We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
My e-cig ROA experiences with DMT Options

ildruido
#21 Posted : 5/19/2022 9:30:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Sofa Traveler wrote:
my sweet spot ratio is : 1g DMT/3,5ml of 50/50 mixed PG/VG.

here again with other questions :-)
1) what is your procedure to melt the dmt in the the pg/vg? do you just put the spice in it and stir? or you add heat?
2) in your opinion/experience this setup would work if you want obtain a THC vape juice as well, using a cannabis concentrate like wax?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The Sofa Traveler
#22 Posted : 5/19/2022 10:08:51 AM

Give me a snake otherwise I'll smash a crocodile

Hi Smile

ildruido wrote:
1) what is your procedure to melt the dmt in the the pg/vg? do you just put the spice in it and stir? or you add heat?

Yes that's it, stiring + light heating. No need to heat too much, around 50°/60° is hot enough to help dissolve. For example, in winter I place the container on refractory stones and let it melt gently, stirring regularly. The rest of the time, I usually put the container in hot (not boiling) water + stiring.

ildruido wrote:
2) in your opinion/experience this setup would work if you want obtain a THC vape juice as well, using a cannabis concentrate like wax?

Well, I already tried this, and the result was very average. THC wax doesn't dissolve well, contrary to freebased DMT. It stays mostly oily. It is more or less aerosolizable but it totally ruins the clearomizer, you'll have to boil it long time before it gets clean again (luckily, I have a dedicated clearomizer for this kind of experimentations, so I didn't ruin my spice dedicated clearomizer Smile ). It also thickened very much my 50/50 PG/VG base, maybe 100% PG would have been better. Anyway, for this aim, I think (freebase) cannabinoïds would be more suitable. Or just use a wax dedicated material like classical wax pens Smile
Humanity has invented gods, the reverse remains to be proven.

ildruido
#23 Posted : 5/20/2022 6:47:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Sofa Traveler wrote:
Hi Smile

Hello mate, so I have tested your exact setup on my own.

As premise I would like to specify that my goal is using this setup for vaporhuasca (so with MAOI) as the last time I tried to inhale dmt with a wax pen and maoi it was too much strong and I did not enjoied the trip at all.

1) I had only 235mg of DMT to test and after doing the math I put 0,80ml of vg/pg and try to stir; my first impression was that the liquid was way too short to melt the dmt so I have decided to add another 0,60ml of liquid
2) before testing with maoi I wanted to check the potency of the thing, so I have tried to do a few vape just a few minute ago: not strong as pure freebase but still too strong to take with maoi. I pressed the button only for 3 seconds and it erogated quite a bit of spice.
I have setted the device as your advice: 22//21/20/19/17; any advice to reduce the flow of the vapor?
3) strange thing: my lips are like 'burned' I don-t think because the heat, is something that happened to you as well?
4) another consideration: with this e-liquid method you don-t really know how much dmt you are inhaling, are you not concerned that you could inhale too much of it?

The Sofa Traveler
#24 Posted : 5/21/2022 5:30:33 PM

Hello Smile

ildruido wrote:
As premise I would like to specify that my goal is using this setup for vaporhuasca (so with MAOI) as the last time I tried to inhale dmt with a wax pen and maoi it was too much strong and I did not enjoied the trip at all.

Consuming DMT with MAOI is the aim of my setup, that's exactly what I do (syrian rue tea + aerosolized DMT)

ildruido wrote:
1) I had only 235mg of DMT to test and after doing the math I put 0,80ml of vg/pg and try to stir; my first impression was that the liquid was way too short to melt the dmt so I have decided to add another 0,60ml of liquid

Strange, 1g/5.95ml is quite weak concentration. I do 1g/3.5ml and I have no melting issues with this.

ildruido wrote:
2) before testing with maoi I wanted to check the potency of the thing, so I have tried to do a few vape just a few minute ago: not strong as pure freebase but still too strong to take with maoi. I pressed the button only for 3 seconds and it erogated quite a bit of spice.

I'm surprised that you feel a 3 seconds puff with 1g/5.95ml is too strong. I'm usually more in 5 to 10 seconds puffs. Anyway, "too strong" is not really a problem, just modulate the way you inhale. Are you using 0.3 ohms coils or 0.5 ?

ildruido wrote:
I have setted the device as your advice: 22//21/20/19/17; any advice to reduce the flow of the vapor?

I'm not sure to understand well this question. Anyway, 2 ways to modulate the airflow : 1)the way you inhale ; 2)settle the airflow ring at the top of the clearomizer. Remark in passing : I slightly changed the 4th parameter, 19 -> 17.

ildruido wrote:
3) strange thing: my lips are like 'burned' I don-t think because the heat, is something that happened to you as well?

