We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Silene Capensis - Xhosa Dream Herb Options

Jorkest
#21 Posted : 10/5/2008 4:08:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

ive had a stash of it for awhile...perhaps ill give it a go and see what happens
it's a sound

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

modsquad09
#22 Posted : 10/5/2008 4:56:53 PM

mods

me too i tryed it once in a tea before bed nothing really happened..

anyone ever tried it? whats the best method?
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

The Traveler
#23 Posted : 10/5/2008 6:40:28 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

modsquad09 wrote:
me too i tryed it once in a tea before bed nothing really happened..

anyone ever tried it? whats the best method?

You should take it in the morning just after you wake up. It takes the whole day to get into your system.
Make a tea out of 250mg by letting it soak in hot water for about half an hour, then drink it.

If you take this tea several days after eachother it gets better and better.

The Traveler
#24 Posted : 1/8/2009 1:06:18 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I totally lost track of this thread, sorry about that.

Until this day I'm not sure if SC really is a MAOI, it's just a theory and there could be other explanations. If SC really is a MAOI then I'm not sure what type and how long it really lasts. I remember that my blood pressure was pretty high for weeks. On the other hand I never tested my blood pressure at that time so my theory wasn't that scientific, please keep that in mind.

Now who want's to volunteer for some real testing? Pleased

Maybe in time I'll do some testing, I still have more then enough SC laying around.

Phlux-
#25 Posted : 1/8/2009 3:20:58 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

okay i have gathered this plant wild in its natural habitat, tried it and read alot on it.
The correct prep is to chop or grind it up, mix it with cold water and froth it up with a wooden spoon - by spinning the spoon. drink the foam and put it in the fridge.
repeat for 5-7 days - if your solution stops foaming make a new one - Dreams start to become effected after day 3 - oh yeah u must drink the foam in the morning - every morning when u wake up.
it is often referred to as ubulawu umhlope directly translated to white paths or white ways, often the dreams have a lot of bright white or light in them.
there are other plants that are used for this purpose too, but i dont know much about them other than the fact that they prepared in the same way. here are some pix i took of a poster in the plants natural range just recently.

Note the plant in the pic is not silene capensis -

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Aegle
#26 Posted : 1/8/2009 3:24:19 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Yip that's what i thought, about the actual correct usage of this plant Smile
Thank you for clearing things up Phlux.

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

lorax
#27 Posted : 1/8/2009 5:08:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

uhm.. anyone ever tried this MAOi together with DMT? this would be interesting for those late night smokers who go to sleep after their breakthrough...
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

ChemEng
#28 Posted : 2/24/2009 7:52:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm also wondering about the possible MAOI properties of silene capensis. I received some very cheap silene capensis root from loveleaf garden (1 ounce for $10!). SWIM will experiment with different amounts and see if it has any effect on DMT duration.

I took 250 mg silene capensis a few days ago and I'm definitely noticing a difference in dreams. I was on the cusp of a lucid dream last night - I was dreaming that gravity was very low and I could jump very high distances with minimal effort. This is one of my "dream signs" that can cue me into the fact that I'm dreaming, and thus become fully aware that I'm in the dream state. The feeling of exhilaration upon entering lucidity is amazing (but don't get too excited or you might wake up!) Hopefully I can attain a lucid dream tonight.

rawmo
#29 Posted : 10/16/2009 12:04:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Following Lorax's idea has anyone tried a regime of Silene Capensis to see if it can work as a DMT experience potentiator/enhancer?

i.e. we already know that RIMA's in rue/Caapi will work to extend the half life of a DMT experience.

so. . . .

If Silene Capensis also seems to act on dreams [and then potentially the DMT associated 5HT-2A associated pathways] could Silene perhaps be used to help focus/ 'control' the DMT experience to a greater level, like it seems to for dreams?. [or provide a new avenue of experience to investigate]

RIMA's from Rue/Caapi from my basic research / experience don't seem to enhance lucid dreaming experiences, so perhaps a combo of both could be an interesting experiment to provide an extra level of practical/actual 'control' to the experience of 5HT-2A associated chemicals like DMT [or dreams].

i.e. 2-3 days Silene in the morning before DMT dosage [and rate lucid dreaming levels] and compare the difference no silene for 2-3 days and then DMT.

Anyone got some Silene they want to do a test with?

