We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ma gawd. Ovoids!!! Portland OR. Now with pics! Options

null24
#1 Posted : 3/29/2022 1:55:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Dang y’all. I’ve been looking for these for years. Today I went to a park for a picnic and some exercise and while walking i spotted these little dudes. Only picked a fifth of what's there because I had no more room in my big ass backpack!!! Literally the biggest flush I have ever seen and I wasn't even hunting!

I needed this badly. Last fall season bit big ones. Newbs tearing up patches, people getting out after a year of isolation, park services covering things up after two years of neglect, bla bla. I’m almost reluctant to post this, i don’t want spring season to be… a thing. But shoot, i love to brag, so:

null24 attached the following image(s):
IMG_0740.jpg (3,221kb) downloaded 182 time(s).
IMG_0744.jpg (4,982kb) downloaded 178 time(s).
IMG_0747.jpg (1,982kb) downloaded 177 time(s).
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 3/29/2022 2:02:27 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

but where are the PICTURES?! Worst case of clickbait evar!! lol

Seriously happy for you, those things are absolute beauties and can be merciless Twisted Evil

Make sure you take LOTS of spore prints.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

null24
#3 Posted : 3/29/2022 3:22:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dunno why it doesn't let me upload jpegs, I had to get home and convert them to jpgs. WTF? I have tons of pics and vid, but it's a PITA to convert before dinner, so these will have to suffice for now.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 3/29/2022 4:11:02 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Maybe I was too quick and replied before the upload had finished Embarrased (Seeing the word 'ovoids' sets me off with a lightning trigger.) But it really does have to be '.jpg', '.jpeg' won't work. There might be some arcane reason for this being necessary but if it's simply possible to add '.jpeg' to the list of accepted file extension types, well, I've asked before - quite a while ago now.

Those bouquets are phenomenal and really look the part. Also it's awesome to know that this species will fruit in the spring. Do you have another shot of the bluing , that really helps to be more sure of the identity? A good view of how the gills attach to the stem would also be helpful, but entirely at your leisure Smile

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

null24
#5 Posted : 3/29/2022 4:11:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

More pics:
I am blown away by this accidental find!
IMG_0721.jpg (3,088kb) downloaded 132 time(s).
IMG_0723.jpg (3,217kb) downloaded 132 time(s).
IMG_0729 (1).jpg (2,642kb) downloaded 133 time(s).
IMG_0740 (1).jpg (3,221kb) downloaded 133 time(s).
IMG_0742.jpg (2,993kb) downloaded 133 time(s).
IMG_0743.jpg (2,470kb) downloaded 131 time(s).
IMG_0744.jpg (4,982kb) downloaded 132 time(s).
IMG_0747.jpg (1,982kb) downloaded 133 time(s).
IMG_0748.jpg (3,741kb) downloaded 133 time(s).
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

roninsina
#6 Posted : 3/30/2022 2:27:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I’m glad the medicine finally found you, nullCool
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

null24
#7 Posted : 3/30/2022 7:20:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

They iz wild Ps. Ovoidcystidiata. They are interesting. Very cube-like with woodlover characteristics. Seem to have comparable potency to cubes also, although I am waiting for them to fully dry before really getting into them. First time finding them. Some are huuuuge.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

PanaeolusSequence
#8 Posted : 3/30/2022 11:14:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome!! Let me know if you need anyone to look at a spore print Smile I'd love to have one

null24
#9 Posted : 3/31/2022 5:09:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Seriously happy for you, those things are absolute beauties and can be merciless Twisted Evil

From what I can determine, they are absolutely merciFUL! These came to me at a time when I am trying to learn to show myself and accept grace, and I'll be damed if they haven't come through. I think I have a new favorite. Highly energetic, crazy potent, and so far, no paralysis which is a plusRazz . Good dance partners.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 3/31/2022 8:06:04 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

My cultivated ones were ultra-potent. Maybe light exposure tones down the strength a bit. They were still utterly beautiful when I remembered not to take a massive overdose of them Embarrased These delightful living beings made me seriously consider attempting to navigate the legal process of consecrating the world's first (?) interspecies marriage from a completely different kingdom of life. Here's passing on that baton to you Thumbs up Big grin

null24
#11 Posted : 3/31/2022 4:14:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Laughing Oh man... I think we're just going to stay close friends. I was born to be a bachelor.Wink

Kinda pleasantly surprised at the potency. From the bruising, I was thinking maybe lower than cubes, but I was wrong. These things are powerful. And clearly people are'nt hepped to them around here. I have been at the park several days this week for work, and they have not been touched. One fairy ring was covered with leaves, but I may have done that, don't remember. Kinda funny. I had lunch yesterday in a fairy ring, tons of peeps around walking dogs. One guy asked what I was doing and then inquired me for some info, but he was just curious. Be nice if it stays that way, I am not posting these in a bunch of my ususal brag spots.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 3/31/2022 4:25:30 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Well, however it turns out, cherish whatever mycelium you're able to interact with.

Do you think there was some kind of human hand behind the patch that you found? I mean, other than dumping a big pile of woodchips somewhere.

The mycelium will grow really nicely in a tub as well - if you haven't already realised. If you can expand it onto chips that have soaked underwater for three months they seem to really love it, along with a nice layer of leaf mould as casing. Lots you can do with what you've found there, it's such an awesome species. (I'm not jealous, not one little bit Laughing )

Jupiter Man
#13 Posted : 3/31/2022 5:37:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
but where are the PICTURES?! Worst case of clickbait evar!! lol
Make sure you take LOTS of spore prints.

This is something I failed to do the last time I found psilocybin mushrooms when I went on a walk on a trail filled with Acacia trees. Seriously, take prints!!!

Anyways, this is a completely awesome find!!!

null24
#14 Posted : 3/31/2022 7:01:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Well, however it turns out, cherish whatever mycelium you're able to interact with.

Do you think there was some kind of human hand behind the patch that you found? I mean, other than dumping a big pile of woodchips somewhere.

The mycelium will grow really nicely in a tub as well - if you haven't already realised. If you can expand it onto chips that have soaked underwater for three months they seem to really love it, along with a nice layer of leaf mould as casing. Lots you can do with what you've found there, it's such an awesome species. (I'm not jealous, not one little bit Laughing )

Absolutely someone put them there. And likely forgot? I’d like to meet them though, they did a hell of a job.

Yeah, i have the space and resources to play with this and a ton of butts. Haven’t made any prints but i will. I have several requests for them.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

null24
#15 Posted : 4/2/2022 5:55:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

More pron: Thought these might be good for ID. These are not wild, but landscape oviods and one can see the hab from earlier pics.

Also, been colonizing some cardboard and a small container of chips with it. The myc is just eating it up, it's crazy aggressive. My plan is to do a couple tubs with it and see what happens. I've never had much success with doing that with cyanescens, but this quickly jumps to the cardboard. I've boiled some of the cardboard first for several cycles to remove glues, etc and some I haven't, doesn't seem to matter. Just rolled up butts in corrugated layers removed after soaking, and packed them in a little 8X8" plastic tub with a loose cover that permits FAE but slows evaporation, kept wet and dark. It'll be ready to plant in a tub of chips in a week, I think, which will make it about a month of colonizing. I'll post pics at some point.

1.png (9,184kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
2.png (9,334kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
4.jpg (1,976kb) downloaded 24 time(s).
5.png (8,315kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
6.png (8,246kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*