Nope, never faced this kind of problem. Maybe it is related to the DMT extraction quality ? Dunno... Maybe try another driptip.

ildruido wrote:
4) another consideration: with this e-liquid method you don-t really know how much dmt you are inhaling, are you not concerned that you could inhale too much of it?

Not being as precise as a weighed spice is maybe the weak point of this ROA but I rarely had accidental overdosing, and it seems unlikely to me with the low concentration that you use. I'm sure that with a bit of practice you'll find your sweet spots.

ildruido
#25 Posted : 6/10/2022 7:05:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey man, did you ever considered putting the maoi IN the liquid itself, as well as the DMT?? It could be considered a 'liquid changa' :-)

The Sofa Traveler
#26 Posted : 6/11/2022 9:31:28 AM

ildruido wrote:
Hey man, did you ever considered putting the maoi IN the liquid itself, as well as the DMT?? It could be considered a 'liquid changa' :-)

Not really, from what I read here harmalas doesn't dissolve and aerosolize as well as freebase DMT does, so putting them next to DMT in the same juice seems quite hazardous. Possibly I could put harmalas FB in another clearo but if I do so I'll have to deal with 2 clearos (even 2 mods). Anyway the harmalas e-juice results seem moderately convincing to me for the moment. If I intent to inhaled harmalas I would stick to the smoking ROA. That said I'm happy with harmalas tea and aerosolizing DMT above the 5/6 hours harmalas background it provides, the effects are also like a kind of changa except that the harmalas are ingested. We could call that Mixed ROA e-changa =)

ildruido
#27 Posted : 6/16/2022 2:37:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So after a few attempts I found my sweet spot: eventually my initial dmt/liquid ratio was too week so I decided to add new substance ; about the heat settings, I still feel your VPC settings too hot for my lungs and I prefer use TC mode at 12 watts. I must say that I m not 100% sure about the coil: I have bought the 0.3 but I use the one that was already in the box with the Geekvape because it looked the same to me but I need to check this.

The experiences are very differents and much less overwhelming, I have a question about your experience: did you have, with this method, had a breackthrough similar with the freebase only (longer I guess) or you just enjoy the friendly effects of small doses for a couple of hours?

The Sofa Traveler
#28 Posted : 6/17/2022 9:21:22 AM

Hi there !

ildruido wrote:
I still feel your VPC settings too hot for my lungs and I prefer use TC mode at 12 watts. I must say that I m not 100% sure about the coil: I have bought the 0.3 but I use the one that was already in the box with the Geekvape because it looked the same to me but I need to check this.

For the settings I mentionned to be efficient and adequate you have to use strictly the same material, they are not suitable for the supplied standard coils. Those supplied standard coils are not either suitable for TC mode, so it seems you aerosolized at more or less random temperature - and probably too low wattage anyway - since the temperature cannot be calculated properly if the correct/suitable coils are not used. Check your coil first, you have to be 100% sure they are the SS316 0.3ohms (it is written in small on the coil). My settings are only suitable for the Veco Tank clearomizer + SS316 0.3ohms coils, I can't help if you use something else. Also, avoid to add random spice quantites to the juice, too much spice in the PG/VG could lead to vaping issues. Cheerz Pleased

ildruido
#29 Posted : 6/17/2022 4:49:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks again mate for you kind explanations !

Loveall
#30 Posted : 6/17/2022 5:09:11 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

To add to what DFZ said, DMT salts do not clog the filter. At t=0 it may be due to my poor ability to handle/purify free base (while DMT salts are easy to separate with high purity), not sure. Over time (t >= a month) free base in e-juice changes (color darkens and DFZ mentions), effects diminish, and clogging seems worse. Not so with salts which have been time stable for me.

Just my experience.

The Sofa Traveler, have you ever noticed any changes to the FB e-juice over time?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

ildruido
#31 Posted : 6/27/2022 6:24:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Sofa Traveler wrote:

For the settings I mentionned to be efficient and adequate you have to use strictly the same material, they are not suitable for the supplied standard coils.

So for my second batch of liquid I checked the coil and... it was 0.5 so you were right I put the wrong coil in it... shame on me Sad
This time I used your pg/vp-DMT ratio (1g-->3.5ml) as well. the vapor is much more smooth; about the potency it seems alright I did a quick test without MAOI and one puff get me only a robust highness (very nice), I think that it will be ok for taking it with MAOI.
So I can testify that this setup is very effective!
Thanks again for your precious informations mate! Cool Cool

The Sofa Traveler
#32 Posted : 7/4/2022 3:39:48 PM

ildruido wrote:
Thanks again for your precious informations mate!

Cool, pleased you had some good results. For those settings to be a bit more potent, you could do more concentrated juice, for example 1g/3ml or even going under 3ml per gram. If you plan to concentrate the spice gram in less than 3ml PG/VG, go gradually. Keep in mind that 1g/2ml tends to saturate the PG/VG, resulting in poor aerosolization. 1g/2,8ml could be a good deal for stronger effects without affecting the quality of the aerosolization in the time or clogging the coil.

