We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Request advice with DMT naphtha in freezer. Options

wilspeak
#1 Posted : 12/14/2021 6:58:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is my very 1st time doing this DMT extraction, I used the STB Extraction method. However, I put the extracted naphtha in the freezer for 24 hours and I saw no change, so I read step 11 and it said I could take the extracted naphtha and sit it outside and let it naturally evaporate. Is letting extracted naphtha evaporate in partly covered glass plates outside a good method? Thank You in advance Smile
It was revealed to me that our Sun is a living and intelligent Being. Sacred Geometry is a Langauge.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

_Trip_
#2 Posted : 12/14/2021 8:20:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not a bad method you might have a few impurities evaporating but nothing to worry about.
If you put a fan on it, it'll help speed things up and potentially keep dust particles etc from falling in.

The freezer needs to be set at -20 degrees celcius and sometimes left longer than 24hours.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

ThomLi
#3 Posted : 12/14/2021 1:56:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you use a fair bit of naptha? Sometimes if you use a lot of naptha it wont be concentrated enough to crash out in the freezer. So use less is my advice.
An idea I have, is you could split the Naptha in two. Put half out to evaporate, and put the other half bark in the bark slurry. Make sure you REALLY shake it- like a polaroid picture- like maybe 10 or more minutes, multiple times. Then you should have a higher concentration of DMT and you can put it in the freezer and watch those crystals crash out. Last thing if you put the solution in a mason jar, flip it upside down, that way you don't get fumes in your freezer. Then when you leave it overnight you can unscrew the lid and the DMT will be stuck to the metal lid. Good luck and keep us posted how it goes.

null24
#4 Posted : 12/14/2021 5:13:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Evap your naps by half before you put it in freezer. If you can get it down to the point where it becomes milky you’re golden. If you evap outside you may have a time pulling insects and pollen out of your goods. Been there. If you evap fully you will likely have a thick goo layer and it is like amber trapping insects. I think the scent may actually attract some bugs.

You may want to take a sharpie and mark your container when full so you can see the level. Depending on how much and the air flow it could be minutes or hours or even days for it to evap down. Fans help.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

wilspeak
#5 Posted : 12/14/2021 5:33:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
It's not a bad method you might have a few impurities evaporating but nothing to worry about.
If you put a fan on it, it'll help speed things up and potentially keep dust particles etc from falling in.

The freezer needs to be set at -20 degrees celcius and sometimes left longer than 24hours.

Hello Trip, Thank You
It was revealed to me that our Sun is a living and intelligent Being. Sacred Geometry is a Langauge.

wilspeak
#6 Posted : 12/14/2021 6:04:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ThomLi wrote:
Did you use a fair bit of naptha? Sometimes if you use a lot of naptha it wont be concentrated enough to crash out in the freezer. So use less is my advice.
An idea I have, is you could split the Naptha in two. Put half out to evaporate, and put the other half bark in the bark slurry. Make sure you REALLY shake it- like a polaroid picture- like maybe 10 or more minutes, multiple times. Then you should have a higher concentration of DMT and you can put it in the freezer and watch those crystals crash out. Last thing if you put the solution in a mason jar, flip it upside down, that way you don't get fumes in your freezer. Then when you leave it overnight you can unscrew the lid and the DMT will be stuck to the metal lid. Good luck and keep us posted how it goes.

Hello ThomLi, Yes I did use a good amount of naptha. Like you said I may have to use less. Thank You for that information

wilspeak
#7 Posted : 12/14/2021 6:05:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Smile

wilspeak
#8 Posted : 12/14/2021 6:14:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Evap your naps by half before you put it in freezer. If you can get it down to the point where it becomes milky you’re golden. If you evap outside you may have a time pulling insects and pollen out of your goods. Been there. If you evap fully you will likely have a thick goo layer and it is like amber trapping insects. I think the scent may actually attract some bugs.

You may want to take a sharpie and mark your container when full so you can see the level. Depending on how much and the air flow it could be minutes or hours or even days for it to evap down. Fans help.

