We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vaped Harmalas in GVG predose for DMT as ROA for Vaporhuasca Options

brand_new_bein
#1 Posted : 3/11/2022 5:59:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Having successfully extracted some freebase harmalas from Syrian Rue with the help of many friends in the Nexus chat, I have been wanting to experiment to combine this with DMT - as a preparation for an Oral DMT (Pharma) experience. I have lots of prior experience with vaping DMT Freebase and Changa and have found the GVG to be an invaluable aid in the smoalking experience. After obtaining the freebase harmalas I initially attempted to vape them on their own in a GVG. There is lots of debate on a few threads whether GVG can efficiently vape harmalas as under normal conditions its chamber heats up to slightly lower than that required to vape harmine + harmalaine. However, in my novice experience I did manage to attain a mild harmala buzz with the vaping experience which lasted roughly 20-30 minutes. To experience the true potential of harmala, I later tried sublingual dose which was slightly stronger than vaped, and on a seprate occasion a tea with 4.6g Syrian Rue seeds - which was possibly the strongest MAOI experience I have had and amounted to a trip in itself.

Being familiar with the harmala plant consciousness of the rue, I was interested in trying in combintaion with DMT in a way that doesn't involve infused leaf Changa. So I considered trying to vape the harmalas in a GVG 5-10 minutes before loading up some spice and blasting off. I was wondering if this would be similar to changa trips I have had in the past. This was the experiment I conducted today. I was considering doses and normally DMT on its own for me has a sweet spot between 35-40 mg freebase. I am aware that harmalas can intensifie the experience and make it stronger however i didn't want to lowball my initial foray into vaporhuasca. Some wise voices in the nexus chat however cautioned me of doing 30mg DMT combined with harmalas they suggested it would be simply overpowering. I concurred and considered using substantially less amount of DMT while raising the harmala pre-dose a bit higher. Here is my experience report:

The sun was bright outside in the afternoon and I had already made an intention to smoalk some today. My wife had blasted off a bit earlier on just freebase and had a very visonary experience so I was excited to try my experiment. At 4:10 pm I loaded 40 mg harmala freebase into a GVG. I have 2 GVGs one of which is a dedicated DMT vessle so I decided to make for an easy smoalking experience by using these two alternatively one for harmalas and the other for spice - although loading the spice in the residue of the vaped harmalas would have worked as well from what I gathered. I loaded roughly 15 mg DMT in the second GVG and set it aside. This was a low estimate of a dose going after what Nexus member rootBarkEnthusiast recommended me in the chat. I also considered that there must be re crystalized DMT residue in the GVG from earlier. Regardless I thought 15 mg would be a safe limit to have. Normally my experiences of 20 mg DMT freebase smoalked alone have felt faint and fleeting, but I knew I was combining with harmalas which would lengthen and potentiate. Still I was expecting possibly something either a little bit more mushroom like animated fractal world of changa, or a more dreamy kind of exeprience.

Smoalking the harmalas out of the GVG was easier and more efficeint than i had anticipaticed. This may be because I was also using a torch lighter with a largeish flame aimed directly at the GVG ceramic filter making it glow red. The 40mg was a good dose for a strong vapor pull in the first toke, which I held in my lungs for as long as I could. The onset was almost immediate body high and MAOI buzz. I kept hitting the vape to make sure I was getting it hot enough to get most of the harmalas to vape. Another technique I have learnt from vaping hashish in the GVG (which also requires high tempratures) is to inhale as slowly as possible with the torch flame running throughout and exhale and inhale in short drags. This gets the GVG super hot and it heats up all the way to the bottom of the neck. I knew the GVG was quite hot and probably most of what all could be vaped in the chamber had been vaped as no more smoalk was coming out. So I gathered the vaping was effective as a noticable MAOI buzz set in.

Then I put this GVG aside and decided to calm myself for a few moments and contemplate my intention. My heart-rate had increased either from harmalas which are known to have stimulant effects, or from the anticipation of blasting off. After calming my nerves a bit i sipped some cold water and prepared my intention. It was 4:19 pm by this time and I gathered 4:20 might be a good time to blast off just out of coincidence - I was also born at exactly this time in the afternoon so it seemed doubly significant aside from the stonner time-stamp. The harmalas I noticed made the transition to smoalk the spice noticably less anxiety ridden and it seemed like a casual transition.

