We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Would a Davinci IQ 2 dry vape work for spice? Options

DesertWasabi
#1 Posted : 4/27/2022 3:31:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm planning my first DMT intake and was wondering if I could use my Davinci iq2 dry vape for this (this thing costed me almost 300USD, so im really wary about buying an extra one for dmt specifically :/). Checked all the threads related to vapes and haven't found any mention about it.

https://www.davincivaporizer.com/iq2-vaporizer/
Temps range 38-222c

The interior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pveICwFvhdY video on how it works

Ceramic dosage pod that can be placed into the main chamber. Used for microdosing and concentrates smoking with some cotton pads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mhNoicOm6g video on how that thing is used (never tried lol)

Was thinking on maybe using the included ceramic pod and place some foil inside, or wrap it up in it (maybe adding some cotton pads for that too?), high enough to avoid spilling of spice when boiling. Or just directly place the foil in the chamber..
Did anyone tried this?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 4/27/2022 8:04:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I think that'll work. It says it can get up to 390f, so more than enough to vape the spice efficiently.

And it may be worth trying to fit some screens around the inside of the cup that holds the spice to still allow airflow (what I assume those holes are for) and prevent spice spillage.

Best of luck.

One love

P.S. If you want a dry vape and save 6x the cost of the iq2, the Divine Tribe v4 crucible fits on almost any mod and is highly effective imo. It's about $50.00.
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

DesertWasabi
#3 Posted : 4/27/2022 8:45:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply. The thing is that I already own this one, the least thing I wanted was to spend more money after having invested so much! Laughing

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 4/27/2022 10:41:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

If you were to buy the setup I use (Divine Tribe V4 crucible on a Aegis Legend) would cost you around $120.00. Batteries not included Very happy

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

fathomlessness
#5 Posted : 5/10/2022 3:32:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is a conduction vape. It will work but better to use a convection vape. If you want electronic and portable, get a splinter v2 or stempod si (it attaches to any e-cig boxmod). Otherwise vaporgenie for butane torch.

DesertWasabi
#6 Posted : 5/23/2022 5:05:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
I think that'll work. It says it can get up to 390f, so more than enough to vape the spice efficiently.

And it may be worth trying to fit some screens around the inside of the cup that holds the spice to still allow airflow (what I assume those holes are for) and prevent spice spillage.

Best of luck.

One love

P.S. If you want a dry vape and save 6x the cost of the iq2, the Divine Tribe v4 crucible fits on almost any mod and is highly effective imo. It's about $50.00.

So I tried it Big grin Actually worked with no burnt spice, no bad flavor and no issues for the lungs Very happy, but yeah, it definitely spilled some of the stuff.

Tried 20mg and got around 5min of intense visuals and dancing triangle hatted things with 2 hits (need some tuning with the temperature and the air inflow rate, so I'll need to work on the technique). I didn't had any metal screens for the dosing pod, so I just used some baking paper (was the most food grade heat resistant thing I had available lol) to block the lower holes and let some airflow from the top ones.

Do you have any screens that you could recommend?

Also, did it with a friend and he also wishes to get a setupBig grin . Would you recommend the Divine+Aegis or the GVG? Since both options cost around the same, but I don't know which would be more effective as to tell him to get.