We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Reishi and other ‘magic’ mushrooms Options

woody
#1 Posted : 4/3/2022 4:43:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there Nexians,

Does anyone here have any experience of using powdered mushroom extracts? There’s a lot of claims out there about how beneficial they are for all sorts of ailments and immune boosting properties. From what I can tell though most claims are derived from studies on mice.

I have been drinking a brew of Lions Mane. Even if all the claims aren’t true it still contains good nutrition.

I have just started taking Reishi due to the claims it can help with allergies. I have tried every over the years and nothing has ever worked so reading about the anti Inflammatory properties this has I’m happy to trial it for a bit to see if it makes a difference.

Has anyone had any positive experiences with this or other mushroom extracts ?

Woody

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 4/3/2022 5:01:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

While it may be at least partially a result of the placebo effect, I've been taking mushroom supplements for the past several years, particularly lion's mane, cordyceps, and reishi. For the past month I've also been on a psilocybin microdose in conjuction with the alcohol tinctures from the previously mentioned mushrooms.

They seem to help with my mood and depression (though I still need help from other sources and activities, like DMT work, the gym, getting the best rest that I can, etc), helps fight fatigue, and I seem to get sick less often which may be a benefit from this mushroom complex. I have some hip issues from an injury several years ago and the inflammation seems to be managed better allowing me more work in the gym.

I have read that many of the supplements on the market are created from the substrate and mycelium that the mushroom fruits actually spawn from, but am not sure how accurate that claim is, nor am I well-informed about whether or not the substrate has a similar composition to the mushrooms to have indistinguishable effects.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

RhythmSpring
#3 Posted : 4/4/2022 7:19:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

woody wrote:
Hi there Nexians,

Does anyone here have any experience of using powdered mushroom extracts? There’s a lot of claims out there about how beneficial they are for all sorts of ailments and immune boosting properties. From what I can tell though most claims are derived from studies on mice.

I have been drinking a brew of Lions Mane. Even if all the claims aren’t true it still contains good nutrition.

I have just started taking Reishi due to the claims it can help with allergies. I have tried every over the years and nothing has ever worked so reading about the anti Inflammatory properties this has I’m happy to trial it for a bit to see if it makes a difference.

Has anyone had any positive experiences with this or other mushroom extracts ?

Woody

Hey Woody,
I've been using Reishi powder on and off for over a decade. It's had noticeable effects on a holistic and subtle level. Mainly in preventing colds. It helps support energy throughout the day, and has slight anti-inflammatory properties (many other herbs are much better at reducing inflammation than Reishi).

If you're looking for anti inflammatory, I would look at other herbs, like Cat's Claw, Alfalfa, and Psilocybe, which all in my experience reduce inflammation way more than Reishi.

Reishi is good for preventing colds, tonifying the liver, and supporting the prevention of cancer.

Turkey Tail is another powerful mushroom for very similar reasons.

From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

ijahdan
#4 Posted : 4/4/2022 9:13:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Also been taking reishi on and off for years. Take it when Im feeling a bit run down. Seems to work as Ive had a lot fewer colds since I discovered it. Was also adding lion's mane for the alledged neurogenisis effects, but didnt notice any obvious changes. Our local organic veggie seller occasionally has whole fresh lions mane, which look amazing and taste good too. Would try growing them myself if I had more space, along with oysters and shiitake.

Never seen whole cordyceps. They grow in the wild as a parasitic species, using a certain type of caterpillar as the host, eventually killing it and fruiting through the head. Think theyre quite rare, maybe endangered (?) hence the mycelium being grown commercially for medicinal use. I take it before martial arts training, as it's supposed to improve stamina. I definitely feel an improvement, but could be placebo.

The way I ingest these kinds of mushrooms is to blend a teaspoon of the shroom powder with a couple of spoons of cacao powder in some cold soy milk till it's a smooth paste, then add boiling water. Just like making ordinary cocoa. One could add sugar or honey but Ive built up a high tolerance to bitter tasting food and drinks over the years, sp don't feel the need to sweeten this mushroom cocoa.

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 4/5/2022 1:01:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've often found chaga in the wild and i'm growing lionsmane on sawdust. Lionsmane has very noticeable effects. I find the same applies to reishi. Definately stimulating and moodlifting.

Wolfnippletip
#6 Posted : 4/5/2022 4:38:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For the last few years my bulletproof coffee has been a combination of almond milk, coffee, cordyceps, lion's mane, reishi, chaga and turkey tail extracts. I buy the powders in bulk and premix them.