Picking up the GVG with 15mg DMT pre-loaded in it, I took the torch, set the stopwatch, fired up the torch and proceeded to blast off. As soon as the DMT vapors hit my already harmalated body, I felt an incredibly strong bodily sensation that took grip of all my muscles. I held the inhalation in my lungs for what I could count to be roughy 10 seconds and exhaled It took a few moments for any visual effects to come on, and in the mean time I was able to take maybe two more full inhalations. At some point I was wondering if it was going to be much to strong with the intensity the hyperspacey feeling was coming on but I took an additional toke for good measure in any case. Something told me I had smoalked enough and there was no more time left. Then I handed the GVG to my wife who was standing besides me.

After this point, neither do I recall the familiar "DMT Flash" nor the transformations in the room or any of the factral patterns or hyperspace confetti I am used to noticing at the begining of freebase DMT experiences. It was a rapid onset, and the hammer appears to have dropped almost immediately. I was gone within seconds.

From the outside my wife described my transition to hyperspace as my eyes neither closed nor open but half open with pupils locked into my eye-sockets and only the whites of my eyeballs visible. My jaw dropped almost immediately and remained locked like that for almost the entire duration.

On the inside I was experiencing a deeply interior (or extremely exterior) realm of consciousness. I do not recall the transitions of the patterns or their formations or how they evolved. The experience was possibly one of the strongest I've had with DMT. However now I can tell that this was noticably different both from breakthrough level freebase alone, and from strong or even breakthrough dose of changa. I recall being in a purple hued dome with arches like the interior relief of a byzantine church or a near eastern mosque. The relief was inlaid with hyperspace patterns of a floral or vegetal texture from all that I could gather. The harmala voice I had experienced on my experiments with the rue had combined with DMT consciousness to become an amplified voice-in-the-head that was speaking to me from within (without). It was certainly not my own voice, as I appeared to be in dialogue with it, or while I was mostly subdued into submission, it was addressed to me in an amplified form. The logic was crystal clear and unmistakable - it was the logic of a higher consciousness. The voice was loud and authoritative, though it was not berrating or yelling, but there was something stern about it. There was no visible entity to whom the voice could be attributed to at the time (in my past two trips with pure DMT, I noticed some silent humanoiod disincarnate entities for some split seconds as in a spliced frame). In the thick of things I could not place whether the voice was a DMT voice, whether it was some entity, or whether it was a more transcendental, a more divine voice that echoed into my very very bones and shook my body to the core.

The voice was rearranging my thoughts, feelings, and ideas through infallible logic. I was being shown the difference between existance and inexiatence (why is there something rather than nothing) and the transition between life and death (something told me that I was in a transitionary space between the two realms). The content of the thoughts, which were too many and too resounding to contain, was mostly ethical. I was being shown how to be a better person though the use of my own logical faculties, ideas that i had argued with myself or with others were put into perspective in terms of my actions, my intentions, my desires, and my aspirations. It was not so much belittling as it was humbling. I had a strong sense of some kind of afterlife, beyond the grave, I could sense my bones from underneath my flesh as I transitioned between the lifeworld and the deadworld. I could feel myself heaving loudly, my jaw was locked open though I didn't realize this till later during the experience. At some point my tear ducts let out two or three streams of tears that were moistning my cheeks. I had not cried, but the overwhelming experience must have triggered this bodily response.

This was much more intense and overwhelming than I had expected 15mg to be on the onset. Prior to blasting off I had made the intention to experience the harmala plant consciousness together with the DMT, to see how the vaped experience related to DMT by itself. Towards the end, although I was still unaware of my being at the time, I was being told that this makes it last longer. I did not know how long I was out, but I knew I was deeply possessed during the experience. My body was gripped in its entirity (this is a bit different from DMT by itself which I recall experiencing as more soothing waves of fractral like patterns on the skin). The voice was still resounding, it was telling me to be grateful for what I have and not be despondent and caught within cycles of pitying myself and succumbing to nihilism. Nihilism, so the voice told me, was a somewhat illformed idea that doesn't hold up to the true test of logic. That the true purpose of being is to try to make ourselves better, through our actions and our intentions - these are the ways of breaking viscious cycles of malfescience that cause depression and despondancy. It also gave me a strong sense of gratitude for those I had around me, my parents, who have always been so kind and generous to me, and my wife who has been a huge support in my life as well as my explorations. Few are so lucky, or so I was told, to have such support. I needed to be grateful, and to strive to be better, to more effort into my work, and try to be a better person while I am still alive. Questions of being and un-being would resolve themselves when the time arrives. We will all experience what lies beyond the grave one day, and that day will surely come. But before that time it was important to live in the best way possible, to be as kind as possible, and as gracious as possible. Hedonism and temptations were only a distraction from the things in life that are most important to experience while we are still alive.

