We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
may have fugged up... Options

Aegle
#21 Posted : 2/14/2010 9:20:12 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

*Giggles* uncontrollably...

Much Peace and Happiness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

OriginalFace
#22 Posted : 2/22/2010 11:36:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

antrocles, it's been 10 days since you started this adventure.
Do you have any pinning yet?
I would expect harvest time to be happening this week.

OF

I want to be happy,
But I can't be happy,
'till I make you happy, too Pleased

In the province of the mind, there are no limits.

OriginalFace
#23 Posted : 3/3/2010 3:53:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, couldn't wait for ant's reply so I went ahead and ordered one of these kitsSmile

Ordered last thursday and it arrived today labelled as "natural aromatic herbal incense free sample".
The packaging appears untampered by customs.

Inside the box, the kit appears to be identical to the one in the movie, except with a different style of air filter on the bag.

Although there is no label as to which strain is in the kit, I ordered the "golden teacher" because of my understanding
of the chart on the webpage that this was a more visual strain than the others.

Wish me luck!

OF

I want to be happy,
But I can't be happy,

antrocles
#24 Posted : 3/3/2010 4:13:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

welll......i waited about 14 days after my first soak and NOTHING... Sad

so-i RE-SOAKED the kit, put it in the bag and waited another 5 days and TODAY i have about 7 little pins popping up!! hardly a boast-worthy first flush, but very exciting to watch all the same. it's funny- the substrate looks heavily colonized, so why such a modest fruiting?

thanks a bunch for all your help and support my brothers. phlux has been great as well, helping me out via PM. i suppose if i can harvest one journey's worth from this experiment it will all be worth it! Pleased

L&G!!
antrocles attached the following image(s):
lil flush.jpg (119kb) downloaded 147 time(s).
lil flush 2.jpg (96kb) downloaded 147 time(s).
lil pinning.jpg (67kb) downloaded 147 time(s).
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

Elpo
#25 Posted : 3/3/2010 4:23:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good.to.hear.

They.should.be.growing.quickly.now...So.keep.a.good.eye.on.them

Peace
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

OriginalFace
#26 Posted : 3/3/2010 5:26:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How's the weather been in your part of California? Often a temperature drop after complete colonization is
required to initiate pinning; maybe pop the kit in the fridge for an hour or so will help for your next flush.
( Let this flush complete, of course )

High humidity is required for fruiting to occur, however your humidity may be just a bit over the top with all that condensation.
You could try opening the bag briefly to allow an air exchange.

Just a couple of observations.

OF

I want to be happy,
But I can't be happy,

SnozzleBerry
#27 Posted : 3/3/2010 5:33:47 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

OriginalFace wrote:
How's the weather been in your part of California? Often a temperature drop after complete colonization is
required to initiate pinning; maybe pop the kit in the fridge for an hour or so will help for your next flush.
( Let this flush complete, of course )

High humidity is required for fruiting to occur, however your humidity may be just a bit over the top with all that condensation.
You could try opening the bag briefly to allow an air exchange.

Just a couple of observations.

OF

There's no need to put it in the fridge...the temperature shift from incubation to room temp should be enough (along with the other factors) to give the mycelium the signal to start pinning. Cold shocking is unnecessary with cubensis and has been shown to be detrimental in some cases. OriginalFace makes good points about humidity and fae, for fruiting cakes you dont want 99% rh, 88-95% tends to be a better range. And plentiful fresh air exchange is always good to have. If phlux- is helping you out though, I wouldn't be too concerned, he knows his fungus.

peace
SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

acolon_5
#28 Posted : 3/3/2010 5:51:56 PM

The Great Namah

I suggest NOT ordering kits. It is very clear that you intend to grow mushrooms when buying one.

I strongly suggest anyone looking to get into mushroom growing use a highly reputable venodr (ralphster spores, sporeworks, hawkeye spores) and look at the PF Tek. For $50 you will be set up for many, many grows. Learn to take spore prints, learn to make a steril spore syringe...these things are not as hard as they sound.

All you need:

1 Pressure Cooker
1-2 packs of Ball Mason Jars, widemouth 1/2pint
Vermiculite (online is easiest to procure unless you live near a LARGE nursery)
Perilite (found at any garden store)
Spore Print OR Spore Syringe
Tyvek (fedex envelopes are made of tyvek, feels like plastic acts like paper, allows air exchange but no contams can get in)
Brown Rice Flour. Organic works better, but regular brown rice from the store can be ground up well for "rice flour"
An incubation chamber (for me this is a plastic container placed in the closet near the light
A fruiting chamber, clear plastic container with lid, add perilite and you're good to go.

I have been having flushes that look like I've spent thousands on my grow set up. This just is not the case. A $50-70 investment when I started growing years ago still serves me well. I only need to get more verm and perilite on occasion.

Switch to cased grain when you feel proficient with PF cakes.

It'll save you a lot of money this way, you will be able to grow forever as long as you keep getting a few prints per grow.

LC's are a great way to conserve on spores, but are hard to tell if they are contaminated until innoculation.
Grain to Grain transfer has worked best for me.

Also, Cold Shocking for Cubes is a waste of time, and will retard pinning by a few days....don't do it!
There some mushrooms that need a cold shock to pin, Cubes are not one of these mushrooms.

PM me if you need any tips or help with your grow. Also, you can save all your spent mycelium and/or aborts and make a wonderful, highly active extract from them.

Best of Luck!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

antrocles
#29 Posted : 3/3/2010 6:31:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
I suggest NOT ordering kits. It is very clear that you intend to grow mushrooms when buying one.

