We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Using an oil rig w/ bucket to "dab" spice? Options

Th3k1d93
#1 Posted : 4/22/2022 7:10:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys. So i've only used an oil rig + titanium nail once in the past to "dab" DMT. Every other time I've used it it's been a Vapor Genie, a bubble, oral, or rectal dosing (seriously worth trying for those non-fussed about the process).

Last night, I went out and bought a little rig with a bucket setup specifically for DMT. My biggest question is about the heat I'd use. Considering it's a quartz bucket rather than a nail this time, it's a bit harder to "see" the heat it's putting off. I have two thoughts on use. First option - cold starts. Where I add the spice to a cold bucket, then slowly heat until vapor is formed, and inhale while occasionally touching up heat to keep it constant. Second option, torch it until it barely glows, wait for it to visibly lose it's glow, then pour in the spice like a carefully done normal dab.

Or am I being way too careful, and can I just torch the bucket like a decent dab, and rip it from there with no issues?

TIA!
Without growth, what's the point?

Avid gardener and Ethnobotany enthusiast

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

birdsarenotreal
#2 Posted : 4/22/2022 9:14:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Last time we tried this, the nail was so hot, the DMT vaporized before entering the chamber but its a highly effective means of consumption.

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 4/22/2022 9:26:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I don't even try to dab spice anymore. Too many variables. You can try cold starting, but it may not all vaporize. If you heat it really hot and go for it, you'll likely burn and deactivate at least part of the dose.

You're probably going to have to either try an enail made for quartz bangers, or trial and error. A temp gun wouldn't hurt.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

RoundAbout
#4 Posted : 4/22/2022 10:27:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's a sweet spot, but I wouldn't recommend dabbing if a friend asked me.

I let the banger equilibrate with the heat source (i.e. I let it sit above the flame for a few minutes). I use a tealight candle at a particular distance. Don't get DMT on the sides of the banger. I never take two hits.

I have a really small rig dedicated to DMT with terp pearls and a vortex carb cap. Not important though.

dascactus
#5 Posted : 4/23/2022 10:11:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

heat then wait 10-15 sec's before dabbing it or preferably get an e-nail which works very well. . maybe strap the dab rig down to a surface if you get an e-nail so you don't have a potential fire if you're alone.

I've done dabs where I had to hand the rig off to someone fast as I was gone in seconds Laughing ... very efficient in getting a lot in quickly.

Brennendes Wasser
#6 Posted : 4/28/2022 10:39:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

This is exactly what you would need to a really easy DMT dabbing station, no overheat possible.

I can say it works better than any electronic device (because of terp balls).

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 4/28/2022 10:49:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
This is exactly what you would need to a really easy DMT dabbing station, no overheat possible.

I can say it works better than any electronic device (because of terp balls).

This bold claim makes me want to try dabbing again, because my setup of an Aegis Solo with the Divine Tribe V4 crucible has been pretty effective. Thanks for sharing BW.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