We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
[Coalition for Entheogenic Liberty] Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 2/9/2010 10:23:29 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Hi all,

With the recent raid of BBB the dormant call to stand up for our rights to be master of our own bodies, especially regarding the use of psychedelics, seems to be awakened. Currently this call for action is still chaotic and even at some points counter-productive. For this reason it's important that we stop being individuals with our own agenda and start becoming one front of we the people to stand up for our rights!

THE PSYCHEDELIC FRONTIER FOUNDATION
In this thread oblighul proposed the name 'The Psychedelic Frontier Foundation'. I like it and until we have a better suiting name we will use this one.

EDIT: This has now been changed to: Coalition for Entheogenic Liberty

WHATS NEXT?
What we need now is to integrate all the current ideas we have into this new foundation. This will mean:
* Mission Statement. Who are we, what do we want and how?
* Actions to take
* Gathering of all the ideas

WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Currently this foundation is a small infant, we have to get it grown up fast to keep the momentum we have now. If there is anything you can do to help form this foundation then please let us know in this thread and start doing it. In time we will raise this small child into a giant the worldwide governements have to take into account.

If there is anything else you like to add please also state it here.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 2/9/2010 10:39:24 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Amazing!!

Traveler, I also see that some topics from the nursery have been moved here. Do the new members have access to post in this section as well? We sure need their input!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

The Traveler
#3 Posted : 2/9/2010 10:40:18 AM

"No, seriously"

Infundibulum wrote:
Traveler, I also see that some topics from the nursery have been moved here. Do the new members have access to post in this section as well? We sure need their input!

Oi, I'll promote the good ones right away since they have shown to be good full members.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

shoe
#4 Posted : 2/9/2010 10:42:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah! Pychedelic liberation army!

So... what do we do exactly?
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

The Traveler
#5 Posted : 2/9/2010 10:49:00 AM

"No, seriously"

shoe wrote:
So... what do we do exactly?

That's one hell of a good question, we need to form a good and solid answer to that.

People who have excellent (technical) writing skills should write that one out. I'm thinking of people like endlessness, 69ron and Clouds here.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

sunshineandsmiles
#6 Posted : 2/9/2010 12:13:53 PM

Sol-Id

Loving this idea Trav. I guess the idea is to campaign for positive changes in legislation, policy, and social awareness of psychedelic practises?

I'd hate to sound patronising...but...I feel that this needs saying...

Stop THE GOALS OF THE PSYCHEDELIC FRONTIER FOUNDATION MUST BE ACHIEVED WITHOUT ANY FORM OF VIOLENT ACTIONStop

I know most folks on the Nexus aren't violent people. But if this is to be taken seriously by national governments and eventually the UN...no military action must take place in respect of our goals.

Having said that...

We can take action using military strategies and techniques such as psyops. Our biggest weapon is the truth, so the more research that is done, and the more positive propaganda that can be spread...so much the better.

Excellent stuff Trav. I look forward to seeing this baby grow up Very happy

(and btw, thanks for promoting me Smile)
TIME WILL TELL...

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 2/9/2010 12:22:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i think what we all want is freedom to use psychedelics responsibly...

what we should do..is write up our mission statement..and then have somebody write up a good letter to some organizations that have the same goals or similar goals to the PFF...such as MAPS..perhaps somebody in those organizations could help point us in the right direction..and possibly give us some ideas and advice
it's a sound

Xt
#8 Posted : 2/9/2010 12:50:55 PM

Spot on jork, lets keep kartikay in the loop too.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

VisualDistortion
#9 Posted : 2/9/2010 1:22:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, we definately need a comprehensive mission statement.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

amor_fati
#10 Posted : 2/9/2010 3:06:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Added to the wiki's community portal:
Quote:
# The Psychedelic Frontier Foundation -> Needs mission statement and general expansion and markup.

* Needs an associated community hub for organizing activity, ideas, and general campaigning.
* Needs a legal reference detailing global legal status, as well as past and current cases pertaining to the community and its focus.

And began work: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Ps...dation#Mission_Statement

jamie
#11 Posted : 2/9/2010 3:34:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Oh wow trav this is GREAT! I really like this idea!
Long live the unwoke.

nadir
#12 Posted : 2/9/2010 4:14:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm in !
I think our main aim should be to have a right to do scientific researches with psychedelics.
sounds utopic but I like itSmile
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

#13 Posted : 2/9/2010 5:23:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This place seems to be have similar aims, has it been mentioned here yet?

http://psychedelicsociety.org/

Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Pandora
#14 Posted : 2/9/2010 7:22:46 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Intriguing.

