We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
These put virtual reality goggles in the shade! Options

Duncan Disorderly
#1 Posted : 7/27/2022 9:57:02 PM

DO NOT READ THIS!

I'd like to suggest the Manta Sleep Mask. They are ideal when you "indulge". Somehow, keeping my eyes open makes the experience better for me. They are by far the best virtual (NOT) reality goggles you will ever own. Razz

Link below. That said, I'm sure you can find them cheaper elsewhere, if you search for them. And, no, I am NOT on commission. Laughing

Manta Sleep Mask

Peace and love.
DD
“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Icyseeker
#2 Posted : 7/28/2022 2:50:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think I will grab one of these incase I ever have to sleep in my car. I will also test them out on psychedelics and get back to you.
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

RowRowRowYourBoat
#3 Posted : 7/28/2022 4:27:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Completely agree that ones where you can open your eyes and see no light are key. Whether or not there is one mask that can comfortably accomplish that for all people and shapes of face is another question though. Among different blackout masks I have had varying success. I haven't tried the manta specifically, but one that was somewhat similar and I think there's a little bit of a crap shoot with a mask fitting your face just right.

I had an inexpensive one that was perfect for the shape of my face but couldn't get a replacement when it wore out. I have tested 2 more 'premium' sleep masks, one was comfortable but let in more light around my nose than a sock tied around my head would have, and the other blocks out all the light, but I can just feel my eyelashes on the back of the cups when I blink which is kind of distracting.

I actually just re-checked for the half dozenth time over the years and that old sleep mask I loved is actually in stock on amazon when I search for it for once. I don't know that I would necessarily recommend it to others, its just what happened to fit my face and nose perfectly and let me blink without being constantly reminded that there was something sitting right over my eyes.
Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Why you should NOT take DMT

Duncan Disorderly
#4 Posted : 7/28/2022 11:24:31 PM

DO NOT READ THIS!

Thank you for your replies.

@Icyseeker. I look forward to hearing what you think of them. Smile

@RowRowRowYourBoat. Originally, I cut off the padding from an old pair of headphones and glued them onto a sleep mask I acquired when I flew to Florida. They worked fine, but eventually I needed to invest in something better.

Personally, I have found the Manta Sleep Mask ideal because it's adjustable. It cuts off the light perfectly for me. You're absolutely correct about seeing no light being key to the experience. I guess it's just a matter of finding a mask that accomplishes this, while accommodating the shape of your face.

Apart from this, it has led me to wonder if a lack of light is key to astral travelling. As well, how our eyes can also become projectors. They don't just take in what they see from the outside in, but are capable of seeing from the inside out.

As the Kybalion states in the second Law of Correspondence; as above, so below. I find that particularly poignant.

Peace and love.
DD.
“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra