We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
South East Queensland Acacias and Moi! Options

MercedesMam
#1 Posted : 6/15/2022 7:55:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Howdy to all! I've been around here since April this year after first experiencing mushrooms in 2019 to my great joy. I'm really interested in all things psychedelic and hoping my travels will make me calmer about "what it all means" Wut? I live in the "bush" and have lots of acacias around me. Identifying them is a challenge and I find that even those who are actively involved in caring for trees and plants of my region have trouble with the finer delineations.

I'm hoping there might be some folk around in the same area as me who can assist with IDs. Or do I just bung up photos of the acacias in question? I've got a particular one flowering at the moment and would love to know what it is - I was told Acacia Leiocalyx. I've previously tried an extraction on another tree but it yielded nuffink - I followed a tek for Mimosa root, in summary doing a Naphtha soak after powdering the leaves, then into the freezer. I liked the idea of this tek as it didn't sound too dangerous Laughing Anyway nothing came of it at all. I'd be happy to keep experimenting but the lighter fluid isn't cheap and is actually quite expensive in the face of failure.

Was I wrong to assume the tek would work for acacia? Or is there a completely different approach for acacias? I am a complete novice - can't emphasise that enough!

So I'm hoping there might be some local advice that can assist - I'm also happy just to put up photos and put it out there if that's the better approach.

Gentle guidance is much appreciated, thank you!
MercedesMam attached the following image(s):
Acacia 2.jpg (656kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
Acacia 3.jpg (371kb) downloaded 56 time(s).
Acacia 4.jpg (1,220kb) downloaded 56 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

BobDobbs
#2 Posted : 6/15/2022 1:57:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm in the same boat - I need to get better at (not to mention more interested in) plant identification. You're going to want to go the extra mile to identify the Acacias you have nearby but also know how to identify the species that are known for DMT - so that you don't miss them if you're out somewhere else. Keep looking for plant identification sites and maybe even apps. Just bear in mind that these things can attach a history of queries to you - so throw in a bunch of completely unrelated queries. Pleased

_Trip_
#3 Posted : 6/15/2022 2:39:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's no difference in extractions for acacias except maybe using more lye to settle that damn emulsion from acacia fats.

First I'd start with something like nexus wiki look at what acacias have been found to have dmt better yet check out the acacia thread.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...;t=23472&find=unread

Secondly you live in Queensland grow mimosa hostilis or acacia simplex or acacia confusa if possible. You're in a good climate to grow so many good plants.

Thirdly this may help identification https://apps.lucidcentra...wattle/identify/key.html it's a great tool for narrowing down acacia.

Fourthly 20l shellite at bunnings it's cheap, cheaper than brands of lighter fluid anyway.

Australia has close to 1000 acacias (for memory) it is going to be hard identifying it over nexus in a lot of cases. And not many Australian acacias have had there alkaloids mapped out. There's also genetic and seasonal variations.

Sustainable practices are preferred than just walking around damaging local plants.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

MercedesMam
#4 Posted : 6/16/2022 6:00:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Bobdobs and Trip for your replies. I know CSIRO did a study on Acacias and alkaloid content but it seems the resultant study is in a book costing a pretty penny. Perhaps that's worth the investment. I've a brochure about acacias of SE Qld (available online) but it seems there's lots of grey around getting an ID exactly right. That's why I'm thinking the experimental approach might be the best one - and with the Shellite at Bunnings tip that makes experimenting a bit more feasible.

Sustainable practices is not a problem for me - I've got acacias all around me with most dropping limbs at a rate of knots. Being a pioneer species they pop up constantly. I'm not interesting in getting anything from the root of a tree, so it's all flowers and leaves at this point.

The tek I used previously was a "B" tek and no lye involved. Do you think that is going to be necessary for acacias? I'm not sure if that makes sense (I found the tek on this site).

_Trip_
#5 Posted : 6/16/2022 2:18:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're chasing acacia maybe look into Courtii, you should be able to grow Acuminata i think as well where you live. Courtii would be a good one for conservation reasons too.
If you're just experimenting then try to get a solid ID and go nuts then report back, data is always welcome here.

By "B" tek I assume you mean straight to base (STB)?
If you didn't use lye as a base what did you use?
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

LizKing
#6 Posted : 1/15/2023 7:55:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Another high-delivery acacia is 'acacia floribunda', seems to be a better choice, it grows everywhere on the east coast apparently. Let us know how things go.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=26773
Lizard King - astrology, tarot, taoist alchemy, and all things esoteric.

“I am the Lizard King / Retire now to your tents and to your dreams,
Tomorrow we enter the town of my birth, / I want to be ready.”
Jim Morrison - The Doors