We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
30 Year Old New Guy Options

asimd
#1 Posted : 6/4/2022 2:14:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello Friends,

I'm 30 years old from Austin TX. I'm an outsider to this space, but I've been intrigued by DMT in particular for more than 10 years now. I mean, who isn't interested after hearing accounts by people who've had "breakthrough" experiences, and have described it as "more real than reality".
I have tried Salvia back when it was 100% legal. (So stupid that they made it illegal btw. It was the opposite of a "gateway drug" IMO.) So I am familiar with how it feels to completely forget that you are a conscious entity that exists separate from my environment. But other than blacking out in jujitsu, that's the only psychedelic experience I've had.
This might be an ignorant statement, but I don't have any interest in other non-DMT experiences. My ignorant impression of them is that you see pretty colors and everything is wobbly and that's about it. So DMT is what I'm really interested in learning about.

More random things about me:
I'm a computer programmer (mostly).
I'm a dad and husband and I feel old lol.
I have ADHD. My mind never stops thinking. I hear DMT quiets that voice for 5 minutes, which alone would be enough to peak my interest.
I'm happy and productive 10% of the time. 90% I feel like I'm not really living life, and I struggle with super basic tasks.
I mentioned being interested in DMT to my psychiatrist and psychologist. They suggested I do research and perhaps apply to be a test subject for a research study (which I couldn't find for DMT) or look at Ayahuasca retreats (which are expensive and not easy to fit in my schedule).

Sorry if this was TMI.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

CosmicRiver
#2 Posted : 6/4/2022 4:34:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi and welcome! Big grin
This forum is the perfect place to learn more about DMT Pleased

It's cool if you're not interested in other psychedelics, but to tell the truth their effects are not limited to pretty visuals. I'd say that the headspace is the most sought-after effect of psychedelics in general.

Ayahuasca IME is completely different from vaporized DMT, not only for the duration and the physical effects but also on a psychological/emotional level.

Tomtegubbe
#3 Posted : 6/5/2022 9:59:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello asimd!

Different psychedelics add a different tone to the experience, but in my experience they all are tools that can be used for the same purpose.

Psychedelics especially combined with meditation can be very effective in developing patience and impulse control. In the psychedelic headspace you become very aware of what is going on in your mind. It can be overwhelming at first, but little by little you can learn to have more control on your thoughts and impulses. These skills are something you can take with you to your ordinary everyday life.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

TheReeceMunkey
#4 Posted : 6/5/2022 12:05:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome asimd

You have come to the right place to learn and you wont find a better community. Just like you I found the nexus after hearing stories about hyperspace and breakthroughs. I had my first breakthrough just four days ago and I can say that no amount of stories or trip reports come even close to what the experience is really like. Really life changing doesn't even do it justice.

The one thing I think you need to know is that there is no baby steps, when you break through you break through. So make sure you are ready.

You said you were not interested in other psychedelics which is fine. But I found that my journey with shrooms ( which does have baby steps ) from beginner to my 7g trips really did help in getting me ready for DMT.

Again welcome and really ask as many questions as you like. The people here are amazing.

Icyseeker
#5 Posted : 6/5/2022 2:38:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus. I am glad you made your way here. Interesting that your not interested in other psychedelics... I suppose if I was limited to just one drug it would be dmt as well because of its sheer power.

asimid wrote:
This might be an ignorant statement, but I don't have any interest in other non-DMT experiences. My ignorant impression of them is that you see pretty colors and everything is wobbly and that's about it. So DMT is what I'm really interested in learning about.

Personally I feel that less powerful psychedelics are actually more conductive to learning lessons in daily life. Not that DMT won't help with it just that DMT feels more cosmic. LSD has personally affected my life in a giant way and I would recommend it. Maybe go for the higher doses because you can get to hyperspace through any classical psychedelic.

asimd wrote:
I'm happy and productive 10% of the time. 90% I feel like I'm not really living life, and I struggle with super basic tasks.

I feel this. Not on the super basic tasks but on the focus issue. I find when I am focused I get what needs to be done well. But for specific things I can circle around doing it for hours. Meditation has helped me with this problem.
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

asimd
#6 Posted : 7/5/2022 10:27:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks all for the welcome and advice you gave me. This seems like a very nice, intelligent group of people here. I’ll probably be one of those people who comes back here every few months, so my apologies if I don’t reply to anyone in a timely manner.

Here’s my 3 stage DMT plan, which is open to suggestions. Of course, my plan doesn’t include anything illegal, as far as I’m aware.

Stage 1:
Sometime this year or next year, I’ll probably do one of those weekend Ayahuasca retreats. I found a local one. It’s $850. Seems legit but I’m no expert. Here’s their website: https://www.theshamanicschool.com/
Their email states, “in each ceremony you can have as many cups/doses as you wish”. I don’t know if you can get a breakthrough experience by taking enough Ayahuasca, but I’m gonna try to take as much as I can and see what happens. I hear it’s not easy to hold down, so I’m prepared to throw up a few times.

Stage 2:
Take time to learn more about DMT.
I think experiencing Ayahuasca will satisfy my curiosity for a while. Though eventually, I might want to experience (vaporized) DMT. I could be wrong, but my understanding is smoking DMT is a more potent but shorter experience than Ayahuasca. I haven’t read many people comparing them so they seem to be different experiences. Not just being characterized by different lengths of time and intensity.
There also seems to be different types of DMT. I think one is more dissociative while another retains your ego through the experience. Sounds like both are worth experiencing but not sure which I’d do first.
Having said that, I don’t exactly know how I’d go about accessing DMT. I’d hope some new generation of politicians might legalize it in some way before I die. Perhaps as a prescribable psychiatric treatment. But not gonna hold my breath.
Part of this research stage will be to understand how to do things safely and legally. I’m a milk drinker (if you know what I mean). I don’t know how to acquire anything, and it’s my understanding we are not to discuss that. So I won’t. But as I understand it, there are perfectly legal ways to acquire some plants and discretely do stuff with those plants. It seems like this is the website to learn about the science of how that works, for educational purposes.

Stage 3:
After doing adequate research, and assuming there are legal avenues (of course), I’ll try to experience a breakthrough with at least one type of DMT. Unless it is strongly recommended to have another person helping, I’ll probably do this alone.

So that’s my plan for now. Just thought I’d type it out so I can see it for myself. I’m open to anyone leaving critiques, comments, or suggestions.

Regards.

CosmicRiver
#7 Posted : 7/6/2022 12:45:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi again asimd!

Speaking about Ayahuasca, I'd suggest against drinking "as much as you can". It's not necessary to drink a large quantity to have a breakthrough experience and the bodyload (nausea etc.) is strong.
Speaking about DMT, there aren't differet types. It is one molecule that can give a wide range of experiences.

I agree with the people who say that Ayahuasca and vaporized DMT are very different experiences. I took Ayahuasca only once, while I vaporized DMT several times, so I don't have much experience with the former. The main difference for me (aside from the duration, hours vs. minutes) has been that on Ayahuasca the visions followed a narrative, as if I was dreaming or on a journey, while vaporized DMT felt more chaotic and fast-moving. But I wouldn't say that Ayahuasca is less potent than vaporized DMT. IME they can be equally potent, and vaporized DMT doesn't have the same bodyload.

Wish you the best! Love