We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I hurt myself with enhanced leaf Options

Kitisha
#1 Posted : 2/26/2022 9:51:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, been a while. Hope you are all doing good.

My last DMT experience was months ago, and yesterday I decided to go back. I made some very strong enhanced leaf. Prepared myself and hit my tiny bubbler bong.

The first time was pretty good. I took just one hit and the visuals overwhelmed me, so I just laid back and enjoyed it. There was a sense of familiarity and the experience was interactive in a strange way. It wasn't too crazy tho, just the usual closed-eye 3D fractals.

The second time was pretty hellish tho. I recently realized, that I never tried talking to the entities. I always just watched their dance like a brain-dead kid staring into the tv. My intention was to talk with them, so I was determined to smoalk moar. Didn't go the way I wanted... I took one big hit and held it for about 3 seconds. Then I coughed and felt my throat closing. I felt this ball stuck in my throat. I experienced this before, but never as intensely. Visuals hit me like a brick and all I could do was puke into a bucket. I thought I would choke and die, but something reassured me it would be ok. So I just rolled with the punches.

Later I emptied the bucket and felt pretty silly, so I went to sleep. The night was horrible. I kept waking up and coughing. It hurt when I tried to take a deep breath, so I had to force myself to take sharp, shallow inhales. Morning came and I felt like shit. My throat/lungs still hurt now, but it's a lot better.

Did anyone experience this? I think I will buy one of those meth-pipes and try smoking from it next time.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Psilosopher?
#2 Posted : 2/26/2022 9:54:21 PM

Don't Panic

Bongs are easier on the lungs than pipes.

I suspect that there may have been some trace residue of solvent, and that's what is causing the respiratory issues. I had a similar thing when I used IPA instead of acetone, didn't evap it long enough. Got a sore throat and a massive migraine.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Voidmatrix
#3 Posted : 2/26/2022 10:10:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

It's likely not the pipe. I bubbler will be easier on the respiratory system than one of those oil burner pipes (meth pipes).

It sounds like there may have been some solvent in your final product. What did you use to enhance your leaf? What kind of leaf was it and how was it treated (could be contaminants in the leaf itself)? Was there any crackling or popping when you lit the bowl?

As for that marble in the throat feeling, there's a thread where others of us have dealt with something similar. Lately, before smoalking my changa, I have been administering a few spoon fulls of ginger syrup. Prevents that feeling from coming up, is calming, and helps settle the stomach.

How are you feeling presently?

One love,
Vm
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

ShamensStamen
#4 Posted : 2/26/2022 10:58:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Could you have burned it? Ime at least if i've burnt it i get this feeling like there's a hunk of plastic or something coating my throat, almost like a lump or something.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 2/26/2022 11:06:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's the thread that was referenced above.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Kitisha
#6 Posted : 2/27/2022 12:38:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psilosopher? wrote:
I used IPA instead of acetone, didn't evap it long enough.

I did use isopropanol, but I made sure it 100% evaporated. It also evaps clean, I checked.
Voidmatrix wrote:
What did you use to enhance your leaf? What kind of leaf was it and how was it treated (could be contaminants in the leaf itself)? Was there any crackling or popping when you lit the bowl?

I dissolved dmt freebase in isopropanol, then dropped in some tagetes lucida(mexican tarragon). I really doubt the leaf itself is contaminated. I think I never used anything else to make enhanced leaf, and respiratory issues happened only sometimes. You know, the first time was fine, and it was the exact same batch. As for the crackling, I'm not sure since I was wearing headphones.
Voidmatrix wrote:
few spoon fulls of ginger syrup

Thanks man, I will definitely try that. Do you think regular ginger tea would do? I will check the thread out, thank you. Its been about 36 hours and I still feel my lungs a little bit, but its mostly fine. I think its just strain from the brutal coughing.
ShamensStamen wrote:
Could you have burned it? Ime at least if i've burnt it i get this feeling like there's a hunk of plastic or something coating my throat, almost like a lump or something.

I thought burning it isn't much of an issue with enhanced leaf?

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 2/27/2022 4:05:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find ginger tea to be helpful in calming the stomach, but have not had as much success in mitigating purging with ginger tea or juice as I have with the syrup. The syrup also coats the throat making the dosing easier as well.

I have also been using ashwagandha, lemon balm, and blue lotus in these endeavors as well for a more relaxed approach.

One love

Kobranek
#8 Posted : 2/28/2022 5:01:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is why I've essentially completely stopped smoking dmt in general. Try vaping it instead it is like night and day. There was a point I didn't think I would be able to trip anymore it got so bad such as your experience. Once I got my glass vapor genie it helped my lungs so much more. The gvg held strong for about ten years. Then when I graduated to my might+ with water bubbler attachment a few months back, total game changer. I vaped some harmala heavy changa on twosday that left a bit of a phlemgy throat for the rest of the day. Not saying I won't ever smoke dmt again but I prefer not to. It seems even with vaping the more oils that's in the final product such as what you get with a stb and warm naphtha pulls also if at least one re-x with heptane hasn't been performed the harsher the vapor is.