We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Simultaneous Production of Psilocybin and a Cocktail of β‐Carboline Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors in Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 12/29/2021 3:05:43 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Simultaneous Production of Psilocybin and a Cocktail of β‐Carboline Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors in 'Magic' Mushrooms
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 1/1/2022 8:18:48 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

This is an excitation scan, from 208 nm to 360 nm, Em 440 nm.

Different mobile phase (50 mM Amm. Acetate, ACN). It coincides with the results reported in this paper.
benzyme attached the following image(s):
psilo extract in ACN.jpg (254kb) downloaded 84 time(s).
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

highlightprotein
#3 Posted : 1/1/2022 11:12:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Do I understand correctly that they are saying mushrooms contain MAOIs that potentiate psilocybin?

My understanding was that mushrooms contain no MAOIs. Is this a new discovery or is this old news?

benzyme
#4 Posted : 1/1/2022 11:43:21 PM

analytical chemist

It is a recent (2020) discovery. Beta-carbolines are a latter by-product of tryptophan metabolism, via Pictet-Spengler cyclization. This may either be achieved enzymatically, or thermodynamically with H+ and a methylating reagent.

Quetzal7
#5 Posted : 1/3/2022 8:33:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I couldn't see any clear quantitative data ; we speaking about how much IMAO here ?
Any practical interpretation would be welcome =)