We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mescaline Redosing Strategies? Options

highlightprotein
#1 Posted : 12/18/2021 7:44:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm brand new to Mescaline, using CIELO mescaline citrate. I have done 50mg, 150mg, and 200mg without much effects. I want to take it very slowly, as I am a bit afraid of psychedelics.

I just took 300mg before starting this post.

I'm curious if it would be a good idea to redose if I'm not really feeling the effects that strongly. I've had bad experiences redosing mushrooms in the past, so I figured I would ask the people here that have more experienced than me.

Is there a minimum amount of time you would wait before redosing? I fast about 15-16 hours before taking mescaline or mushrooms, if that makes a difference. Last time on 200mg I suppose I started feeling a tiny amount of underlying anxiety around the 1:15 mark, and by 2:00 I thought the anxiety was certainly not placebo. So it seems mescaline takes a long time to kick in. Shrooms start kicking in for me around 30', and are peaking by 0:50 to 1:10 I would say.

If mescaline takes a long time to kick in, doesn't that make redosing a bit tricky? For example say after 2 hours you think you have not taken enough, and then you take a booster dose. It will take 2 hours for your booster dose to kick in, right? By that time perhaps your original dose is wearing off?

Is there a maximum booster dose you would be willing to take, relative to your starting dose? For example, today I just took 300mg. I assume a booster of 300mg is too much. Would a 50mg booster be insufficient?

If you wanted to take multiple boosters, how would you space them out? Every hour, every 2 hours?

Thanks.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

shroombee
#2 Posted : 12/18/2021 8:51:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

highlightprotein wrote:
I'm brand new to Mescaline, using CIELO mescaline citrate. I have done 50mg, 150mg, and 200mg without much effects. I want to take it very slowly, as I am a bit afraid of psychedelics.

I just took 300mg before starting this post.

300mg mescaline citrate from CIELO is equivalent to ~186mg mescaline HCl (300mg x 62%). That is a light dose, so your doses of 50, 150, and 200mg would barely be threshold.

Quote:
I'm curious if it would be a good idea to redose if I'm not really feeling the effects that strongly. I've had bad experiences redosing mushrooms in the past, so I figured I would ask the people here that have more experienced than me.

Is there a minimum amount of time you would wait before redosing? I fast about 15-16 hours before taking mescaline or mushrooms, if that makes a difference. Last time on 200mg I suppose I started feeling a tiny amount of underlying anxiety around the 1:15 mark, and by 2:00 I thought the anxiety was certainly not placebo. So it seems mescaline takes a long time to kick in. Shrooms start kicking in for me around 30', and are peaking by 0:50 to 1:10 I would say.

I also fast before taking any psychedelics and your timing for shrooms is the same as mine. Mescaline does take a long time to kick in. In my most recent journey, it took 4 hours to reach the peak. I boosted the trip (by recycling) at T +5:30.

I understand you are hesitant with your mescaline dosing because of your experience with mushrooms. Mescaline is very different. It is gentle until you get into higher doses (at least 500 mg mescaline HCl).

Quote:
If mescaline takes a long time to kick in, doesn't that make redosing a bit tricky? For example say after 2 hours you think you have not taken enough, and then you take a booster dose. It will take 2 hours for your booster dose to kick in, right? By that time perhaps your original dose is wearing off?

Mescaline lasts at least 12 hours, so your boosters would be enhancing the effects of the first dose.

Quote:
Is there a maximum booster dose you would be willing to take, relative to your starting dose? For example, today I just took 300mg. I assume a booster of 300mg is too much. Would a 50mg booster be insufficient?

If you wanted to take multiple boosters, how would you space them out? Every hour, every 2 hours?

Thanks.

50mg is insufficient for a booster. A 300mg booster would actually be fine to reach a nice solid/strong trip. Based on what appears to be your having average sensitivity to shrooms and mescaline, you will be fine dosing at least another 150 mg of mescaline citrate (equivalent to 93 mg mescaline HCl). Thus your total would be equivalent to 186+93 = 279mg mescaline HCl, still a "common" dose, not even at the strong level yet.

