We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Ganja And DMT: Do They Mix? Options

DOS
#1 Posted : 2/9/2010 4:27:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have to stop smoking ganja because it somehow blocks DMT from working. These past two months I smoked more Mary J than ever, and each time I tried vaping some spice I would get nowhere. The visuals decreased until yesterday when I got ZERO yes ZERO visuals. I couldn't believe it...even with the dark jungle, even with Sally D! I could feel the spice plug in as usual, but now I feel a resistance within my chemistry that no doubt comes from ganja, and it quickly inactivates the DMT.

I'm puzzled because I've read that ganja and DMT mix well with others, but unfortunately this is not true with me. Are there any others here that have the same problem?
Every post made past, present, and future by DiscipleofSpice is purely fiction.
Reality is in the eye of the beholder.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 2/9/2010 7:54:13 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I am a near daily cannabis user, and I have never noticed any diminished effects with my dmt trips, except for my ability to recall what happened immediatly after it happened. Granted, my near daily use is generally limited to the evening and a relatively small quantity, I did the baked all day every day thing a couple years ago and found that it makes for a really fucked up relationship with Mary Jane, I don't get why people do it, but hey, to each their own.

I have noticed better recall when I take breaks, but as to effecting the experience itself, maybe a slight decrease in vividness or vibrancy is all i've noticed, but I've had many a breakthrough trip while either stoned or after having smoked earlier in the day. After using my glass vaporizer for a while, I wanted a less intense/more grounded experience and began rolling joints sprinkled with spice. I found this to be a great experience as well, but again, the effects of the spice seemed to be limited more by the amount i put in the joint rather than the cannabis itself. Sorry I can't be of more help, are you sure its the weed? Have their been any other pharmaceutical/physiological in your life as of late?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

DOS
#3 Posted : 2/11/2010 1:41:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Sorry I can't be of more help, are you sure its the weed? Have their been any other pharmaceutical/physiological in your life as of late?

Yes, I'm sure its the ganja. I do not take any pharmaceuticals, and there has been no change in the frequency in which I use DMT. Ganja is very psychedelic to me even if I smoke her every day. Two tokes of no matter what kind of weed, and I see full on pulsating patterns, and a salvia-like gravitational pull.

Back when I first tried the ganja/DMT combo I learned that for me ganja is the dominant force and the DMT visuals had to sort of leak through the ganja patterns. This I didn't like so I never bothered with the combo again, but recently I tried DMT two days after the last toke of weed...it was blocked all together. I need to wait until its out of my system completely, and then hopefully the spice will once again work in me unhindered...if not then I have a big problem on my hands, because I love the spirit molecule!

Redguard
#4 Posted : 2/12/2010 3:09:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Do you have a strong marijuana tolerance? I smoke weed pretty much every day and have no problems melting my face on dmt. Maybe if you have a low tolerance to weed and feel its effects much more, and when you do smoke dmt the weed overpowers it? It's pretty strange either way, maybe its just a mental thing?
“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

jamie
#5 Posted : 2/12/2010 3:38:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

i still got off when i smoked daily...but i found that it made the after glow of the DMT less enjoyable and more unpleasant with a real edgyness to it..maybe from the harmalas in the changa..cannabis has a thing with giving me mild anxiety..

Also i fing that my DMT trips in general are just better now that i dont smoke becasue when i smoked weed all day i was tried and burned out all the time..it sort of dulled the trip and made it more pointless feeling..almost like it downregulated the recalibration aspect i now feel from the tryptamines..I really like what tryptamines do for me now with cannabis out of the way..soooo so so much better.
Long live the unwoke.

dtabbler
#6 Posted : 2/12/2010 5:52:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you have the wrong pot for smoking dmt with. many different strains of cannabis create different effects. from that "stoney" feeling to the "head high" or psychedelic. I would highly suggest investing in the cannabible, buy all of them if you choose, but they will enlighten you as to the different varieties of this wonderful plant and their individual notes. I try to keep 3-4 different types of cannabis on hand for different settings. you could even just be as basic by separating indicas and sativas, or at least blends that are primaraly one or the other. ALSO i find that OUTDOOR grown is considerably better imo. some like hydro but i think you lose alot of flavor.

edit: heres a link to the website! http://www.thecannabible.com/
Who's this SWIM person and when do I get to meet them? They sound friken cool!

jamie
#7 Posted : 2/12/2010 6:00:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yeah diff strains do have diff effects..but for some people cannabis is just not for them..to tell someone they just have the wrong pot is a bit biased..

