We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : What belief system would you place yourself in?
Choice Votes Statistics
Theism 11 13 %
Atheism 9 11 %
Deism 2 2 %
other 59 72 %

PREV1234NEXT»
Spirituality of the Nexus! Options

Saidin
#21 Posted : 2/12/2010 1:06:24 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

88 wrote:
I believe that consciousness and reality are inseparable.

I also believe that consciousness is shared, and exists outside of the time/space construct that we know.

In that sense I believe that the universe is bound and created by consciousness.

But I don't know if consciousness evolved from life, or if life evolved to join in consciousness.

SO I guess that makes me gnostic (the opposite of agnostic, rather than a typo ) - I believe there is secret or hidden knowledge which leads to enlightenment. And obviously since I'm here, I think I've found the key to the library where this gnostic knowledge resides Smile

This is very much along the lines of what I have come to know though my experiences of psychedelics, meditation, hypnosis, and dreams. Life as we know it evolved to join consciousness, and thus the two are intertwined. One layer of an onion on top of another, fractal spirals of existence going up and down he spiral. Everything is conscious to one degree or another, it is the underlying fabric or structure to our universe. Atoms are conscious, as are molecules, single cells, animals, planets, stars, galaxies. Everything is part of everything else.

There is much knowledge from the Gnostic teachings, and you have found the key. It is hidden in plain sight, waiting for someone to notice it when they are ready.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Ginkgo
#22 Posted : 2/12/2010 1:15:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

- We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

That is my belief. I feel no further explanation or labeling is needed.

ACTG
#23 Posted : 2/12/2010 1:39:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you pinche, and indeed there are!
very humble of you as well that is important!
my understanding of history and science is the architect of my perception of this universe. it could be completely incorrect and ass backwards but it has yet to contradict logic and reason which is all we truly have.

Heres a short video that i think would compliment this thread very well i highly recommend watching it!!!! And if its your first time on the TED site have a look around i found it has become a great resource! Very happy
TED: VS Ramachandran, the neurons that shaped civilazation.Stop
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." -Edwin Hubble

ACTG
#24 Posted : 2/12/2010 1:43:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@evening glory, i have contemplated similar concepts!!
and i have been meaning to ask what the name of the artwork/artist your avatar picture is!? is it yours?
very reminiscent of one of swims journeys !Shocked
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." -Edwin Hubble

Ginkgo
#25 Posted : 2/12/2010 1:56:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ACTG wrote:
@evening glory, i have contemplated similar concepts!!
and i have been meaning to ask what the name of the artwork/artist your avatar picture is!? is it yours?
very reminiscent of one of swims journeys !Shocked

No, I am not much of a painter! I'm really glad you like it, though. The painting is named Deep Breath and is painted by Melanie Weidner.

pinche
#26 Posted : 2/12/2010 2:24:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ACTG wrote:

my understanding of history and science is the architect of my perception of this universe. it could be completely incorrect and ass backwards but it has yet to contradict logic and reason which is all we truly have.

Right on,man. Thats all i was really saying.We only know what we perceive.And we all perceive differently.We all have our own personal truth.What worries me are people who say "My truth is everyones truth." You obviously dont fall into that catagory.

Personally,my view is closer to 88,Evening Glory and Saidin.But hey i could be totally wrong.I hope the "truth" is ever changing and evolving to greater novelties and is beyond my imagination.

Evening Glory,that is a cool painting.Reminds me of aya.Smile

Virola78
#27 Posted : 2/14/2010 12:23:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is how i feel about it.
You tell me what i am..

God is not separate from the world; He is the soul of the world, and each of us contains a part of the Divine Fire. All things are parts of one single system, which is called Nature; the individual life is good when it is in harmony with Nature. In one sense, every life is in harmony with Nature, since it is such as Nature’s laws have caused it to be; but in another sense a human life is only in harmony with Nature when the individual will is directed to ends which are among those of Nature. Virtue consists in a will which is in agreement with Nature. The wicked, though perforce they obey God’s law, do so involuntarily; in the simile of Cleanthes, they are like a dog tied to a cart, and compelled to go wherever it goes.
In the life of an individual man, virtue is the sole good; such things as health, happiness, possessions, are of no account. Since virtue resides in the will, everything really good or bad in a man’s life depends only upon himself. He may be poor, but what of it? He can still be virtuous. He may be sentenced to death, but he can die nobly, like Socrates. Other men have power only over externals; virtue, which alone is truly good, rests entirely with the individual. Therefore every man has perfect freedom, provided he emancipates himself from mundane desires.

(btw not my words, i just copy&pasted)

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Aegle
#28 Posted : 3/1/2010 3:48:39 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

The root of my philosophy is pure compassion, compassion is the only way forward...
Reality is completely subjective, you create and manifest your own experience of reality...
Everything is nothing and nothing is everything, life is a complete paradox...
The more answers that you discover the more questions you will find...

Much Peace and Sunshine
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Kartikay
#29 Posted : 3/1/2010 8:02:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe that psychedelic entheogens are a sacrament that allow us to temporarily fully experience whatever the Truth of the matter is by freeing our awareness of all or many of the normal constraints that the brain imposes. I believe that we can take bits and pieces of this back into our normal state of consciousness. I believe that one of these bits and pieces is that everything and everyone is connected to the point where we are just one single consciousness, divided only by awareness. If you want to call that consciousness "God," then okay, but I dislike the associations with the term and do not call it God. The Hindu concept of Brahman(the single consciousness) and Atman(the divided awareness) most accurately reflect my beliefs, if they must be compared to a formal religion.