Loveall wrote:
The Sofa Traveler, have you ever noticed any changes to the FB e-juice over time?

When properly aerosolized (adequate power/temp. & adequate juice concentration) it doesn't occur in what I experienced. My theory about darkening juices is that it comes from burned DMT which builds up around the coil and then eventually dissolves in the remaining juice, fading the color to brown. Otherwise, the ready-to-use juice that I store in a small container (away from light) tends to take on a slightly more yellowish tint over the weeks without having the feeling that the juice is less or differently potent. Same can happen with the juice remaining in the clearo but as far as I am concerned I now avoid filling the clearo completely, I only reload with the quantity needed for a session. In summary : juice fading to brown/dark = burnt particles dissolved in the juice = strange & diminished effects ; juice becoming a bit more yellowish = (I guess) oxidation = I did not notice remarkable changes in effects and potency.
Cheerz Pleased

ildruido
#33 Posted : 7/20/2022 1:44:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Sofa Traveler wrote:

Loveall wrote:

When properly aerosolized (adequate power/temp. & adequate juice concentration) it doesn't occur in what I experienced. My theory about darkening juices is that it comes from burned DMT which builds up around the coil and then eventually dissolves in the remaining juice, fading the color to brown. Otherwise, the ready-to-use juice that I store in a small container (away from light) tends to take on a slightly more yellowish tint over the weeks without having the feeling that the juice is less or differently potent. Same can happen with the juice remaining in the clearo but as far as I am concerned I now avoid filling the clearo completely, I only reload with the quantity needed for a session. In summary : juice fading to brown/dark = burnt particles dissolved in the juice = strange & diminished effects ; juice becoming a bit more yellowish = (I guess) oxidation = I did not notice remarkable changes in effects and potency.
Cheerz Pleased

I have noticed as well a sort of change in the color (darker) and in particular on the taste after a few sessions; I agree that could be burned spice, because it occurred once that I have inhaled too slowly and I felt the taste of burned spice.

So now I have 1/2 tank with this unpleasant liquid, I wonder if is better get rid of it or mix with other fresh liquid that I have in another container. The burned spice is in any way toxic other than unpleasant?

Loveall
#34 Posted : 7/20/2022 2:07:19 PM

❤️‍🔥

I've seen freebase change to darker color over a few weeks in ejuice without it being used. DMT salt (e.g. citrate) does not seem to have this issue when stored in ejuice. However, vaping dmt salts is "newish" amd health risks are unknown (citric acid can break down at vaping temps). I can say that I use dmt citrate in e-juices without issues personally.

Nicotine salts in ejuice have been around for years without major issues. However the dose and solubility required is an order of magnitude lower vs dmt salts.

ildruido
#35 Posted : 9/1/2022 4:29:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

UPDATE

I have noticed that after a few weeks the DMT tend to stick to the cotton of the coil and it burn a bit when you inhale; what I do, I soak only the tank (except the airflow) in mildly hot water for a while before every session and it works like a charm every time Very happy

Loveall
#36 Posted : 9/1/2022 5:45:56 PM

❤️‍🔥

ildruido wrote:
UPDATE

I have noticed that after a few weeks the DMT tend to stick to the cotton of the coil and it burn a bit when you inhale; what I do, I soak only the tank (except the airflow) in mildly hot water for a while before every session and it works like a charm every time Very happy

I assume you are using free base? I had a issues with free base that sound like this (if I left the free base sit around). I also had changing color and flavor, and less effective hits. With dmt salts, no susch issues.

ildruido
#37 Posted : 9/1/2022 8:23:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
ildruido wrote:
UPDATE

I assume you are using free base? I had a issues with free base that sound like this (if I left the free base sit around). I also had changing color and flavor, and less effective hits. With dmt salts, no susch issues.

interesting, do u use the salt in the ecig liquid as well?

Loveall
#38 Posted : 9/1/2022 8:39:35 PM

❤️‍🔥

I use DMT citrate in PG/GV now a days. Never going back to FB because of it changing over time on top of the numbing harsh alkalinity.

ildruido
#39 Posted : 9/1/2022 11:25:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
I use DMT citrate in PG/GV now a days. Never going back to FB because of it changing over time on top of the numbing harsh alkalinity.

cool! cold you share more details? how do u obtain the citrate and what is you favorite ratio dmdRazzg, etc

Loveall
#40 Posted : 9/1/2022 11:46:02 PM

❤️‍🔥

ildruido wrote:
Loveall wrote:

cool! cold you share more details? how do u obtain the citrate and what is you favorite ratio dmdRazzg, etc

Details here friend

PREV123NEXT