I was aware somehow that the trip had lasted much longer than what I was used to even in the realm of timelessness. I wanted to communicate to my wife somehow that I was alright, I was aware that she might be worried since I was gone such a long time even though I had forewarned her this would be the case. I myself was shocked at the gripping intensity of this experience. The clear communication I received in the form of logic and ethics was something different from the scattered thought-images of DMT on its own. This was a very very powerful experience as I would describe it a few minutes after returning to this familiar world.

There was a clear transition out of the experience, the purple dome relief was replaced by more muddled patterns, more cloud like, unformed. My locked jaw extended further into a full yawn. I felt the tears dripping down my cheeks still. They weren't tears of sadness, but some kind of release that was needed - i felt them as tears of grattitude to be alive. At this point I could feel my body again, though moving, speaking or even opening my eyelids felt like an ordeal. I figured it was the harmalated effect of the combination that was resulting in extra body load. I tried to gather my thoughts and then communicate to my wife that I was back and to turn off the stop watch. The experience clocked at about 23 minutes. I came to with some scattered ideas in my head spinning around like an incomprehensible soup.

The afterglow was noticable and more pronounced than straight DMT after-effects. The patterns on the floor were moving about in an LSD-esque kind of way, the leaves outside had outlines of light turning into fractals. I could barely comprehend the moment, and could hardly express myself but I was back for sure - even on an afterglow buzz that equaled somewhere around the lines of 200ug LSD, I felt fairly baseline. The experience was more difficult to describe as it was made up of thoughts projected into my brain from somewhere else. This phenomenon is familiar to me from DMT on its own, but the thoughts were more pronounced and amplified almost to a deafening degree.

Though the experience was intense and overwhelming, it was not so much unconfortable. When I returned I had a newfound sense of grattitude and made up my mind to try to be a better person. This was an extremely powerful experience and will stay with me for a long time. I will have to digest this and incorporate it fully in the coming days and weeks. I have a feeling this was closer to Pharma / Ayahuasca than any infused leaf changa experience. I still have questions about why these could be so different. I will have to experiement more with infused leaf and possibly with an oral dose of harmalas with DMT. I think the next time I smoalk it would be the DMT on its own, as this powerful awakening should be reserved. I plan to try an oral dose of DMT / Harmalas at some point in the future, I feel like this foray prepared me for that eventuality.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 3/12/2022 9:06:22 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks for the awesome report. It sounds like an archetypal experience of sorts. Were the harmala teachings accompanied by any particular visuals? I was thinking of one particular account I once read where the 'lessons' were accompanied by annotated diagrams of the human anatomy.

Was it full-spectrum harmala freebase that you used, as described in the extraction question that you posted?

All told, that's a lot of entheogenic mileage you got from a small amount of material on both sides. Efficient use of materials has to be a significant plus point for this ROA.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

murklan
#3 Posted : 3/12/2022 11:42:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes thank you for the report! What a experience.

40mg correctly vaped harmalas seems like a lot. I don't know if harmalas differs between individuals as much taken that way as when taken orally. I suspect that it's less.

Glad to hear that the GVG is in good use still. I have a Glass Bat VG as my preferred method for DMT.

But one question, how did you do with the harmalas freebase powder in the GVG? Did you just pile it on top on the net?

Ruffles
#4 Posted : 3/12/2022 11:45:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting and well written report.

Care to describe the taste of vaped harmalas?

How long did it last according to the real world timeframe? Longer?

brand_new_bein
#5 Posted : 3/13/2022 10:47:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Appreciate the engagement and the interest. If it wasn't for the discussions in this community - both as a participant in the discussions and as a silent lurker on the search function - I wouldn't have gotten this far this easily in my explorations of these wonderful substances.
I'd like to respond to all the interesting queries below.

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Were the harmala teachings accompanied by any particular visuals? I was thinking of one particular account I once read where the 'lessons' were accompanied by annotated diagrams of the human anatomy.

When I took the harmalas by themselves, particularly in the tea form with 4.5g crushed seeds boiled and strained, the harmala teachings were bodily, meantal and visual. The visuals were faint but I remember feeling my body extend in plant-like ways which I could also visualize. You can read the full account of that trip here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1135455#post1135455

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Was it full-spectrum harmala freebase that you used, as described in the extraction question that you posted?