I smoked for years and grew diff strains at at the end of the day THC is THC..other cannabinoids modultate the effects sure but i would still feel the same effects 2-3 hour after smoking no matter what..I was still addicted and smoked continuousily even though i wsa getting anxiety from it reguardless of the strain..didnt matter if i had sativa or indica..I was still always burned out and felt that it dulled alot of aspects to life that feel much sharper and clearer now.
Long live the unwoke.

dtabbler
#8 Posted : 2/12/2010 6:09:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I will agree that THC is THC, however cannabidiol (CBD), cannabinol (CBN) and tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) some of the other MAJOR cannabinoids found in cannabis DRASTICALLY alter the effects.

POT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE - i agree with this as well, however different amounts of the 60+ other cannabinoids in cannabis can give totally different effects. it all depends on quantities and ratios of the whole picture.

i've smoked stuff that has given me vivid psychedlic experiences with no come down effect. and i've had "ditch weed" with that wonderfully painful headache afterwards (hey gotta try as much as i can for science sake!)

Espiridion
#9 Posted : 2/18/2010 4:40:15 AM

--who.??..ME??--

I agree with dtabbler. I have smoked many varieties and have noticed drastic differences in effect. I am no regular smoker these days but can attest to the truth of it and agree that perhaps the OP DOES have the wrong pot.

I don't believe it to be 'biased' at all. Thats like saying rue and caapi aren't different in their respective effects.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion and this is a forum. That is mine.Very happy

Peace,

Espiridion
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

ismokecrystals
#10 Posted : 2/18/2010 5:40:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DiscipleofSpice wrote:
I have to stop smoking ganja because it somehow blocks DMT from working. These past two months I smoked more Mary J than ever, and each time I tried vaping some spice I would get nowhere. The visuals decreased until yesterday when I got ZERO yes ZERO visuals. I couldn't believe it...even with the dark jungle, even with Sally D! I could feel the spice plug in as usual, but now I feel a resistance within my chemistry that no doubt comes from ganja, and it quickly inactivates the DMT.

I'm puzzled because I've read that ganja and DMT mix well with others, but unfortunately this is not true with me. Are there any others here that have the same problem?

I am a HEAVY HEAVY marijuana smoker. I smoke upwards of 3.5g of medicinal grade bud daily.

It DOES negatively effect my spice trips, look at previous posts of mine. I have had to stop using spice because of the experiences; no visuals but a pseudo-dreaming state. I would have "visions" of REAL people, and REAL things. Not geometric patterns and fractals, humans with faces.

dtabbler
#11 Posted : 2/18/2010 5:56:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ismokecrystals wrote:

I am a HEAVY HEAVY marijuana smoker. I smoke upwards of 3.5g of medicinal grade bud daily.

dude really? That's an average around here of $3-500 per week depending on quality and quantity bought. Personally I only get the good stuff straight from the source who I know pretty well and that's just obscene. Im not trying to judge or anything but why do you smoke so much lol!?

SnozzleBerry
#12 Posted : 2/18/2010 6:05:22 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

dtabbler wrote:
ismokecrystals wrote:

dude really? That's an average around here of $3-500 per week depending on quality and quantity bought. Personally I only get the good stuff straight from the source who I know pretty well and that's just obscene. Im not trying to judge or anything but why do you smoke so much lol!?

Maybe he grows his own...maybe he's got a buddy who grows, maybe he's got a phat paycheck...

Personally I only grow the good stuff straight from the source, hehe...I can't wait to share my current scrog grow with you guys. Even with ismokecrystals' habit the single plant I've got going would last about 4 months (assuming all goes well).
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

dtabbler
#13 Posted : 2/18/2010 6:22:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Growing your own would make it financially feasible, i just think smoking that quantity per day would almost require work! between me and a few close friends we occasionally TRY to smoke 7g during the course of a day split between 3-4 people and often times are unable to or just plain dont care after a bit! unless we are being "wasteful" and smoking big fat joints the whole time.