I suggest waiting 4-5 hours after your first dose, and if you want to enhance the journey, dose the additional 150mg. And after 2-3 hours if you're still wanting to go further, try another 150 mg. You can also recycle to boost your trip, but perhaps that's best saved for another discussion.

Trust and let go, you will be totally fine. See you on the other side. Smile

highlightprotein
#3 Posted : 12/18/2021 10:45:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Shroombee. I'm about 3 hours in now, and not feeling all that much. I will wait until the 4th or 5th hour before deciding to redose. Although I'm pretty hungry now, so I'm not sure if I can make it today.

What is recycling?

shroombee
#4 Posted : 12/18/2021 11:14:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

highlightprotein wrote:
Thanks Shroombee. I'm about 3 hours in now, and not feeling all that much. I will wait until the 4th or 5th hour before deciding to redose. Although I'm pretty hungry now, so I'm not sure if I can make it today.

What is recycling?

You can eat and still redose. In the past I've prepared for my mescaline journeys by stocking up on various fruits and even picking up sushi.

Recycling is drinking your urine. A lot of the mescaline is excreted in your urine unchanged. It definitely boosts and extends the trip and it is somewhat of a spiritual experience. Urine therapy is an ancient Ayurveda practice, which is actually where I learned it. I acknowledge you have to be a bit experimental to consider this practice and most would rather consume more "virgin" mescaline instead.

Grey Fox
#5 Posted : 12/18/2021 11:52:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope that you're having a good trip HLP, with not too much anxiety.

What did you decide to do? Did you re-dose?

How is your trip going? Have the effects kicked in more?

Sending you good thoughts friend.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

highlightprotein
#6 Posted : 12/19/2021 6:01:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Grey Fox wrote:
What did you decide to do? Did you re-dose?

How is your trip going? Have the effects kicked in more?

I decided to not redose. I know lots of people say I shouldn't be afraid of mescaline, but I've had bad experiences before on mushrooms and 2c-e and some others which makes me hesitate.

Today I basically just felt a kind of underlying anxiety. It wasn't too strong, nothing I couldn't handle. But I did not get anything positive out of the experience. Perhaps I just need to take a higher dose. I did 200mg last week, and 300mg today, but don't really feel it. I've been trying at this for about a month now but have so far not been successful.

Shrombee wrote:
Recycling is drinking your urine. A lot of the mescaline is excreted in your urine unchanged.

That is interesting, I wonder why so much is excreted without being metabolized. Is that a peculiar trait of mescaline or is that pretty normal for all drugs? Does that explain why we need to take so much mescaline compared to other drugs, because our bodies do not efficiently metabolize it?

Loveall
#7 Posted : 12/19/2021 9:25:28 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

HLP, I think anxiety can push away the effects of mescaline. For me, the effects of lower doses show up more if I lay down, relax my breath, and focus inward. Looking at brightly colored paintings can be interesting too.

I'm sorry you feel anxious. What has helped me a lot is having a friend I can trust with me. It makes a huge difference for me.

Slow metabolism does not explain why larger doses are needed (slow metabolism is a factor that would lower the dose). I think blood-brain barrier absorption is an important factor for.mescalome we'd need to look it up - along with receptor affinity. If you check google scholar, you may be able to find papers discussing these parameters. If blood-brain barrier is a factor, adding mannitol could be interesting.

There are other drugs that have a significant % eliminated in urine. Muscimol is another famous example, and I believe rain deer and shaman urine is used traditionally (which could be related to Santa's sleigh).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Quetzal7
#8 Posted : 12/19/2021 9:27:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm , with mesc it's better to aim directly for the right dose ; the trip is already so long, by the end of it you just want fucking rest ^^ a redose will always extend it beyond confort, no ?
Urine recycling question : when is it convenient to do it ?
1h after ingestion is it already there ? or you need to wait 4h or so ?

