We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
list of related species of malpighiaceae genus used in ayahuasca . Options

javat
#1 Posted : 4/16/2022 10:43:41 PM

ufa yage chiga ña

Hello , i am giovanni from south america , im interested in the used of other species of malpighiaceae plants in the yage , some species are used in the yage by the kofan , siona , kamsa in colombia , so some natives are talking with me of some species that they used in the yage rituals as aditive or analogues in the yage ritual , some times says that other species arent ised by modern structure of the cooking of yage and the secrets that they have for use these species so we start with some examples :
-heteropterys species : hamaline and terpenoids?
-tetrapterys species : so diverse in alks , some have dm7 and harmaline in both speces
-other banisteriopsis speces : some times i found banisteriopsis muricata , banisteriopsis paraguayensis , campestris , acapulsensis
-mascagnia species : some other are used in the yage as aditive or directly as imao like mascagnia arenicola , mascagnia glabra
-stygmaphillon species : there are some confusions with the used of these species that have no information of its compounds but in peru and in colombia some species are used like stygmaphillon sinuatum , stigmaphyllon bogotense , stygmaphillon vitrifolium
AYAHUASQUERO DE CORAZON

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 4/17/2022 8:47:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. I've never heard of those plants before. Do you also happen to know what the function of each of those plants in the brew is and how they are being used?

endlessness
#3 Posted : 4/17/2022 8:56:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge about these plants, we can definitely learn from the experience of people such as yourself!

Regarding Tetrapterys spp. , is there any solid evidence it has harmine/harmaline or DMT?

Sometimes it's hard to find one's way around poor citations in psychedelic literature. Here's a very interesting thread on this from some years ago.

I analysed a supposed Tetrapterys methystica ("grey ayahuasca¨ ) years back and it did NOT have neither tryptamines nor beta carbolines. I'm willing to run some analysis again if we can get some proper samples. Are you in the position to gather samples of these mentioned plants?

Muskogee Herbman
#4 Posted : 4/24/2022 1:54:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a Tetrapterys sp. I think discolor from Pucallpa Peru id be down to send some samples for. To my knowledge methystica like cabrerana is elusive.
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.