We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Myrrh Terpene Isolates {Can You Help Me} ? Options

Guardian
#1 Posted : 1/1/2022 2:31:10 PM

alien ambassador

Mods kindly move this thread if it is not in the right place.

I am requesting the help of any chemistry buffs that may happen to read this thread.
A long time ago an ethnobotanical company offered a "Myrrh Terpene Isolates" product
which came in the form of a light greyish rocky powder.
Bioassay revealed relaxing and heady opioid buzz (likely due to the Delta Opioid receptor action).
After the company went under due to the FDA warning I have been unable to find similar products since.

From what I can deduce, a simple Isopropanol extraction of the powdered myrrh can yield much of the
psychoactive terpenes and pull out the gummy plant material which is not miscible(?) OR soluble.
Hexane was also suggested as a solvent, but I question whether it would yield substantially better than the rubbing alcohol.
Now, I heard some inklings suggesting some constituents can be toxic in large amounts;
I need to learn more about which compounds are OK and which may be harmful.
I will update the thread with replies as I learn more.

To the chemistry experts of the Nexus (If you are able to help out)
Would a simple 91% - or 100% via Anhydrous epsom salt deduction--isopropyl alcohol extraction be sufficient to produce
a myrrh terpene isolate? Also, can you explain additional steps to refine the end-product?

Many thanks to anyone who can offer advice or any opinion at all.
Peace Love & Hyperspace
-Guardian
The more you try to know, the more mysterious life gets..

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 8/13/2022 10:21:15 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Did you ever try this?

I'd imagine dry IPA would do the trick.

It would be good if you could include a safety warning with this topic as myrrh actives should not be combined with harmalas (risk of serotonin syndrome).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli