We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Freezing fresh mushroom tea for storage? Options

null24
#1 Posted : 6/11/2022 5:28:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I'd like to make and freeze some tea from fresh oviods. Quick and dirty question- how long will it keep potency?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 6/11/2022 9:09:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think frozen, it would stay potent for decades. I've frozen some shrooms once, and the freezing process turned psilocin into psilocybin or something (they litterally turned very dark blue all over....completely blue mushrooms from head to toe) and they became somewhat spongy or gooish, but they stayed strong for years.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 6/13/2022 9:02:40 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Frozen tea should remain potent for as long as it remains frozen, and thereafter long enough to make it into your CNS if you don't let it hang around once it's thawed out. Use ice cube trays for convenience of dosing, or maybe something like ice pop molds if the potency is lower. Trying to chip a sensible dose off a massive block would be a pain and could easily lead to losses.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

null24
#4 Posted : 6/14/2022 8:24:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Awesome! Thanks for the responses. I have a lot of very blue ice cubes but don’t have a time opportunity in the near future to use them, so this is comforting to me that it’s not going to waste. Yay.

We’ve had the wettest spring in 80 years up here and it’s been very, very good for the warm weather mushies. My problem is how to store them all long enough to give away and consume.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*