If we are all one, then whatever we do to others, we are literally doing to ourselves as well. While this body is not aware of the feelings of goodwill that I give to others, or the feelings of pain that I cause, I am nonetheless experiencing them in the others' awareness. Karma does not accurately describe my belief here, as I do not expect the goodwill or suffering to be literally or mysteriously reciprocated back to my body and awareness. The Golden Rule is most closely related to this belief.

Delving into the ideas that I do not believe to be fact, but rather just a probability: I think that I/We/Brahman at some point probably made the conscious decision to alter awareness and reality into the form that it takes today. It is also possible that it happened by accident, or on a whim. It seems most likely that there was a reason. That reason could be that our current reality is ultimately preferable to the Brahman state, or that a future and longer-lasting/eternal reality that we are on our way to creating will be ultimately preferable to the Brahman state. The flip side, if our current reality or future reality is NOT preferable to the Brahman state, then we should destroy the universe ASAP. I prefer not to believe this latter possibility; the former seems more likely anyhow.

Like a theist, I do not believe that any Supreme Architect (or us in the Brahman-state) is currently interfering with reality. The only influence We have is in our human/animal/Atman-state. Unlike a theist, I dismiss the idea of any Supreme Being. Brahman is not supreme, it is Us in our most primal state.

So, I voted "Other," although I still fancy the term agnostic, because I haven't and probably never will figure it all out.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

#30 Posted : 3/1/2010 10:16:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Evening Glory wrote:
- We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

That is my belief. I feel no further explanation or labeling is needed.

Exactly.

Highly intelligent & coordinated images of light (aka energetic vibrations) slowed and condensed to appear solid to our bio-computer that we call the brain.

Nothing is solid. At the fundamental level it's energy. And we are that very thing. Whirling clouds of energy. Always in a constant flux. The cycles infinite. The utmost intricacy & yet the most beautiful thing one can ever realize.

WE are so much more.. This cannot be quanititatively analyzed or put into a term or set of terms. For IT encompasses all that and more, and yet nothing.

Paradoxial indeed Aegle~

Kartikay
#31 Posted : 3/1/2010 10:38:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kartikay wrote:
Delving into the ideas that I do not believe to be fact, but rather just a probability: I think that I/We/Brahman at some point probably made the conscious decision to alter awareness and reality into the form that it takes today...

...The only influence We have is in our human/animal/Atman-state.

and immediately after writing this, I read a chapter in Heretics of Dune that ends in: "Just as the universe is created by the participation of consciousness, the prescient human carries that creative faculty to its ultimate extreme."
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

jamie
#32 Posted : 3/2/2010 1:45:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

i am part of the eco-net
Long live the unwoke.

Aegle
#33 Posted : 3/5/2010 7:48:10 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

DMTtripn2Space wrote:
Paradoxial indeed Aegle~

DMTtripn2Space

:b

Much Peace and Sunshine
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

rOm
#34 Posted : 3/5/2010 12:58:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Paganism ?
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

burnt
#35 Posted : 3/5/2010 10:07:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I have no spiritual beliefs and I don't believe in anything that is called "supernatural". I embrace, as well as fear, and am in awe as well as reverence of the unknown. But I would never equate the unknown with a totalitarian dictator of the universe (god) or spirits or ghosts or whatever else people have come up with to explain things they don't understand.

ohayoco
#36 Posted : 3/6/2010 2:32:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm a sort of atheist but with a suspicion that everything is all one big thing really that someone might want to call 'god', so I voted other. Although I'm undecided because I think it's foolish to believe anything without proof.

So I'm open minded... and I don't really care if there's a god or not, I just don't want to die. I hope for an afterlife of some sort, although I have to admit to feeling pessimistic about that happening, I wish the physicists would hurry up and work it all out.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

VisualDistortion
#37 Posted : 3/6/2010 2:35:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think I am an existential nihilist. That is what I really lean towards, but I maintain an open mind and may spirituality can be swayed with a strong journey.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

ohayoco
#38 Posted : 3/6/2010 2:58:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes existentialism is important to me too, I love it... but not nihilism.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

jamie
#39 Posted : 3/6/2010 3:15:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

classical existentialits argue that existance preceeds essense..too linear and dualistic to me..i dont think you can seperate the 2 like that..

So I made up my own definition of a diff word 3 years agoVery happy exist-endialism..to exist-extend..thats what things do..they exist in one state..then coelesque with other things, comming together to form something on a new level, greater than the sum of of its parts..

Spirit runs through all..hyperdimensional techno animist here.
Long live the unwoke.

azrael
#40 Posted : 3/7/2010 7:54:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Deities: I believe there's always somebody with a bigger stick.

Agnostic fits me on my best days. It's like having tea with the universe: my cup is empty and ready for more to sip on, I would not want to reject the tea because I thought I knew better already. Maybe I'm just ignant Laughing

That being said, I am feeling pretty good about overlapping dimensions giving rise to the reality we perceive each day. Consciousness is shared, this I feel strongly as well.

ACTG wrote:
a fun thing i like to think about is how ridiculous mathematics is! quantizing everything? when everything is just the same but pushed apart in their own little complex ways. it seems superficial at times.

Lol, I feel you on that. After experiencing the hyperreal, a lot seems like just we're just scratching the surface.

Wishy-washy: The canvas is blank until we draw the first line, and then the next. Math is the method for drawing these lines that can give rise to the most practicality.

Suggestions: The search for truth by way of rigorous deduction (writing a proof) is an incredibly valuable tool, as you seem like a person of logic I think you would find it both fascinating and useful. Math has more to offer than quantizing; topology and group theory are currently captivating my being.

As far as "things" "here in this place", math and music, imo, "do" the best with "everything" Very happy

PREV1234NEXT»