Hello null24, Thank You for the information.

wilspeak
#9 Posted : 12/16/2021 4:06:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ThomLi wrote:

Hello ThomLi, I did some of what you suggested. I took some of the evaporating naphtha that are in 3 glass containers and put them back into the bark surry (thank goodness that I didnt throw it out) I have shook it several times today and now it looks kind of yellow in the bottle. I still have not pipetted it out, but I want to ask a question.... why is it taking so long for the naphtha in the glass containers to evaporate and the naphtha in the containers looks clear as water. I have yet to freeze the bark surry naptha , but I am going to try... its taking forever for the open naphtha to evaporate. I would like to hear what You think. Thank You

_Trip_
#10 Posted : 12/16/2021 5:45:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wilspeak wrote:

why is it taking so long for the naphtha in the glass containers to evaporate and the naphtha in the containers looks clear as water. I have yet to freeze the bark surry naptha , but I am going to try... its taking forever for the open naphtha to evaporate. I would like to hear what You think. Thank You

Don't want to insult your intelligence but you don't have any lids or a wrap over the naphtha you're trying to evaporate do you? It doesn't sound like it.

I believe there are different types of Naphtha heavy and light and a few combinations in between depending on how it is distilled. Some Naphtha has hexane etc added as well. This varies country to country or rather manufacturer to manufacturer. A quick google search will tell you light naphtha boils between 30°C and 90 °C and heavy between 90 °C and 200 °C.

Where I live the most common naphtha you can buy is light naphtha I believe and it evaporates very fast but is very poor at pulling DMT. I don't know if its a quality thing or a heavy vs light but it is what it is.

Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

DMTryptamines
#11 Posted : 12/16/2021 11:59:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wilspeak wrote:
why is it taking so long for the naphtha in the glass containers to evaporate and the naphtha in the containers looks clear as water.

If they are in a tall glass or anything covered it will take longer but regardless I saw earlier it was partially covered with a plate? Trapping fumes will slow your evaporation significantly. A coffee filter, cheesecloth or anything breathable will be a better trade off for air flow while not letting anything fall into it. Even just tenting something over it will be an improvement, you need airflow is the key part.

If possible having a fan blow over the dish will evaporate it much faster while also preventing anything from falling into the dish, I typically just do this in front of a window with the fan pointing over and out.

wilspeak
#12 Posted : 12/16/2021 9:22:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
wilspeak wrote:

why is it taking so long for the naphtha in the glass containers to evaporate and the naphtha in the containers looks clear as water. I have yet to freeze the bark surry naptha , but I am going to try... its taking forever for the open naphtha to evaporate. I would like to hear what You think. Thank You

Don't want to insult your intelligence but you don't have any lids or a wrap over the naphtha you're trying to evaporate do you? It doesn't sound like it.

I believe there are different types of Naphtha heavy and light and a few combinations in between depending on how it is distilled. Some Naphtha has hexane etc added as well. This varies country to country or rather manufacturer to manufacturer. A quick google search will tell you light naphtha boils between 30°C and 90 °C and heavy between 90 °C and 200 °C.

Where I live the most common naphtha you can buy is light naphtha I believe and it evaporates very fast but is very poor at pulling DMT. I don't know if its a quality thing or a heavy vs light but it is what it is.

Hello _Trip_, No I dont have anything covering the naptha and im not sure what kind of naptha that I have Im going to have to look at the can and see what kind it is

wilspeak
#13 Posted : 12/16/2021 9:24:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTryptamines wrote:
wilspeak wrote:
why is it taking so long for the naphtha in the glass containers to evaporate and the naphtha in the containers looks clear as water.

If they are in a tall glass or anything covered it will take longer but regardless I saw earlier it was partially covered with a plate? Trapping fumes will slow your evaporation significantly. A coffee filter, cheesecloth or anything breathable will be a better trade off for air flow while not letting anything fall into it. Even just tenting something over it will be an improvement, you need airflow is the key part.

If possible having a fan blow over the dish will evaporate it much faster while also preventing anything from falling into the dish, I typically just do this in front of a window with the fan pointing over and out.

Hello DMTryptamines, Thank You

wilspeak
#14 Posted : 12/17/2021 12:45:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ThomLi wrote:

Hello ThomLi, It Worked !!!! Very happy Thank You

Fourcrows
#15 Posted : 8/8/2022 10:27:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was having similar results. My method, up until that point was solid. I thought it may be temperature. Bought a freezer thermometer and checked. It read -15. I turned the temp down to get -30 and had great results after that, good yield.
Fourcrows