We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
mesc soluble in? Options

panoramix
#1 Posted : 2/9/2010 9:06:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i whas reding some sizzle on the net and fount that mesc is soluble more polor solvents than nonpolar so alcehole wold work great.
Quote:
Mescaline has a melting point of 320 C at STP, is a white crystalline substance, taking the form of long, needle shaped structures. Will form a carbonate after absorbing CO2 from the air. The molecular weight of mescaline is 211.25, it is composed of C 62.54%, H 8.11%, N 6.63%, O 22.72%, chemically C11H17NO3. Mescaline is moderately soluble in water; soluble in alcohol, chloroform or benzene. Practically insoluble in ether or petroleum ether.

so wold it be posble to make a resin with like IPA99% not like on a stove becouse IPA99% is very flameble. this wold give less fats and more alks in les time. and you wil need less then resin so if caping is the thing you could cap them.

(so wold this work)

greeder pano
Panoramix, the honorable druid. With his golden knife he cuts his herbs, with which he prepares his famous magic potion.

And he knows many other secret recipe,,,

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Phlux-
#2 Posted : 2/9/2010 9:10:03 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

it would but iv never had potent alcahol extracts of cactus - they always lack something.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

panoramix
#3 Posted : 2/9/2010 9:14:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hola

if swim wold acidfy it and with vinagar/hcl to get mesc acidade/hcl(like a fasa with mumaric dmt)(but then with vinigar/hcl) to crash out the mesc xtals out of the ipa99%, wold be beter then freebase.

Quote:
it would but iv never had potent alcahol extracts of cactus - they always lack something
dont you have bad cacti than,.

greeder pano
Panoramix, the honorable druid. With his golden knife he cuts his herbs, with which he prepares his famous magic potion.

Phlux-
#4 Posted : 2/9/2010 9:28:41 AM

The Root

hrmm

i dont have bad cacti i grow my own - my most enjoyable ones sit at about 3.5%

- experiment dude - id dig to see how this all goes.
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

69ron
#5 Posted : 2/9/2010 9:46:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't use IPA, or ethanol. The mescaline salt in the cactus is not very soluble in either. It's much better to use water, unless you freebase the mescaline first. If the mescaline is freebased, then alcohol works fine. It's a salt in the cacti, and not freebase.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

panoramix
#6 Posted : 2/9/2010 9:54:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

breanstorm

make a resin with water
base with sodium carb
pull with ethanol
crash out xtals with ethanol/hcl salution

wold this work

69ron
#7 Posted : 2/9/2010 9:58:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mescaline HCl is insoluble in 99% IPA. I'm not sure about ethanol though.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

panoramix
#8 Posted : 2/9/2010 10:18:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Mescaline HCl is insoluble in 99% IPA. I'm not sure about ethanol though.

Quote:
Mescaline has a melting point of 320 C at STP, is a white crystalline substance, taking the form of long, needle shaped structures. Will form a carbonate after absorbing CO2 from the air. The molecular weight of mescaline is 211.25, it is composed of C 62.54%, H 8.11%, N 6.63%, O 22.72%, chemically C11H17NO3. Mescaline is moderately soluble in water; soluble in alcohol, chloroform or benzene. Practically insoluble in ether or petroleum ether.

mesc and hcl is solible in ethanol so i wold tink + en + is - so it wold be in solble. or is this wrong logic Razz

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 2/9/2010 10:36:03 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

panoramix wrote:
i whas reding some sizzle on the net and fount that mesc is soluble more polor solvents than nonpolar so alcehole wold work great.
Quote:

so wold it be posble to make a resin with like IPA99% not like on a stove becouse IPA99% is very flameble. this wold give less fats and more alks in les time. and you wil need less then resin so if caping is the thing you could cap them.

(so wold this work)

greeder pano

Panoramix,

The quote is a bit incorrect - it refers to freebase mescaline and the melting point is 32 C, not 320. As a freebase it is soluble in the above mentioned solvents, yes.

