We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Small batch extraction for testing Options

cyantific
#1 Posted : 2/3/2022 7:53:56 PM

Journeyman

If one wanted to have a portion of their cacti collection tested, what would the best way to go about doing this? For example, Out of 100 plants they want to test 20 of them. What would be the quickest tek to generate the minimum amount needed for analytical testing? (on 20 specimens)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

oetzi13
#2 Posted : 2/3/2022 8:09:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

collect small amounts(5g dry is enough)of each plant and use the Cielo tek
Just don't

cyantific
#3 Posted : 2/3/2022 8:12:54 PM

Journeyman

cool, thank you. If you had to guess, how much time would it take to perform each of the 5g. extractions? Any idea how much material is required for testing?

Cheelin
#4 Posted : 2/3/2022 8:13:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cyantific wrote:
If one wanted to have a portion of their cacti collection tested, what would the best way to go about doing this? For example, Out of 100 plants they want to test 20 of them. What would be the quickest tek to generate the minimum amount needed for analytical testing? (on 20 specimens)

I assume you are interested in testing for % M content.

Short of extraction, I know of no way to do this at home.

A very doable tek (quick & easy one, once you learn it), is Loveall’s Cielo tek: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/CIELO#cite_note-3
The “Ethyl Acetate Approach” thread referenced in the wiki, provides detailed info, including my initial work developing a small-scale version for determining plant M % yield. So far, I can reliably determine % yield from as little as 5g of cactus powder. I am working to miniaturize this to 1g samples using a testube. The tek has the potential to be reliably used as a titrimetric approach, but I don’t have the skillset to take it that far.

Loveall
#5 Posted : 2/3/2022 8:14:05 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

oetzi13 wrote:
collect small amounts(5g dry is enough)of each plant and use the Cielo tek

Just want to add that Cheelin has posted details on small scale extractions in the CIELO Tek thread.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Cheelin
#6 Posted : 2/3/2022 8:18:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cyantific wrote:
cool, thank you. If you had to guess, how much time would it take to perform each of the 5g. extractions? Any idea how much material is required for testing?

Tek takes an hour of processing time. Elapsed time is upto 72 hours, depending upon crystallization option chosen, potentially this can be reduced to 4 hrs, though i haven’t yet tested the fast crystallization method at this sample size.

Assuming 95% wt lost to get the material sufficiently dry, you’d need 100g fresh material to provide 5g dry.

cyantific
#7 Posted : 2/3/2022 8:22:47 PM

Journeyman

Cheelin wrote:

mini extractions with results sent to a lab such as Solaris.

Loveall wrote:

Just want to add that Cheelin has posted details on small scale extractions in the CIELO Tek thread.

I'll check that out thanks!

Cheelin
#8 Posted : 2/3/2022 8:25:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cyantific wrote:
Cheelin wrote:

Correct, mini extractions with results sent to a lab such as Solaris.

As i understand it, labs will tell you purity level, from a miniscule sample. But, if they offer % yield analysis, the sample size would be much larger.

cyantific
#9 Posted : 2/3/2022 8:36:30 PM

Journeyman

Cheelin wrote:

As i understand it, labs will tell you purity level, from a miniscule sample. But, if they offer % yield analysis, the sample size would be much larger.

This type of report below was shared by urica in the Cactus Analysis Thread. It was performed by the lab Energy Control. Just not sure how much extract was submitted for analysis.

urtica wrote:

ENERGY CONTROL RESULTS: 88% of this extract was mescaline, so 0.0385% fresh, 0.76% presumed dry. 385 mgs mescaline per kg fresh plant.

Cheelin
#10 Posted : 2/3/2022 8:41:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cyantific wrote:
Cheelin wrote:

This type of report below was shared by urica in the Cactus Analysis Thread. It was performed by the lab Energy Control. Just not sure how much extract was submitted for analysis.

urtica wrote:

ENERGY CONTROL RESULTS: 88% of this extract was mescaline, so 0.0385% fresh, 0.76% presumed dry. 385 mgs mescaline per kg fresh plant.

Look at the cielo wiki link above, it has a Solaris purity analysis.

Cheelin
#11 Posted : 2/3/2022 8:43:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a link to a post in the ethyl acetate update thread that shows one of my cielo trials on 5g cactus powder samples (same powder w diff treatments): https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1133783#post1133783

Cheelin
#12 Posted : 2/3/2022 8:58:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BTW, although I haven’t tested this, i assume reliable product purity determination is a characteristic of the chosen extraction method; reliable % yield determination of product at that purity level is a characteristic of the source material.

If so, a single purity analysis per properly conducted extraction method would be sufficient; while yield % would need to be determined for each different source material.