Calaquendi
#30 Posted : 10/26/2009 8:48:55 PM

Cosmic Elf

Hello - thank you for a very informative thread, I have been waiting for some Silene capensis to arrive in the mail, and today it came. Looks like I'm bumping an old thread here, but it came up when I googled 'silene capensis preparation' and it's just about the most thorough info I've come across, exactly what I was looking for!

Of immense interest to me is whether or not SC is an MAOI...from what I have read here it seems possible. I am interested in sleep-states and lucid dreaming, although I have never had a 'genuine' lucid dream as I understand them.
I know it's postulated that DMT is released during sleep, and if this is the case, it would seem to correlate with REM's - during some of SWIM's deeper DMT trances, his eyes rolled back and forth involuntarily (nystigmus) and this was so fascinating that it was apparent that there may indeed be a strong relationship to dreaming and DMT release...

According to Jonathan Ott, ALL tryptamines are MAOI's to varying degrees (http://www.erowid.org/general/conferences/conferences_ayahuasca1.shtml) but typically in insufficient amounts to augment 'themselves' if you will...I found this revelation surprising.

Having taken iboga recently for addiction interruption, some of the somatic effects from the medicine piqued my curiosity as to whether or not T.iboga was an MAOI...and I would say from experiences with various entheogens, that it certainly is, though not as effective an MAOI as, say, B.caapi or Syrian rue.

Has anyone experienced SC in conjunction with Rue or other MAOI? Is anyone familiar with the safety of such a combination?

I realize in proofreading this that I've engaged a few topics at once, but it's all part of a larger picture I'm trying to encompass...any responses appreciated. Thanks again for the great thread! Wink
Total and utter cosmic stuff

Ginkgo
#31 Posted : 10/26/2009 11:51:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have two Silene capensis growing in my window, they are quite beautiful plants with lovely flowers. All parts of the plant can be used, not only (as the name suggest) the roots. I just take 2-4 leaves of the plants and eat them right there, I see no reason to prepare them any more. They do not taste bad either. This dosage, taken in the morning, gives me great, visionary dreams. I have also had quite a large number of lucid dreams. Actually, it does also work to take the plant close before bed time, but not nearly as good as if it is taken in the morning.

rawmo
#32 Posted : 10/27/2009 9:26:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
I have two Silene capensis growing in my window, they are quite beautiful plants with lovely flowers. All parts of the plant can be used, not only (as the name suggest) the roots. I just take 2-4 leaves of the plants and eat them right there, I see no reason to prepare them any more. They do not taste bad either. This dosage, taken in the morning, gives me great, visionary dreams. I have also had quite a large number of lucid dreams. Actually, it does also work to take the plant close before bed time, but not nearly as good as if it is taken in the morning.

So basically to confirm -

instead of making tea you could just chuck back some in e.g. a filter paper with a glass of water?

that way you'd guarantee 100% of the alkaloids got into your system [although I'd imagine a good wack would come out in tea, might as well get em all]

p.s. thanks for the heads up info re being able to eat any part of the plant for the dream effect.
Saves killing them [or waiting] : )

soulman
#33 Posted : 10/27/2009 1:13:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To any silene experts.....how long do you have to leave it before you eat something? I have read that you drink it in the morning and then when you feel hungry its safe to eat something. Well what if you are already hungry? How long can you leave it before you eat?
You have to go within or you go without

Ginkgo
#34 Posted : 10/27/2009 2:53:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rawmo wrote:
So basically to confirm -

instead of making tea you could just chuck back some in e.g. a filter paper with a glass of water?

You could do that with the same effects as a tea, yes, but I just eat fresh leaves picked from the plants like 30 seconds before.

soulman wrote:
To any silene experts.....how long do you have to leave it before you eat something? I have read that you drink it in the morning and then when you feel hungry its safe to eat something. Well what if you are already hungry? How long can you leave it before you eat?

I will not consider myself an S. capensis expert, but to my knowledge it is not that important when you eat afterwards. Of course a meal right after consuming the herb will make more of the herb pass through your digestive system, just as with every other herb, drug or food. I think it is wise to wait for like an hour just to be safe you get the maximum out of it, however, I have not noticed any decrease in effects even when I have eaten food close after I consumed the herb.

ohayoco
#35 Posted : 5/19/2010 10:20:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So what were all your conclusions on the plant? Success, underwhelmed? I'm having a go. This person sounds knowledgeable... it says not to eat meat, Trav.

http://www.thebotanicalsource.com/undlela-ziimhlophe-silene-capensis-p-53.html wrote:
Easy preparation methods :

Chew and eat 50mg or more of root before bedtime. This can be done daily. (One bio-assayist reported that the effects become especially enhanced after doing this for 2weeks.)