I first tried Lion's Mane after hearing Stamets speak highly of it on a podcast. Within a few days of taking it in the morning I noticed a clear-headedness and an increase in patience when dealing with clients at work. Later on added Cordyceps extract powder and in a week or so noticed an increase in testosterone level (not tested, but it was pretty obvious). My success with those two led me to check out the others. I haven't noticed any particular physical or mental improvements with the Chaga, Reishi or Turkey Tails.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

woody
#7 Posted : 4/5/2022 8:13:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it’s hard to say what effects they have as like Voidmatrix says there’s the placebo effect to consider. After drinking lions mane I also noticed a clearer head, felt like I had better focus at work. Since drinking the reishi I have noticed that I have been feeling less anxious about things that would normally bother me. Though again, to what extent this could be placebo effect who knows?

I’m going to continue with lions mane and reishi for now. If I don’t see any improvement in the allergy symptoms after a month I will probably stop reishi and go back to Turkey tail.

Ijahdan, I have now tried mixing the reishi with equal parts coca in oat milk and it is so much better!

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 4/5/2022 8:17:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

woody wrote:
I think it’s hard to say what effects they have as like Voidmatrix says there’s the placebo effect to consider. After drinking lions mane I also noticed a clearer head, felt like I had better focus at work. Since drinking the reishi I have noticed that I have been feeling less anxious about things that would normally bother me. Though again, to what extent this could be placebo effect who knows?

I’m going to continue with lions mane and reishi for now. If I don’t see any improvement in the allergy symptoms after a month I will probably stop reishi and go back to Turkey tail.

Ijahdan, I have now tried mixing the reishi with equal parts coca in oat milk and it is so much better!

I will say that I don't think the placebo effect is inherently bad. Sometimes the brain needs an impetus to create and effect Smile

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

RhythmSpring
#9 Posted : 4/6/2022 12:29:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You say placebo effect, I say being conscious of what the herb is going to do to you before you take it helps bring out its qualities.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 4/6/2022 1:39:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:
You say placebo effect, I say being conscious of what the herb is going to do to you before you take it helps bring out its qualities.

Laughing I agree as well. I think we were just trying to take as much as possible (that's pertinent) into account when considering our experiences with these supplements.

One love

woody
#11 Posted : 4/6/2022 7:54:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
woody wrote:

I will say that I don't think the placebo effect is inherently bad. Sometimes the brain needs an impetus to create and effect Smile

One love

I totally agree, it’s not inherently bad, especially with more obvious symptoms. But there are some supposed benefits which aren’t really observable in the short term at least, so it’s a case of just hoping that it’s working!

WisdomTooth
#12 Posted : 3/11/2023 12:16:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been taking them for many years. One thing to consider, especially these days, is (quality over quantity). Most that start to create medicine initially have high quality stuff but as their business becomes bigger their heart closes and they become a slave to the monetary system and quality drops significantly.

I personally used to like Dragon Herbs best, they are still decent quality.
Superfeast or Masons mushrooms were also decent but have dropped in quality.
Life-cykel or the ones you see advertised everywhere are terrible.

The best ones I have used with all the in-depth details and information about the mushrooms can be found on this website here https://www.nyishar.com/ they are far more expensive, almost doubling the price, but quality > quantity and thus less becomes more. I consider Paul is a master herbologist like myself.

The effects are felt best when you are fasting from food or on an empty stomach in general, away from any stimulants and not taking other herbs and or supplements in close proximity.

Meditate with them in the morning or midday, feel them out, do one herb for a few days to a week or two, then onto the next, this is a good way to "feel out" what it does for you.
Though the river tells no lies, the dishonest standing on the shore, still hear them.

dithyramb
#13 Posted : 3/11/2023 8:33:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a certain condition which makes me very sensitive to "effects" of all herbs. I can recognize the essence/spirit even from the steam while boiling the herb.

Reishi is very psychoactive ime. Very euphoric and pleasant. Definitely feels supportive and nourishing.

I've heard there is a difference between cultivated and wild reish, and that wild reishi is more psychoactive. I'm blessed to have an infinite supply growing wild in the area where I live

Euphoria is a protection from negative energies and evil spirits in my understanding.
Reishi is called "the herb of spiritual potency."

I'm waiting for the new growths of the year to perhaps drink it regularly as I do need a better quality of sleep which reishi is said to give with long term consumption.

For antinflammatory support my main plant is rue. I feel it's antiinflammatory effect in my whole body. Cistus is another plant said to really shine for antinflammatory support. I also drink it regularly. Nettle is another tonic herb with antiinflammatory properties which I drink religiously when it is in season.