The use of IPA is intended for extracting cactus or freebased mescaline from cactus? In any way, IPA will pull more fats and does not dissolve the mescaline salts in the cactus amazingly, so if you use IPA to make resin you'll have more fats and oils and less mescaline.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

panoramix
#10 Posted : 2/9/2010 10:47:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
breanstorm

make a resin with water
base with sodium carb
pull with ethanol
crash out xtals with ethanol/hcl salution

wold this work

Quote:
In any way, IPA will pull more fats and does not dissolve the mescaline salts in the cactus amazingly

wold this wor bether then becouse its freebased an not in a sold so i cold pull with ethanole and then acidfy it agean to mesc HCl, and it wil crash out of the ethanool becouse it is in salt for after acid is edit. so insten xtals i wold sey

Phlux-
#11 Posted : 2/9/2010 11:05:21 AM

The Root

this thread is getting action and i cant not take advantage of that - i have to pop this question in here
ron - u said mesc freebase was soluble in acetone in ur mesc solubility thread - how soluble is it ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

panoramix
#12 Posted : 2/9/2010 11:13:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
this thread is getting action and i cant not take advantage of that - i have to pop this question in here
ron - u said mesc freebase was soluble in acetone in ur mesc solubility thread - how soluble is it ?

Quote:
why iso? mescaline is extremely soluble in iso at room temp
why acetone? mescaline isn't soluble(ok it is but barely) in room temp tone

this could be done with acetone alone but, you would have to heat it to dissolve your mescaline

so not so solube.

gredder

panoramix
#13 Posted : 2/9/2010 11:37:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so this is what im going to try out when i have my cacit

make a resin with water( evap totaly)
base with sodium carb(ad sodium carb add abidwater to make a past let i dry)
pull with IPA99%
crash out xtals with IPA99@/hcl salution

xtals wil crash out becouse mesc in salt for is not solible in IPA99%

greeder

Phlux-
#14 Posted : 2/9/2010 11:44:36 AM

The Root

im currently doing the above - with acetone and lime tho.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

endlessness
#15 Posted : 2/9/2010 11:46:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

let us know how it work... resin has a weird consistence, though, I really dont know how easy it is to make paste with sodium carbonate, but sounds like an interesting experiment that you are doing.

what about mescaline fumarate or citrate or acetate? Are they soluble in IPA? would be nice to crash out a salt form of mescaline with food-safe chems

panoramix
#16 Posted : 2/9/2010 11:54:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i wil try this shizzle in a manth or so

it read somware thet acetate is not solible in IPA but fumaric is but fumaric mesc whas not thet potent.

plux wrote:

acetone is a bad solvent fotr mesc only if it very hot and you need alot of acetone for lo yeild mesc

Phlux-
#17 Posted : 2/9/2010 12:02:53 PM

The Root

im not sure thats too true pano - cacti extractions have too many variables and im not sure how many times its been tried.
il test it myself Smile
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

panoramix
#18 Posted : 2/9/2010 12:58:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
im not sure thats too true pano - cacti extractions have too many variables and im not sure how many times its been tried.
il test it myself Smile

whell tel me you result acetone is alot chaper then IPA so i wold like to know Very happy

Infundibulum
#19 Posted : 2/9/2010 2:07:10 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

panoramix wrote:
i wil try this shizzle in a manth or so

it read somware thet acetate is not solible in IPA but fumaric is but fumaric mesc whas not thet potent.

Dude, what is wrong with your spelling?

Please do try to type more clearly! Many people here do not speak English as a native language.

panoramix wrote:
plux wrote:

acetone is a bad solvent fotr mesc only if it very hot and you need alot of acetone for lo yeild mesc

Panoramix you are getting confused here. Mescaline salts are not very soluble in acetone. Mescaline chloride and mescaline sulfate are almost insoluble on acetone for instance, whereas other salts like mescaline fumarate and mescaline acetate are somewhat soluble in it.

What phlux is doing is pulling freebase mescaline from a lime/resin paste (first wet, then dried) using acetone and then acidifying this acetone. This is a good idea, since freebase mescaline is soluble in acetone, just as it is solubble in ethanol, chloroform, benzene, limonene and xylene.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

panoramix
#20 Posted : 2/9/2010 3:12:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a chill

thenkx

sorry for my crappy english i do my best but im verry dislectic and im from the nederlands

so english is not my native language. its hart for me to type but ity is gething better every day.

greeder panoramix

12NEXT