Loveall
#9 Posted : 12/19/2021 10:08:24 PM

❤️‍🔥

Quetzal7 wrote:
Hmmm , with mesc it's better to aim directly for the right dose ; the trip is already so long, by the end of it you just want fucking rest ^^ a redose will always extend it beyond confort, no ?

According to this plot, ~12 hours. Recovery in seems roughly linear before that.

Alternative to redosing, is to extract the pee. Pee before dosing (discard) and collect pee during the first 12 hours after dosing.

PS: Regarding shamanic use of urine, there is an anthropological theory where Jesus turned water into wine by peeing in it.

highlightprotein
#10 Posted : 12/20/2021 6:29:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

We need to invent a pee extraction tek for mescaline Smile

Loveall
#11 Posted : 12/20/2021 11:01:39 AM

❤️‍🔥

highlightprotein wrote:
We need to invent a pee extraction tek for mescaline Smile

How about simply reducing the pee to a smaller volume and using that instead of water in a CIELO extraction? Average pee volume over 12h is 750ml. May work, but probably better to do the boiling/reduction of pee outside. Low yielding cuzco or PC powder could be a good test vehicle.

If it does work, one could extract 100g of cactus with CIELO. Keep the pee from their resulting 2 to 4+ trips. Then reduce all the trippy pee to 300ml and use it in the next extraction. Yield should be boosted by 75% (looking at the previous post). Combine with reused EA for the ultimate green TEK.

This could be repeated. Second batch would give more trips and more pee volume reduction is needed, but each time the yield would be boosted.

It would be more for practical for people taking higher doses with less pee to reduce.

The general formula after n iterations with a fraction of mescaline r in pee follows a geometric series

Yield Boost = (1-r^n)/(1-r)

For r = 0.75 this converges to a 4x yield (with a lot of pee reduction).

Of course, at some point reducing the pee volume is impractical. Another alternative is to do an A/B on the pee directly.

Loveall
#12 Posted : 12/20/2021 7:47:22 PM

❤️‍🔥

Another option would be to base the pee and extract with xylene, limonene, EA, etc. This could avoid pee volume reduction and the associated smell.

shroombee
#13 Posted : 12/20/2021 8:32:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quetzal7 wrote:

I like to dose before 9am so a 16 hour trip is done by 1am the next morning and I can get some sleep. I like recycling to boost and extend the trip, as I'm always having a good time on mescaline and want to take it further.

With recycling, I typically need to pee after ~6 hours, so that's when it happens. Then continue recycling a few more times as the need to pee arises. A typical non-recycling trip would be ~12 hours. My longest recycling trip has been maybe 18 hours.

To keep the volume down, I fast ahead of time, pee before dosing, no liquids after dosing.

shroombee
#14 Posted : 12/20/2021 8:46:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Another option would be to base the pee and extract with xylene, limonene, EA, etc. This could avoid pee volume reduction and the associated smell.

Years ago I based my trippy pee with lime and added limonene. A quick mix on the stir plate resulted in an emulsion/thick foam. I don't know how to describe it. Anyhow it didn't seem practical to decant the limonene.

Another experiment was basing the pee and letting it sit in a mason jar for a month or more. Excess lime(?) settled to the bottom. A thin layer of whitish xtals(?) floated to the top. It was like a thin layer of carmelized sugar on top of creme brulee. I didn't test these xtals. When disturbed, they sunk back down into the lime. I probably could have recovered the xtals had I been careful to fish them out from the surface.

Several months ago I dried trippy pee down to a sort of slush in my dehydrator. I couldn't get it to reduce further in the dehydrator. So I left it in there for a few months and it turned into goo, maybe the consistency of jam or slightly thicker. I've saved it, pending thoughts on an extraction tek. Volume is about 50 ml.

Loveall, your idea to use the urine in place of water for CIELO is interesting.

