We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My first attempt at psychedelic inspired artwork Options

ControlledChaos
#1 Posted : 2/26/2022 11:34:58 PM

Nature is analog, ever flowing and continuous; spontaneous transfers of energy weaving in and out of dimensions, radiating outwards from the source- a non repeating, non terminating system of perpetual energy

I tried my best to portray my Ayahausca/shroom visuals with a pencil and some paint. Here's how it turned out:

Lemme know what you think of it!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 2/27/2022 12:01:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Beautifully wild and psychedelic! Could you describe some of your imagery choices?

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ControlledChaos
#3 Posted : 2/27/2022 12:31:29 AM

Nature is analog, ever flowing and continuous; spontaneous transfers of energy weaving in and out of dimensions, radiating outwards from the source- a non repeating, non terminating system of perpetual energy

Voidmatrix wrote:
Beautifully wild and psychedelic! Could you describe some of your imagery choices?

One love

The graph with the t and delta x is basically showing how in hyperspace the laws of physics go haywire. The random colored shapes are the "jewels" I saw in a lot of my visions speckled throughout my visual field. The flowing rainbow river with the eye is kind of a mashup of a female entity I saw once with big eyelashes as well as an actual visual I got of a flowing tornado shaped rainbow river. The fiery eagle is the spirit animal of a friend I believe I visited during one of my ayahuasca sessions. That bit with the shape with the triangle and eye next to the bigger eye is one of the more wild geometric shapes I see on tryptamines, which looks almost non Euclidean and MC-Escher like. There's many instances of spiraling and curling imagery all throughout because I saw much imagery like that on Ayahausca. I tried to make my use of greens in particular very deliberate because nature and the "flow" of natural energy was a HUGE part of my experiences so any green parts are a nod to nature.

I noticed soon after one of my ayahuasca sessions that the giant ferns and plants in my area looked a lot like my visions on Ayahausca, so I actually took a giant fern for part of this and traced it on the paper. The parts that are more twisting around themselves are a reference to the Ayahausca vine itself. The orange harp with rainbow mist between the strings is a reference the how important music is to the Ayahausca experience.

So yeah, the imagery did all have meaning in my mind. The wild thing about psychedelic art/visions is that as much as it seems like chaos on the outside, it often has profound meaning to the artist and to the person who experienced the visuals during the psychedelic experience.

Bill Cipher
#4 Posted : 2/27/2022 2:31:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice. I especially like the little flaming dude on the right.

null24
#5 Posted : 2/27/2022 4:29:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thanks for sharing. It's beautiful, keep it up! With your explanation of what the symbols mean to you, it is like reading a narrative. And I'm getting a hella ASMR response from it.Thumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

ControlledChaos
#6 Posted : 2/27/2022 10:55:25 AM

null24 wrote:
Thanks for sharing. It's beautiful, keep it up! With your explanation of what the symbols mean to you, it is like reading a narrative. And I'm getting a hella ASMR response from it.Thumbs up

Glad you got something out of it! Thank you

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 3/1/2022 1:26:06 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Indeed, keep at it. The more you do it the better you get. Perhaps my perfectionist tendencies have done me little in the way of favours, but it was always a source of frustration how difficult it is to do true justice to even a tiny aspect of any part of the psychedelic visions. So, hats off to you for going straight in with the colours like that.

Did you specifically and intentionally choose the shapes, forms and layout? Or did the picture draw itself to any extent? My pieces have typically emerged almost as independent entities, only to receive the slightest tweaks through my conscious volition along the way and maybe a kind of tidying up at the end.

It's nice that you've chosen to use this for your avatar. Looking at pictures at different scaling sizes can give quite a different perspective sometimes. You've given me a bit of inspiration and reminded me of one of my old unfinished pieces that I shall be dusting off - thanks for that!

Looking forward to seeing your next attempts Smile

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ControlledChaos
#8 Posted : 3/1/2022 2:24:44 AM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Indeed, keep at it. The more you do it the better you get. Perhaps my perfectionist tendencies have done me little in the way of favours, but it was always a source of frustration how difficult it is to do true justice to even a tiny aspect of any part of the psychedelic visions. So, hats off to you for going straight in with the colours like that.

Did you specifically and intentionally choose the shapes, forms and layout? Or did the picture draw itself to any extent? My pieces have typically emerged almost as independent entities, only to receive the slightest tweaks through my conscious volition along the way and maybe a kind of tidying up at the end.

It's nice that you've chosen to use this for your avatar. Looking at pictures at different scaling sizes can give quite a different perspective sometimes. You've given me a bit of inspiration and reminded me of one of my old unfinished pieces that I shall be dusting off - thanks for that!

Looking forward to seeing your next attempts Smile

Well, I had a few key visuals I wanted to portray. I knew that the rainbow river/tornado part was going to be in it. I knew the shape with the pyramid/eye inside it would be part of it... That part was a bit of a challenge to depict because in my visuals it was pretty much impossible geometry, kind of like the "ouchie illusion" or an Escher painting. I think I did it justice in the end. The way it ended up looking like an eye with the rainbow river flowing out of it and connecting by a spiral to the geometric enigma developed organically, as did that viney twisting segment becoming part of the flaming eagle. The fern was also planned beforehand and I actually had a real life fern to trace, which was the start of that formation leading to the eagle. The harp and mirror developed totally organically, and the t/delta x graph was to add a trippy physics-breaking theme to it and fill the space. The shapes scattered throughout were key to depicting my visuals because they were a central feature to them and often it would look like jeweled walls and ceilings and other dimensions with insignias, like some kind of interdimensional ancient ruins.

I'm glad I have inspired you to pick up your own art by the way, look forward to seeing it!

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 3/1/2022 2:42:26 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
kind of like the "ouchie illusion"
Nice. The Ouchi illusion used to be my avatar for a long time. It's kind of still very hidden in my present one, you may just about be able to see.

Yeah, that one picture you've reminded me of is about the only one where I really set out with the goal of expressing what I'd seen in a very particular vision after hippy flipping in the woods many, many moons ago. A generous pinch of liberty caps after some MDMA virtually blew the top of my head off and there were some astounding organic visuals. Lets see if I can finally deliver on that artwork! I've just finalised a plan for modifying my conservatory so when the (fortunately simple) construction work is done I shall celebrate the space as an art studio in honour of my poor, dear, grandma who very recently turned 98. She would paint watercolours in her garden studio before the dementia got her.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ControlledChaos
#10 Posted : 3/1/2022 4:58:05 AM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:
kind of like the "ouchie illusion"
Nice. The Ouchi illusion used to be my avatar for a long time. It's kind of still very hidden in my present one, you may just about be able to see.

Yeah, that one picture you've reminded me of is about the only one where I really set out with the goal of expressing what I'd seen in a very particular vision after hippy flipping in the woods many, many moons ago. A generous pinch of liberty caps after some MDMA virtually blew the top of my head off and there were some astounding organic visuals. Lets see if I can finally deliver on that artwork! I've just finalised a plan for modifying my conservatory so when the (fortunately simple) construction work is done I shall celebrate the space as an art studio in honour of my poor, dear, grandma who very recently turned 98. She would paint watercolours in her garden studio before the dementia got her.

That's a solid profile picture choice. And a conservatory art studio sounds very cool. That picture of someone painting watercolors in a garden art studio is a soothing one, evocative of a certain vibe/sentiment I have rediscovered in myself since my last Ayahausca experience that I'm trying to integrate (I wrote about it on here recently if you're interested). It's a certain whimsical appreciation of nature and life, full of wonder and awe and joy. Rediscovering that emotional capacity in myself was a breakthrough in my Ayahausca sessions.