We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Lye/Limonene/Benzoic acid Options

Loveall
#41 Posted : 10/27/2022 12:43:38 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Woolmer wrote:
Drying with MgSO4 did clear up the limonene considerably, though the result is mostly the same after salting. But goo is not the right term it is more waxy/solid and not difficult to handle. I have yet to wash the trace limonene and I suspect this might be what is keeping it waxy and preventing it from hardening up nicely. Liking this tek a lot Thumbs up

Thanks for the update and interesting result for phyllode wet Tek. Did you base with NaOH? Was it straight to base?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Woolmer
#42 Posted : 10/27/2022 8:48:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I acidified 100g of phyllodes with some citric acid in 1.5L water, microwaved for 10 minutes. Added 20g NaOH in solution. After two pulls using 30-40ml limonene the yield is only sitting around 0.1% which could be normal for the broad phyllodes I suppose, or perhaps I need to use more solvent?

Some solvent has seemingly become trapped in a phyllode sludge that floated to the top after doing a warm pull. I might decant the top layer with this sludge to a seperate vessel and add more water to promote seperation as salt did not help and there is no space in the vessel to add more NaOH solution.

Dasein
#43 Posted : 12/2/2022 1:16:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just an update (although people have probably figured it out by now), benzoic acid can a) be easily made with sodium benzoate and HCl (and recrystallized/purified with boiling water) and b) easily soluble in naphtha and toluene (and most other non polar solvents I think). I personally like to add benzoic acid saturated naphtha into the freebase containing naphtha, I like to see the clouds! you can simply add excess amount and let it sit for a few hours, the crystals settle down and stick to the base. The crystals are more powdery, but I will try to experiment some more and find out if one can make them "prettier".
Also, as BW reported, dmt benzoate vaporizes at fairly low temperatures and can thus be directly vaporized. This... is huge! the only thing I am a bit uncertain about is the health and safety aspect, how ok is it to vaporize benzoic salts? but all in all, benzoic acid is a game changer!
این جهان با تو خوش است و آن جهان با تو خوش است
این جهان بی‌من مباش و آن جهان بی‌من مرو

ای عیان بی‌من مدان و ای زبان بی‌من مخوان
ای نظر بی‌من مبین و ای روان بی‌من مرو

Loveall
#44 Posted : 12/2/2022 3:02:40 AM

❤️‍🔥

Dasein wrote:
Just an update (although people have probably figured it out by now), benzoic acid can a) be easily made with sodium benzoate and HCl (and recrystallized/purified with boiling water) and b) easily soluble in naphtha and toluene (and most other non polar solvents I think). I personally like to add benzoic acid saturated naphtha into the freebase containing naphtha, I like to see the clouds! you can simply add excess amount and let it sit for a few hours, the crystals settle down and stick to the base. The crystals are more powdery, but I will try to experiment some more and find out if one can make them "prettier".
Also, as BW reported, dmt benzoate vaporizes at fairly low temperatures and can thus be directly vaporized. This... is huge! the only thing I am a bit uncertain about is the health and safety aspect, how ok is it to vaporize benzoic salts? but all in all, benzoic acid is a game changer!

I have no idea if it is safe to vaporize with direct heat. I would personally vape it in an e-juice, but I could not get it to dissolve when trying to prepare it. Too bad, because that would have been very convenient. If someone can figure out how to dissolve DMT benzoate in e-juice that would be awesome, since it is so easy get clean xtals lazily over the counter. I guess we can call crystallization from Naphtha CINLO?

JCRG
#45 Posted : 12/5/2022 8:37:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I read that lactate salts are also used to vape nicotine, perhaps it would be worthwhile to see if DMT Lactate could dissolve well in PG and/or VG?

I am assuming it would, since lactic acid contains more polar moieties than benzoic acid (3 vs 2), although I've also heard lactic acid can smell a bit like gym socks.
People aren't guilty how they are, but are eventually responsible.

_Trip_
#46 Posted : 12/5/2022 9:28:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

JCRG wrote:
I read that lactate salts are also used to vape nicotine, perhaps it would be worthwhile to see if DMT Lactate could dissolve well in PG and/or VG?

I am assuming it would, since lactic acid contains more polar moieties than benzoic acid (3 vs 2), although I've also heard lactic acid can smell a bit like gym socks.

Check out this thread.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=98968&p=4
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

JCRG
#47 Posted : 12/5/2022 9:33:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh that's awesome then, thanks!
People aren't guilty how they are, but are eventually responsible.

Woolmer
#48 Posted : 5/2/2023 3:51:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trying this dry tek with 50 g MHRB 5x freeze-thaw. Working really nicely so far. First pull with 80 g heated limonene yielded 0.820 g. The colour is slightly beige.

It is effortless to freeze-thaw because there is so little liquid one can easily do 5x freeze-thaws in one day if using a microwave to thaw after freezing.
Woolmer attached the following image(s):
IMG_0866.PNG (809kb) downloaded 109 time(s).

Loveall
#49 Posted : 5/5/2023 3:21:55 PM

❤️‍🔥

Woolmer wrote:
Trying this dry tek with 50 g MHRB 5x freeze-thaw. Working really nicely so far. First pull with 80 g heated limonene yielded 0.820 g. The colour is slightly beige.

It is effortless to freeze-thaw because there is so little liquid one can easily do 5x freeze-thaws in one day if using a microwave to thaw after freezing.

Great result! And I gathered it vaped well in emesh for you? Should we publish a TEK 😊?

_Trip_
#50 Posted : 5/6/2023 1:51:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think benzoate deserves a tek, it's great for storage, oral use and smoking/ e-mesh vaping.
Also there appears to be multiple solvents that can be used. I'm still unsure how I feel about the orange/ lemon after taste when using limo.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

Loveall
#51 Posted : 10/28/2023 3:48:50 PM

❤️‍🔥

_Trip_ wrote:
I think benzoate deserves a tek, it's great for storage, oral use and smoking/ e-mesh vaping.
Also there appears to be multiple solvents that can be used. I'm still unsure how I feel about the orange/ lemon after taste when using limo.

I can confirm toluene works. It is cheaper than limo for me and pulls very well, better than room temp naphtha (fewer pulls are needed to exahust the bark, 5 gives ~max yield for me). I like not needing to heat the solvent. Easy to neutralize and reuse also.

PREV123