Back to mushrooms, Amanita muscaria is also highly regarded for tonic, anti anxiety, antidepressive support. I have minimal experience but definitely noticed the precious medicine in it and intend to ally it in the long term.

The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Exitwound
#14 Posted : 3/11/2023 5:50:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can not recommend amanita enough as a tonic and mood booster, just don't bother with trip doses unless you know what you are doing.

dithyramb
#15 Posted : 3/12/2023 2:39:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nyishar is amazing, I feel like it's me talking on his YouTube channel.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

abecedarian
#16 Posted : 3/12/2023 9:58:49 PM

∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ęRhe✟ori© ABe©eDarian $✞ȉllĨn✞hę©®@✟ę

It's nothing I can prove but I believe I've found much benefit in several fungi. In addition to Psilocybin and Amanita, I've for a long while now taken Reishi, Maitake, Cordyceps, and Lion's Mane.

Tremella fuciformis is also in an herbal mix I take for my lungs.

I'm thinking about adding Chaga to the regimen.
I'm a man from a place with hands and a face. Part of the heart of the human race. It illuminates. ∵ ✞ ☯ ॐ ☮ ღ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ © $ ∴ Ę$ø✞ę®ȉ©

Th3k1d93
#17 Posted : 3/13/2023 1:31:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I take a LOT of daily supplements, nootropics, herbs, aminos, etc. at least 15-20 different products, and 10 of those are stacked products to start with (multiple substances).

Reishi, Lions mane, Cordyceps, and Turkey tail is part of those, that I grow myself so I know there's no heavy metals etc. (A big risk with Chinese produced extracts) I also use Chaga, but i wild harvest it.

They're absolutely one of the best additions to my daily stack I've done. I get sick far less, they give solid energy/drive, and lions mane is fantastic for cognition. Stacking it with a psilocybin microdose and nootropics really make it astounding.

As far as premade products, they're SUPER hit or miss. Paul Stamets pretty much scams people by selling mycelliated grain, not actual fruiting bodies. Stay far away from that. Then even other products that DO use fruiting bodies, have been very hit or miss for me.

Growing them myself however, they're some of the best additions to my daily regimen.
Without growth, what's the point?

Avid gardener and Ethnobotany enthusiast

Orion
#18 Posted : 3/18/2023 1:17:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Th3k1d93 wrote:
Reishi, Lions mane, Cordyceps, and Turkey tail is part of those, that I grow myself so I know there's no heavy metals etc. (A big risk with Chinese produced extracts) I also use Chaga, but i wild harvest it.

You grow all of these yourself? If so, don't be shy about sharing your knowledge or making a thread or two, I'd be all for it.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

PsyloCiBeen
#19 Posted : 3/18/2023 8:24:03 AM

In Silence I Been

Wow that sounds like a magic combination with the microdose.. awesome stuff. Reishi is amazing but I couldn't get the antlers to fruit... maybe was my substrate.. did you work with treated logs Th3k1d93? Do the quicker methods work well too?
mama matrix most mysterious

In the gforce of the carrier wave when my ego starts melting away I truly realize that I am who I am and yet everything that I say and say I did is an illusion. Any similarities in any name, form or experiences to a human being (past, present or future) is purely coincidental and no harm was intended first do harmalas

Th3k1d93
#20 Posted : 3/19/2023 7:13:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Orion wrote:

You grow all of these yourself? If so, don't be shy about sharing your knowledge or making a thread or two, I'd be all for it.

I'll get around to it at some point! I'm fortunate enough to work a job where I work from home and have plenty of time to nerd out on whatever hobby flips my switch at the time, lol.

PsyloCiBeen wrote:
Wow that sounds like a magic combination with the microdose.. awesome stuff. Reishi is amazing but I couldn't get the antlers to fruit... maybe was my substrate.. did you work with treated logs Th3k1d93? Do the quicker methods work well too?

I've got a log house of Ganoderma Lucidum outside, but it doesn't antler for me well out there, more of the shelf/polypore looking fruits. My indoor oak sawdust/chip blocks get solid antler structure though. I definitely get faster results inside, but the outdoor fruits seem to be more potent. There's noticeable sedation and such from drinking tea from the outdoor grown Reishi for example.

That's backwards for Lion's Mane though. The indoor fruits are definitely more potent/better tasting. I think that's from supplementation with nutrient broth and wheat bran to the sawdust blocks though.
Without growth, what's the point?

Avid gardener and Ethnobotany enthusiast

12NEXT