You know, this idea has ALOT in common with the Libertarian Party. We could perhaps carefully use their material as a starting point.

Don't be fooled by the fact that a lot of Libertarians are conservative - these are actually just very confused Republicans. Real Libertarians believe in exteme principles of freedom regardless of position on the political spectrum.

Here is the introduction to the party: http://www.lp.org/introd...is-the-libertarian-party

An election or two ago the PRINCIPAL plank in their political platform was END THE WAR ON DRUGS!

They only ask for ONE statement of lifestyle/principle when you sign up for membership: To validate my membership, I certify that I oppose the initiation of force to achieve political or social goals.

Seems like an EXCELLENT starting point. So much intelligence and creativity exists here on the Nexus that we do not need to plagerize to make superior use of this as a potenital starting point . . .

Peace & Love,
Pandora

"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Spock's Brain
#15 Posted : 2/9/2010 8:34:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think a good basis for a focal point might be to show that some of the medications we value don't meet the criteria to be classified as schedule-1 controlled substances, according to the DEA's own classification criteria. For example, Ayahuasca not meeting accepted medical use... or DMT (or pscilicin, or mescaline, or salvia divinorum) having a high potential for abuse. (I challenge anyone to try and abuse DMT... (not really)). And then try and figure out how to publish the compiled, concise, findings that prove lack of basis for scheduled controlled substance classification, and somehow present them to the (more) public forum, media outlet, or elected representation in choice jurisdiction.

PS: Another point would be to show the overall lack of compelling public interest in prohibiting such things.
PSS: We need not only some skilled researchers and writers, but also some pubicists on our side.

A genuine teaching plant cannot be abused, it'll unleash on you...

"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

ragabr
#16 Posted : 2/9/2010 8:58:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spock's Brain, some great points there. Now might be especially good time to push this, as the FDA has had an awful lot of screw-ups lately. People beginning to notice the corporate shills that they are. I don't think enough people are aware that the FDA banned bookstores located *near* herbalists to sell books on the medicinal uses of herbs, until Congress intervened.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

obliguhl
#17 Posted : 2/9/2010 9:11:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been away for one day and this is the result. VERY NICE! I like the new name too, especially the abbrv. "ELF" Laughing

Dimitrius
#18 Posted : 2/9/2010 10:22:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm on board. Cool

"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

balaganist
#19 Posted : 2/9/2010 10:48:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes people. A way forward for sure.

I will put my thinking cap on for this....
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Kartikay
#20 Posted : 2/10/2010 5:30:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm incredibly happy to see so many people that want to get active!

I have a few suggestions to input.

1) Distinction: Like 1664 pointed out, there are already other organizations with the exact same frame of mind. We should find out more about them and see if starting a whole new organization is really what is best. It might be better to just start an official DMT-Nexus branch of a pre-existing foundation. If there is to be an ELF, which is separate from another organization, then what is to be different about it? What separates us? If we are to be separate, then there needs to be an important distinction, otherwise there is no point.

2) Separation: ELF should be separate from DMT-Nexus. Political activism will inevitably be part of our goal, and no politician will accept help from the DMT-Nexus, an website that hands out extraction teks for illegal activity. The Nexus would obviously be behind ELF, but it should at least be on a separate website. A serious foundation will not get anywhere if attached to a forum that openly discusses illegal activity. We need a website that people can openly give their names and identities without worry of prosecution from authorities.

3) Videos: ELF should make informative YouTube videos about each substance/entheogen. We've all heard of Neurosoup, and for all the bad reputation that Krystle gets, she also has over 10,000 views on just about every video she makes and sometimes well over 100,000 views. The videos that are put out by ELF should be well-made and informative, concise, and relevant: ex. "5-minute summary of the history of ayahuasca!" People are much more willing to watch short videos than actually read articles.

4) Legality: ELF can't support any illegal activity. That might be obvious, but it should be said as many times as possible.

5) Focus: ELF should have very specific and very few goals. The broader that the goals get, the less effective we will be at meeting them. Take a lesson from the NRA. They are so successful because they care about 1 cause and 1 cause only. They don't play around with any other issue.

that's all I've got for now.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

123NEXT