We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Creating a Start up - Optimizing Performance Options

jungleheart
#1 Posted : 11/27/2021 10:08:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To start, let me say that I believe wholeheartedly that Nexians are the most intelligent group of people on the planet. I say this after much observation and after meeting many people who were supposedly intelligent, but did not "get it". By "get it", I mean that we live in a post capitalistic world and that there is an opportunity for a much better future. Due to the perspective promoted here and through the plants, Nexians are primed for starting organizations and changing the world.

I'm writing this post because I recently broke through what I thought was a high glass ceiling in my career. As such, I think I have a story to tell and some evidence that my methods - that I believe to be fairly unique - work.

Keep in mind that I am not the type of person who you look at and think would be a great success. My background on paper is unremarkable. In fact I've had a lot of failures.

Because of this, I have come to believe that Nexians have the capabilities to be the spark of innovation. In truth, we are far more capable than the average person. We are more likely to have the intelligence to maximize our contributions to dramatic effect.

Implementing these recommendations will expedite your journey towards good fortune and success, in my experience. However, if you don't have entrepreneurship in your heart, these specific recommendations may not work for you.

Get Strong
- I am of the belief that weight lifting is more important than yoga when preparing to make large scale change in society. You have to be strong to carry the responsibility on your shoulders. You want to be changing lives and creating jobs. If you are physically strong you will be better able to adapt to the occasional long hours and stress that comes with starting an organization.
- If you are strong - mentally and physically - you will get up faster from downfalls.
- You will have more confidence to influence people.

Learn Everything
- Use different parts of your brain - Try everything: pick up harp, art, go to art galleries, go to different types of concerts. Right and left brain need exercise to be in balance. Feel free to pick up and drop hobbies on a whim.
- Understand how the world works - Economics was one of the most useful courses I've ever taken. Learn the possibilities for the future by following technology, business and science. These are vastly more important than following politics, in my opinion.

Take Responsibility
- Non Profit Board work - this looks great on your resume. Seriously, out of all my advice this is possibly the most likely to have tangible, measurable benefits. It also gives you leadership experience and the ability to think strategically. The lessons you learn can be transferred to your own organization. There are websites to search for non profit boards in your area. If you are looking for something uplifting, arts and music organizations are often run by non profit boards. You are likely to be elected to leadership positions if you are good.
- Take care of a living animal - Even if it is a fish, it is a good use of your time. Gets your thoughts in the right place.
- Caring for family/friends - If you are willing to take on others' karma, by taking responsibility for them long-term, it will give you more momentum. For example, wanting to provide for a family member or be a caregiver will make you a better person.

Listen to the Plants
- Small, regular doses - In terms of getting information from plants, big trips might not always be necessary. After doing a number of big trips, it's possible to form a relationship with the plant. Then you can receive information in your daily waking life. This is made possible with a clean diet, no alcohol and regular small doses.
- Go all in - This might be where there is a divergence in belief systems. I pretty much take what the plants tell me at face value and run with it. Sometimes into a wall, but this is how I've been playing the game.

Change your Pace
-If you've been going the same pace for several years without progress, change your pace. If you are a workaholic, like me, slow down. If you are slow and have been taking breaks, speed up. Not every season of life is for the same thing. If you have been giving 100% year after year without results, stop. Knowing the purpose of the season you are in is everything.

It is at the point where there is serious and tangible evidence that these methods work.

If you are an entrepreneur or interested in entrepreneurship, feel free to message me or see me in the chat. Always happy to share ideas and offer any wisdom that I can.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 11/27/2021 11:12:19 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Are you sure you meant to post this in the humor and fun section? I guess entrepreneurship could be construed as 'fun', or have I missed something? I do really need to pull my finger out, as it happens.

Quote:
I pretty much take what the plants tell me at face value and run with it. Sometimes into a wall
This bit was pretty funny though Laughing

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

jungleheart
#3 Posted : 11/28/2021 12:37:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wasn't sure where to post it. Humor and fun seemed closest to 'general'.

WanderingCat
#4 Posted : 11/28/2021 1:25:07 AM

The White Haired Cat

There's great motivation here. Also I think downwardsfromzero and I shared a great moment of laughter regarding the quote Very happy

Out of all of these I'd love to change my pace more. In the sense of quit studying and being in college. I notice so many famous people who pursued what they loved and in order to be where they are, some of them just let the universe carry them through. They didn't need to care how it happened. As long as they didn't they'd eventually be there. Have to stop being in control all the time. Ask the universe and receive.

Your post is much appreciated Smile
Grass Grows When The Tiny Cat is Dreaming

Phangz wrote:

"this is your height on dmt.."

Icyseeker
#5 Posted : 11/29/2021 1:38:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This will be relative to my interests in the future however not right now. I am not in the position to start a company. Wondering if we might want to use this as a motivation/recommendation thread for navigating the societies that we have created. Just my two cents keep up the grind.
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

benzyme
#6 Posted : 11/29/2021 1:41:27 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

WanderingCat wrote:
Have to stop being in control all the time.

this.
Control is an illusion.
Once you realize it, you let go of alot of undue stress.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

jungleheart
#7 Posted : 12/1/2021 4:16:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Icyseeker wrote:
Wondering if we might want to use this as a motivation/recommendation thread for navigating the societies that we have created.

I am up for a rebranding if one comes to mind. It's important to me to frame the idea of 'society' positively. It's one of my messages to the plants that "Hey, we are building something great here! Work in progress!"

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 12/2/2021 9:32:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

benzyme wrote:
WanderingCat wrote:
Have to stop being in control all the time.

this.
Control is an illusion.
Once you realize it, you let go of alot of undue stress.

