar solvent (naphtha) so we need to convert it to a freebase (free - base) molecule.

This indicates to me that there are two meanings once again for the same words and that the molecule is not only a free-base but is also freebase-able (perhaps not yet, but soon, give or take)... It also indicates to me, quite accurately I think, that I do not possess even the basic reading skills required to follow these things let alone the chemical background.

So:
Freebase = A method of ingesting a drug
Free-Base = A molecule that... I dont know.... is not acid? is dissolvable in naphtha which is also alchohol? (methanol?).

Aren't you glad I don't design bridges?
I have so much to learn!

Cheers!
Mealea

PREV1234NEXT