I strongly suggest anyone looking to get into mushroom growing use a highly reputable venodr (ralphster spores, sporeworks, hawkeye spores) and look at the PF Tek. For $50 you will be set up for many, many grows. Learn to take spore prints, learn to make a steril spore syringe...these things are not as hard as they sound.

All you need:

1 Pressure Cooker
Tyvek (fedex envelopes are made of tyvek, feels like plastic acts like paper, allows air exchange but no contams can get in)
Brown Rice Flour. Organic works better, but regular brown rice from the store can be ground up well for "rice flour"
An incubation chamber (for me this is a plastic container placed in the closet near the light
A fruiting chamber, clear plastic container with lid, add perilite and you're good to go.

I have been having flushes that look like I've spent thousands on my grow set up. This just is not the case. A $50-70 investment when I started growing years ago still serves me well. I only need to get more verm and perilite on occasion.

It'll save you a lot of money this way, you will be able to grow forever as long as you keep getting a few prints per grow.

LC's are a great way to conserve on spores, but are hard to tell if they are contaminated until innoculation.

Also, Cold Shocking for Cubes is a waste of time, and will retard pinning by a few days....don't do it!
There some mushrooms that need a cold shock to pin, Cubes are not one of these mushrooms.

PM me if you need any tips or help with your grow. Also, you can save all your spent mycelium and/or aborts and make a wonderful, highly active extract from them.

Best of Luck!

alright- half of that made perfect sense and the other half reads like some hyperspace manual on how to realign an atomic converter on a spacecraft. Shocked

i'm easing my way into the fugus growing...i'm sure i'll be good at it in good time though....i certainly appreciate all the support from everyone! gonna go open my bag now and allow some fresh air exchange to see how that affects things....

L&G!!
wisdom today."

soulfood
#30 Posted : 3/3/2010 6:55:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

My friend's doing his first grow now. 8 PF cakes of cubensis and he can't understand why he didn't think of this sooner. Very simple and the potential yields can be insane over time.

1 syringe easily noc's up 8 cakes then all you need is 2 prints from your first yield to noc 20 cakes... So much goods for so little investment. It's the perfect crime Smile

ragabr
#31 Posted : 3/3/2010 7:43:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, for SWIM inspiration to start this process as well. She still hasn't tried any of the crop that came up in her first attempt. Thanks everyone; you'll probably be hearing from me, Acolon_5!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

DMTripper
#32 Posted : 3/4/2010 11:27:30 AM

John Murdoch IV

Hey Ant!
Don't forget to bring some spice to the trip. Blasting of to hyperspace is awesome while peaking on shrooms Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

acolon_5
#33 Posted : 3/4/2010 2:46:58 PM

The Great Namah

ragabr wrote:
Okay, for SWIM inspiration to start this process as well. She still hasn't tried any of the crop that came up in her first attempt. Thanks everyone; you'll probably be hearing from me, Acolon_5!

Everyone is always welcome to PM me with questions. I'll do my best to answer them.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Elpo
#34 Posted : 3/6/2010 5:29:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:

All you need:

1 Pressure Cooker

Best of Luck!

I think this list is great to have. I have been looking for all the supplies i need to start with growing them without the need of a growkit. The only thing is that i doubt it will cost no more then 50 dollars, as a pressure cooker is already 70-80 euros. But i can't wait to start with that too. So thanks Acolon for the advice and suggestions, when i get to it i will surely start bombing you with pms.

Peace
Elpo
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

antrocles
#35 Posted : 3/6/2010 8:29:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

first flush is going NUTS!!! this is incredible you guys!! is there anything more awesome that peeking in the freezer to see DMT crystals falling like snow and waking up each morning and running to my little mushroom area to see how they've basically DOUBLED in size overnight?????!?

WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!

L&G!!
wisdom today."

obliguhl
#36 Posted : 3/6/2010 9:15:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's fun, isn't it?

Quote:
alright- half of that made perfect sense and the other half reads like some hyperspace manual on how to realign an atomic converter on a spacecraft.

No need to make it complicated. PF-Tek:

1.Make substrate, put in jars - sterilize it with pressure cooker
2.Mix Prints with water, put in syringes work as sterile as possible!
3.Innoculate jars with spore solution
4. Wait for jars to become white, remove the cake by stomping jar on table
5. Put Jars in water for 24h
6.Put jars in fruiting chamber
7. Exchange fresh air daily, Mist daily
8. Wait for fruits.

Alternativly crumble cakes to spawn (coco coir, shit etc), let the mycelium grow again and fruit in greenhouse (higher yields)

OriginalFace
#37 Posted : 3/6/2010 9:39:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!

Smile

10 days behind you and gainingWink

OF

I want to be happy,
But I can't be happy,

antrocles
#38 Posted : 3/9/2010 1:07:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

first flush....actually there is a flush that's slightly behind this little group of four....the little sheath that covers the spore gills split apart and i took that as the sign to harvest these guys....is that correct?

either way, got another eight coming up currently and then i'll repeat the soak, strain, bag process. the company said i should be able to get at least 5 flushes!

this has been SO EXCITING!!

L&G!!
antrocles attached the following image(s):
fun guys.jpg (184kb) downloaded 50 time(s).
baby fun guys.jpg (106kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
wisdom today."

Phlux-
#39 Posted : 3/9/2010 1:12:19 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Those are gona be some damn nice mu.

Harvest time looks perfect too.

Awesome job bro.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

tryptographer
#40 Posted : 3/9/2010 7:05:58 PM

tryptamine photographer

Aren't they stunning, you haven't fugged up!

I had the same problem of no pinning for weeks after an ultra-fast colonization of the jar, but today saw the first little baby-head pop up Smile

Can't wait to read your bio-assay... and I couldn't agree more with DMTripper about combining them with DMT!

PREV12