Snozzle, feel free to come over here and share! maybe we can swap varieties!

SnozzleBerry
#14 Posted : 2/18/2010 6:34:06 PM

omnia sunt communia!

true, even in my most chimney like stages I probably didn't get over 2-2.5 grams daily, but 3.5 totally possible when you're smoking all day long. I mean, at that point its like you need to smoke to avoid the comedown of your prior smokes. However, this comes with a whole myriad of other effects that I don't think are worthwhile or at the very least, were wrong for my neurochemistry.

As it is now i smoke probably about 4-7 times a week and rarely do i use more than .5g to 1g in a day.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

ismokecrystals
#15 Posted : 2/19/2010 6:27:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I usually smoke like a quarter gram of hash oil with about a gram of bud a day. I tried to standardize units.

dtabbler
#16 Posted : 2/19/2010 3:42:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha that's much more realistic sounding to me! I've smoked a gram of quality bubbly ice hash on top of a gram of pot once. That was more then I neede for sure but was interesting for sure! I've never had good hash oil Sad

SnozzleBerry
#17 Posted : 2/19/2010 4:04:26 PM

omnia sunt communia!

dtabbler wrote:
I've never had good hash oil Sad

If you've got even decent bud, you can make your own pretty easily...if you're comfortable with dmt extractions you should be comfortable with essential oil extractions...
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Aegle
#18 Posted : 2/19/2010 4:42:41 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

I think it varies greatly from person to person, but for me personally I try not to smoke Ganja often at all. I maybe smoke some really clear Sativa or Hash every 3 or 4 months or so even if that. As I find if I smoke Ganja more often it seems to narrow and disconnect me from my entheogen experiences. This is one of the many reasons I regulate my Ganja smoking sessions.

Much Peace and Happiness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

DOS
#19 Posted : 2/20/2010 6:47:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
i still got off when i smoked daily...but i found that it made the after glow of the DMT less enjoyable and more unpleasant with a real edgyness to it..maybe from the harmalas in the changa..cannabis has a thing with giving me mild anxiety..

Also i fing that my DMT trips in general are just better now that i dont smoke becasue when i smoked weed all day i was tried and burned out all the time..it sort of dulled the trip and made it more pointless feeling..almost like it downregulated the recalibration aspect i now feel from the tryptamines..I really like what tryptamines do for me now with cannabis out of the way..soooo so so much better.

Those were my thoughts exactly while spiraling downward into a ganja vortex where DMT cannot reach me.

Aegle wrote:
I think it varies greatly from person to person, but for me personally I try not to smoke Ganja often at all. I maybe smoke some really clear Sativa or Hash every 3 or 4 months or so even if that. As I find if I smoke Ganja more often it seems to narrow and disconnect me from my entheogen experiences. This is one of the many reasons I regulate my Ganja smoking sessions.

Yet another testimony...

Espiridion wrote:
It DOES negatively effect my spice trips, look at previous posts of mine.

And another...maybe smoking ganja should be added to the list of things not to do in order to help one with breaking through or while working with DMT in general, that is if the user has tried all that is recommended and is still having no luck.

I tried some spice a couple days ago. All I got was a couple moments of the DMT room makeover, and then a painful headache. It's very frustrating because I used to have such a good relationship with DMT, and then ganja had to fuck it all up. I guess it's my fault for smoking too much. I do however feel much better since I stopped for spice sake.

I didn't realize til after the fact that I posted this topic in the wrong section. Mods feel free to move this thread.

#20 Posted : 2/20/2010 7:00:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Not to go against the grain..

I don't smoke cannabis that often. Maybe once every week. A bowl or so..

I have traveled extensively through the luminous quantum grid and it's inhabitants.

I've smoked cannabis before traveling off and have just without. The bowl or so that ive smoked beforehand doesn'r seem to bother my experience.

But if you smoke pretty often, then yeahh..it probably affects the hyperspace experience.

Everyones reaction could be different

~luminous travels

12NEXT