We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Some Datura Photos for Datura Lovers. Options

emong
#1 Posted : 1/14/2022 2:42:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Greeting Friends:

Okay, this is the last lot for today...it takes my computer a long time to upload the photographs.

Between the daturas there are hidden a couple of small brugmansias.

Please enjoy.

Kind regards and respect.
emong attached the following image(s):
Datura.and.Brugmansia.Bed.stripped.png (990kb) downloaded 111 time(s).
Datura.Flower.stripped.png (766kb) downloaded 111 time(s).
Datura.Flower.2.stripped.png (898kb) downloaded 110 time(s).
Vi veri vniversvm vivvs vici.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

breathingneon
#2 Posted : 2/10/2022 4:04:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful flowers!

I'd been gifted some seeds, but wasn't able to get them to germinate sadly.
How long have you been growing them?
"In the dark and the deep there are truths that can always heal"

SkunK
#3 Posted : 2/10/2022 7:06:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some of my favorite flowers to grow. They make some lovely patio flowers with some fragrant scents... Love a lazy night chilling on the patio when they are in full bloom!

Just started a few of my own specimens.... Been a rough couple years over this way and have struggled to enjoy my gardening hobbies..

breathingneon wrote:
Beautiful flowers!

If your having trouble getting seeds to germinat. Try some cold stratification on the seeds. Works really well for most seed,. Especially if it's gone dormant! Simply place in a fridge for a few weeks to a few months depending on seeds. 🙃
The best time to sow a seed was 5 years ago.... the next best time is right now.

emong
#4 Posted : 2/15/2022 12:01:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

breathingneon wrote:
Beautiful flowers!

Hello breathingneon:

It is nice to hear from you.

I have been growing daturas for about fifteen years now; however, this particular bed has been in place for about two years. They are beautiful plants...they have a wonderfully intoxicating aroma after sunset that fills the whole garden!

I don't have the expertise to use them in an entheogenic manner but in very low doses as a tincture or if you extract the alkaloids, I have found them very useful for nausea, vertigo and stomach cramps. I supose that they would be useful in an end-of-the-world anaesthetic situation but fortunately, I haven't had to get to that level yet! Wink

Sometimes they are difficult to germinate but the seeds persist in the soil for a few years and will suddenly pop up after a cold snap (sort of like cold-stratification). Have patience and keep trying, they might suddenly surprise you.

Kind regards and respect.
Vi veri vniversvm vivvs vici.

RoundAbout
#5 Posted : 2/15/2022 7:39:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been growing datura, originally from some wild seeds. I had really high germination rates after scarifying and cold stratifying the seeds (nick and scratch the seed coat with a knife, toss it in some damp sand and leave it covered in the fridge for a while... I think I maybe did a month?). I had pretty poor germination rates when treating them like tomatoes.

I have far more seeds than I need now, even though only two seed pods matured last year. Not an ideal climate here, but a lot of flowers anyways.

Thanks for the pictures, the flowers are a lot more colourful than mine.