The extraction question you cited is certainly from the same process. I'd basically separated some of the tea extraction into two parts, one on which I did the masnke and one which I just decanted off to retrieve the freebase. I guess these are full spectrum, though I wonder if the ammount of washes I did to get the pH up might have depleted either some of the harmine or harmaline, im not sure.

downwardsfromzero wrote:
All told, that's a lot of entheogenic mileage you got from a small amount of material on both sides. Efficient use of materials has to be a significant plus point for this ROA.

Yes, it's definitely much stronger and longer lasting experience for much less DMT. However, I warn anyone who hasn't experimented with the combination before (the same way I was warned) that this is a whole other category in and of itself. So you need to enter the experience with utmost respect, simply having an intention to conserve might not be enough to justify propelling yourself so far across the bend for so long. It was a very fulfilling experiment for me nonetheless, and I encourage those seeking this out to try this process but be mindful and prepared for the consequences even if you are experienced with DMT, like I was...

murklan wrote:
But one question, how did you do with the harmalas freebase powder in the GVG? Did you just pile it on top on the net?

Yes, exactly! I piled it up on top of a bunch of screens the same way we do it with the DMT freebase in a GVG. I didn't want to use herbs for a bedding because they start vaping other stuff and its hard to tell when the harmala vapors have been expended. It took me a few pulls to vape all or most of it. At least enough to potentiate the DMT beyond known horizons.

Ruffles wrote:
Very interesting and well written report.

Care to describe the taste of vaped harmalas?

How long did it last according to the real world timeframe? Longer?

The vaped harmalas did not taste unpleasant. The vapors have a mystical flavor to them and reminds me of some of the times I have smoked changa, even the changa I made out of caapi leaf infusion. I guess that the harmala taste. But in no way did it taste as horrid as the Syrian Rue tea one is forced to gulp down before one vomits - no the vapors taste and smell just alright, maybe a little like some kind of dank incense.

Once I blasted off with the DMT, the total experience lasted slightly upwards of 20 minutes. The stopwatch read 23 mins and some seconds, and this was when I barely had enough votility to tell my wife to stop the timer. I was still gripped by it for a few minutes after that followed by a longer than usual afterglow. If I took the first toke of DMT at 4:20, by 5:00 I was still somewhat under the influence with some strange ideas in my head and a lot of gratitude for what I was given/shown/taught. Even during the peak intensity of the DMT effects, I was aware that the scheme, or timeframe was a bit warped - DMT by itself in my own experience is a bit fleeting. This lasted longer subjectively even during the experience and it had a gripping bodily sensation that was all but totalizing at the level of muscular sinews. 20 minutes in hyperspace is a loooooong time, given time doesn't exist...

Perhaps the high-dose harmalas intensified and lengthened the experience even further, I wonder if I do a 1:1 ratio of DMT + Harmalas (rather than 1:3) if the experience will be a bit more relaxed like Changa. I will do that experiment another time and report back on that. Of course lots have experience with the combination I tried, my post was to point to the fact that the GVG does work under specific conditions to effectively vape harmalas for a pre-dose, at least effectivel enough to potentiate the DMT. The effect of the harmalas did linger a bit longer but within an hour I was fully functional and the body load disappeared also. I think if I had done oral or sublingual the harmala effect might linger longer. That's for another occasion!

igorcarajo
#6 Posted : 3/14/2022 4:25:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This is very interesting. So you vaporized 40 mg of harmala freebase and then 15 mg of DMT freebase? How many minutes after the harmala did you take the DMT? Have you considered vaporizing them together?

brand_new_bein
#7 Posted : 3/17/2022 11:19:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

igorcarajo wrote:
This is very interesting. So you vaporized 40 mg of harmala freebase and then 15 mg of DMT freebase? How many minutes after the harmala did you take the DMT? Have you considered vaporizing them together?

I waited about 10 minutes for the harmalated MAOI effects to kick in before taking the first toke of the DMT.

I guess I have smoked them together as changa blends that I myself and others have prepared in the past - those experiences as I mentioned were qualitatively different than the one I described above. Possibly this is owed to the stronger harmala dose in advance. I overestimated the harmalas in case the GVG wasnt efficent at vaping them. I would like to try a 1:1 blend of the two freebase substances together in the GVG sometime to see if that matches my experiences with changa. I think this experience was closer to how I would imagine full blown Aya/Pharma trip to be compressed down to 20-25 minutes.

PsychonautCX
#8 Posted : 3/25/2022 6:30:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would it be possible to use an e-mesh RDA to vaporize the harmalas? Until my recent success with creating a DMT juice for use in a tank i have been using my e-mesh RDA for vaporizing my DMT. My new exploration method could REALLY benefit from a predose of harmalas, but my stomach just doesn't like it.