Success has also been experienced by making tea with the roots.
(And if you eat meat then it's best to stop eating meat for a few days prior to working with any of the Ubulawu herbs).

Effects :

One's dreams will be exceptionally colorful, and will be remembered upon awakening. (Ubulawu is traditionally used to have educational and prophetic dreams, and to communicate with one's ancestors.)

Traditional preparation :

It is the root that is used to prepare the sacred medicine called ubulawu.
A small piece of the root is placed into a container of water and then stirred rapidly with a stick. This causes the water to foam or froth up - caused by saponins in the plant matter. (Saponins are a highly bioactive group of molecules. Anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antibiotic and immuno-regulating effects have been ascribed to saponins.) Because of this foaming action, these medicines are also sometimes referred to as `bubbling medicine'.
`Undlela ziimhlophe' makes strong and stable bubbles, hence it is considered by some sangomas (traditional healers) to be one of the best ubulawu plants.

The traditional ritual lasts for three days and a description of the process follows :
The root is mashed into a powder before being stirred into a container of water. Foam will form, and the foam is then eaten. Each time you require more you stir some more; this should be done while kneeling. The ritual lasts for three days and the bubbles must not totally disappear during this time, hence there is a regular stirring, even right through the night.Limiting the intake of protein during this time will enhance the process. On the 3rd day the initiate pours the remains of the liquid over their naked body to cleanse their body; the initiate is now both internally and externally clean and their senses are clean. Now what is going to be done, and who is going to be met? What will be offered to them, and what will be done with what is received? Will they be thanked?

After the ritual and the answers to one's questions have been found, protein can then be eaten which will stabilize the blood and have a grounding effect..

Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

rOm
#36 Posted : 5/19/2010 1:35:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ohayoco, it's been two month, DReamer is on a silene capensis diet.
And he must admit it is a success. Dreamer usually doesn't remember his dreams every day and he has full technicolor dreams he can speak about.
This plant is surely great for dream work. Highly recommend.

Dreamer will finish his batch in a week or two. He noticed now some days he's travelling without taking it for two to four days in the row, it doesn't seem to affect the SC work. it is said to make lifelong change if one use it for a three month cure.
Smoking canabis regularly break down the effect. This is rather uncompatible.

Apart from that dreammer found this SC going very well with every ethnobotanical he could have taken during the cure. No adverse effect have been reported.

Good luck with bioessays.
Dreamer would say that this is a very easy going but rather highly benefitial ethnobotanical.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

ohayoco
#37 Posted : 5/19/2010 4:15:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Rom! How is Dreamer taking it? Any lucid dreams? I chewed and swallowed my first .3g last night, actually I was surprised to feel calming and slightly 'mystical' effects immediately upon chewing, but I've got big bags under my eyes today, really tired... anyone else had poor quality sleep from it? But feel more calm than usual, when usually tiredness makes me anxious and less happy. Chewed my second .3g this morning. And I woke up during a dream last night, which hardly ever happens to me, so that's promising.

Any luck with the frothing technique? I figure traditional way is always best... I remember how when people ignored the traditional way with kava kava, some extract users got liver problems because they were using the whole plant rather than just root.

What kind of lifelong change is it meant to produce?
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Trickster
#38 Posted : 5/19/2010 4:49:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I wonder if anybody tried making changa with SC.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

rOm
#39 Posted : 5/19/2010 9:47:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dreamer is taking a teaspoon or half a teaspoon in a glass of temperate water first thing in the morning, first day he took 4 grams in water, second day 2 grams, third day one gram, so now he's taking between 0.5 and 1g.

Any lucid dreams?
Humm, Dreamer had some lucid dream when he awoke in a middle of one and come back to it, but he's not working a lot on lucid dream.
anyone else had poor quality sleep from it? Sleep quality is good to dreamer, but some other didn't had a good sleep. Maybe the man need a few days to readjust his sleep pattern.

Any luck with the frothing technique? Nope, nevr tried it. I figure traditional way is always best...

The lifelong change it can produce afetr three month of cure is that the effect you will have will stay constant (vivid dreams and dream remembrance which is a true gift!).

All the best with your bioessays !

rOm
#40 Posted : 5/19/2010 9:48:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trickster wrote:
I wonder if anybody tried making changa with SC.

I read somewhere someone's recipe...

PREV1234NEXT