We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca and meditation Options

PolarisZ
#1 Posted : 6/9/2022 5:33:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I was curious if anyone has experimented with meditation while tripping on Ayahuasca.

My initial experience was to meditate on the come up, before what I had considered to be the "proper" trip with music. This was at 7g of root bark, and I was struck at just how easy it made meditation, at a time when I was still quite inexperienced at doing it. Just sat, focused, and I was in the zone, complete with a vision playing. Though I didn't keep at it for too long, and transitioned to music.

As continued having ayahuasca trips, I kept getting the sense that I really aughta put away the music, sit upright, and just meditate for the trip proper, so I did so. At lower dosages in the 4g range, it was certainly much more difficult to settle the mind, but eventually I succeeded, and had sensations that felt very similar to the initial stages of vaping DMT, though without the visuals. After that, I thought I meditated enough, turned on the music and layed down, where I was greeted with much sharper visuals.

On a later trip, still 4g, I managed to settle my mind much more quickly, and then blasted off to the moon. Very intense visuals, no music required.

Anyone else with similar experiences?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 6/9/2022 7:51:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Meditation is the key in getting deeper into the Ayahuasca realms. Meditation teaches you non-attachment which I think is very important in discerning the visions and experiences. The less you are drawn to distractions the more valuable experiences you can have. You can also experience the what I believe are the deep meditative jhana states described in Buddhist meditation manuals.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

shroombee
#3 Posted : 6/9/2022 9:48:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

On light doses of pharmahuasca, I'll meditate a little during the come up and then a lot more during/after the come down.

I've done a lot of meditation on shrooms. After eating the shrooms, I'll sit in meditation for up to 2 hours. Trying to stay totally present to the arising bodily sensations during the come up, and then to the stories appearing in my mind. I think it's a good practice.

Another meditative practice for plant medicine is playing a musical instrument. I'll sometimes play piano for a couple hours during the peak of a mushroom journey - sometimes as a method to ground myself if the trip starts getting too intense.

PolarisZ
#4 Posted : 6/10/2022 10:58:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
You can also experience the what I believe are the deep meditative jhana states described in Buddhist meditation manuals.

I certainly caught a glimpse of a state of bliss, though it didn't last before things got crazy and overwhelming. I even saw something that looked very similar to this

Quote:
I've done a lot of meditation on shrooms. After eating the shrooms, I'll sit in meditation for up to 2 hours. Trying to stay totally present to the arising bodily sensations during the come up, and then to the stories appearing in my mind. I think it's a good practice.

I've had less luck meditating on shrooms. The mind seems less willing to settle down.

Infectedstyle
#5 Posted : 9/3/2022 1:03:51 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

Not directly linked to Ayahuasca

Besides physical where we meet other people
I've discovered you meet the same people as I am walking on an emotional plane
and you can also meet each other on a mental plane

we can exchange interaction with each other on all 3 planes at the same time

But while influenced by Ayahuasca the mental plane is particularly common and it exists of complex itneractions and travels. Possibly across time as well. But common in my experience the mental is synchronised with linear time