Loveall
#15 Posted : 12/20/2021 8:52:42 PM

❤️‍🔥

shroombee wrote:
Loveall wrote:

Years ago I based my trippy pee with lime and added limonene. A quick mix on the stir plate resulted in an emulsion/thick foam. I don't know how to describe it. Anyhow it didn't seem practical to decant the limonene.

Another experiment was basing the pee and letting it sit in a mason jar for a month or more. Excess lime(?) settled to the bottom. A thin layer of whitish xtals(?) floated to the top. It was like a thin layer of carmelized sugar on top of creme brulee. I didn't test these xtals. When disturbed, they sunk back down into the lime. I probably could have recovered the xtals had I been careful to fish them out.

Several months ago I dried trippy pee down to a sort of slush in my dehydrator. I couldn't get it to reduce further in the dehydrator. So I left it in there for a few months and it turned into goo, maybe the consistency of jam or slightly thicker. I've saved it, pending thoughts on an extraction tek. Volume is about 50 ml.

That's great info. I'll try basing with washing soda and pulling with EA.

Grey Fox
#16 Posted : 12/23/2021 12:14:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

highlightprotein wrote:

I decided to not redose. I know lots of people say I shouldn't be afraid of mescaline, but I've had bad experiences before on mushrooms and 2c-e and some others which makes me hesitate.

Today I basically just felt a kind of underlying anxiety. It wasn't too strong, nothing I couldn't handle. But I did not get anything positive out of the experience. Perhaps I just need to take a higher dose. I did 200mg last week, and 300mg today, but don't really feel it. I've been trying at this for about a month now but have so far not been successful.

If you're anxious about it then maybe right now isn't the best time to trip?

But if you are ready to try again then it sounds like its just a matter of upping the dose HLP. I'm not sure about mescaline citrate and proper dose levels. But what you have been doing sounds right. Keep going higher with the dose until you get to the intensity that you're looking for. Eventually you will get to a high enough level where you "feel it" with the strength that you're looking for.

As far as redosing with mescaline goes, its kind of a tricky one, because the come up is so drawn out, combined with the fact that the trip is so long. I've drank tea before and 6 hours later felt like the trip is still getting stronger. For me its dose dependent. Most of the time it feels like the trip peaks around 3 or 4 hours after consumption. Then there is a lengthy "plateau" period that lasts for hours. But on bigger doses the trip might not peak for 5 or 6 hours after consumption, and the plateau can be drawn out for many hours after that.

So redosing could really draw out the duration of a mescaline trip. Thats something to consider. It might be better just to ride it out without redosing. And then you have a frame of reference to build on for the next time. You will be more informed to get the dose level correct on that next try.

Personally I would not drink urine. Come on! The cacti keep making more mescaline everyday. Why drink your piss?

HLP if you keep having challenges getting there with mescaline citrate then another option to consider would be to make tea. Its very easy and effective. With tea its really all about the quality of the cuttings that you use. Its just a matter of selecting good quality cuttings, using enough material, and taking some time to brew the tea. Anyone can do it and it works everytime.

I wish you all the best on this journey HLP. I hope you find a good level to trip at and that it leads to the rewarding experiences that you're looking for. Much success on your journey HLP.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

RoundAbout
#17 Posted : 12/23/2021 6:54:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shroombee wrote:
Another experiment was basing the pee and letting it sit in a mason jar for a month or more. Excess lime(?) settled to the bottom. A thin layer of whitish xtals(?) floated to the top. It was like a thin layer of carmelized sugar on top of creme brulee. I didn't test these xtals. When disturbed, they sunk back down into the lime. I probably could have recovered the xtals had I been careful to fish them out from the surface.

Calcium carbonate precipitates from piss when the pH increases, which happens even without adding base (due to ammonia produced from the breakdown of urea, catalyzed by urease).

"It was like a thin layer of carmelized sugar on top of creme brulee." Laughing

roninsina
#18 Posted : 12/23/2021 8:53:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In another thread downwardsfromzero mentions that pomegranates contain ellagotannins which are carbonic anhydrase inhibitors which would, in turn potentiate phenethylamines.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost