We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What IS that smell?? Options

bismillah
#1 Posted : 12/28/2021 2:46:17 AM

My Personalized Tag

Hey guys,

Tried some of my own shrooms today, and I'm starting to notice something. (Now I understand the childish joy of growing! But I digress.)

I've only done shrooms 3 times, but each time my sense of smell has been all weird for hours or days after. Last time, I took a tea, and everything had a lemon shroom tinge for the remainder of that week. Now I ate some freshies this morning and I am pursued by the faint odour of curdled milk everywhere I go.

Anyone share this experience? It's kinda gross... makes me feel like my airways are dirty.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 12/28/2021 6:26:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My whole house smells like fresh mushroom whenever I open and break up spawn jars to make tubs. Also when I harvest the mushrooms. That's about it. I haven't noticed any olfactory effects from taking them, aside from the usual psychedelic induced synesthesia type stuff.

Happy you are having success with your cubes!! Stop by my grow thread and share some pictures!!
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 1/4/2022 2:47:38 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

How's your oral hygiene and gum health? Have you had any teeth extracted in recent years? It is my suspicion at least that this may have something to to do with 'olfactory lock' on occasion.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Pile of cats
#4 Posted : 2/17/2022 6:36:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My partner and I had covid (as did pretty much everyone close to us) and we were all fine though she completely lost her sense of taste and smell and as it's starting to come back, she's complained of the exact same thing.. there's a persistent sour milk smell in her nose.

Have you had covid lately? might not be related to the mushrooms..

Someone explained to me why it is that the loss of smell happens and that it's something to do with some helper cell to the nerves in your nose dying.. as they begin to come back, it all can be a bit strange. I doubt mushrooms could do anything like that though on their own.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 2/17/2022 10:58:15 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
Someone explained to me why it is that the loss of smell happens and that it's something to do with some helper cell to the nerves in your nose dying.. as they begin to come back, it all can be a bit strange. I doubt mushrooms could do anything like that though on their own.
Psilocybin stimulates neurogenesis so there could be a link to neural regrowth either in the olfactory receptors or in the olfactory regions of the brain.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Dirty T
#6 Posted : 2/18/2022 8:32:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Something I have found unique to psylocibin is the sensual disphoria that it can cause where I smell sounds or colors and hear scents, etc... It's not a common occurrence but can happen, maybe this is what you're experiencing?

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 2/18/2022 9:30:40 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Dirty T wrote:
Something I have found unique to psylocibin is the sensual disphoria that it can cause where I smell sounds or colors and hear scents, etc... It's not a common occurrence but can happen, maybe this is what you're experiencing?

This reminds me of the first time I saw "chip shop chips" (effectively UK thick-cut fries sold at a fried fish shop, for you transpondians) while on a healthy dose of liberty caps. I was filled with an all-penetrating sensation of awfulness as the chips (fries) looked like a pile of decomposing maggots. The physical sensation of revulsion was quite remarkable.

Guten appetit!

dragonrider
#8 Posted : 2/19/2022 8:34:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it's a sort of olfactory dissociation. We normally categorize everything automatically. It has been demonstrated repeatedly that how something looks influences the taste of it, or rather, how we perceive the taste and smell of it.

Psychedelics disrupt that process. Things no longer look, sound, taste or smell, like they are "supposed to".

bismillah
#9 Posted : 2/20/2022 4:43:09 AM

My Personalized Tag

Actually, yeah, I did have COVID and I did lose olfactory perception. That was right before I started doing shrooms, and the sourness got better with each succesive trip... makes sense.

I've tripped a whole bunch since and forgot all about the sour smell. My smell has returned also.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.