Yep! We can rarely control what happens to us, only how we respond or act. And we have less control than we may like to think when it comes to our own minds.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

jungleheart
#9 Posted : 12/4/2021 6:39:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Visualization
- Visualization works. At the least, it prepares you mentally for the optimal outcome. At the most, you are moving energy around with your mind. I believe this is what shamans are doing in the Amazon.
- Exercise your imagination. Imagine your car is a plane. Imagine your idol wanting to meet you. If you don't have an active imagination, it's unlikely big things are going to happen. Spend time daydreaming. After years of audaciously big and vivid dreams you may have something amazing lined up for you.

Icyseeker
#10 Posted : 12/11/2021 2:11:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just got curious on your take of social media. If I were to create a start up I don't think that I would want to use it to promote my business because I think that it is toxic for our brains and promotes mental health problems and shortens our attention span. I think that we have figured out how to hit our dopamine machine and now can't not hit it.

I suppose some social media is better then others. Perhaps I would invest minimally in it. I think though that the best way to get knowledge spread is still word of mouth.

Wondering on your thoughts regarding this topic.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

jungleheart
#11 Posted : 12/12/2021 1:38:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Icyseeker,

Thank you for your question. It is similar to the age old question of whether marketing adds value to society and whether marketers are actually the devil. To respond, I personally think the ends justify the means - social media is useful to reach potential customers where they are.

I think it's worth remembering that everyone is on a different part of their journey. Some people have not yet evolved beyond social media. I am willing to lower myself a few degrees to reach them - a choice that I'm willing to accept any bad karma for.

I am personally comfortable using LinkedIn to reach people in a business context, but would not handle marketing on Instagram myself. Would prefer to hire for or outsource most marketing functions to someone who can stand the flames of hell. In conclusion, I'm willing to get my hands dirty, but not that dirty - for a cause.

If you were to take a position against social media, while building a business, that would be worthy of my respect.

Icyseeker
#12 Posted : 12/12/2021 5:05:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can also respect your take on the issue. I truly think that most companies think social media is to big to not have presence. This might be true depending on the purpose/industry of the company. My current company I am working at has invest minimally in social media and uses word of mouth to get work.

Additionally if social media has evolved into a state that I think is less toxic to human beings than I may consider using it.

null24
#13 Posted : 12/12/2021 8:12:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jungleheart wrote:
Hi Icyseeker,

Thank you for your question. It is similar to the age old question of whether marketing adds value to society and whether marketers are actually the devil. To respond, I personally think the ends justify the means - social media is useful to reach potential customers where they are.

I think it's worth remembering that everyone is on a different part of their journey. Some people have not yet evolved beyond social media. I am willing to lower myself a few degrees to reach them - a choice that I'm willing to accept any bad karma for.

I am personally comfortable using LinkedIn to reach people in a business context, but would not handle marketing on Instagram myself. Would prefer to hire for or outsource most marketing functions to someone who can stand the flames of hell. In conclusion, I'm willing to get my hands dirty, but not that dirty - for a cause.

If you were to take a position against social media, while building a business, that would be worthy of my respect.

Yeah, this is a tough one for me. I certainly have evolved beyond it and I am on SM, and use it to promote my business and merchandise. I really don't know where else to do so as effectively, or how without having to spend more than I am able. Posts on subject-related forums drive some customers, but almost all have come from SM posts. And friends, lol. Linkedin wouldn't send me business and I am just starting on Insta.

What are your ideas on marketing without using an evil to do it? I do try to run a conscious biz. Although I have a long way to go with packaging etc, I want to be able to support some causes through the profits I bring in as a way to ameliorate the damage making them may cause.

Right now I am using etsy to host my store but want to make and move to a independant URL.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

jungleheart
#14 Posted : 12/16/2021 5:12:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
[quote=jungleheart]
Yeah, this is a tough one for me. I certainly have evolved beyond it and I am on SM, and use it to promote my business and merchandise. I really don't know where else to do so as effectively, or how without having to spend more than I am able. Posts on subject-related forums drive some customers, but almost all have come from SM posts. And friends, lol. Linkedin wouldn't send me business and I am just starting on Insta.

What are your ideas on marketing without using an evil to do it? I do try to run a conscious biz. Although I have a long way to go with packaging etc, I want to be able to support some causes through the profits I bring in as a way to ameliorate the damage making them may cause.

Right now I am using etsy to host my store but want to make and move to a independant URL.

Something that a lot of business owners don't have is the clear vision of the customer. I like the concept of 'product/market fit'; having a product that fits the customer perfectly. In an ideal world you would have as clear a vision of who the ideal customer is and how they like to make purchases, as you do of the product. Many entrepreneurs are like mad scientists, obsessed with their creation. The solution is to create a few ideal customer profiles. Ideally you are so in touch with your customer that you know how they think and feel, and their preference for purchasing channels.

I don't know what your product is and I am also not an expert at digital marketing. But if you don't have the "market fit" aspect of product/market fit, you might have trouble.

Without knowing the details, it sounds like if you are getting business on Insta so you might want to stay there? I also like the idea of in person sales and B2B sales. Wish I could give you more advice on the digital marketing side, I'm sorry about that.

null24
#15 Posted : 12/16/2021 7:55:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That’s cool man, thanks for the response. Yeah, I sell stickers right now featuring some of my designs. I am indeed struggling with what you are talking about. Honestly, I just make stuff that I like and I know that isn’t the best strategy, ha ha. It is all really experimentation at this point. I feel fortunate right now to have the time, space and a little bit of income to do it.

I started with mushroom themed stickers that have some limited popularity but most of my stuff is kinda drug oriented and humorous. Some of the art and pics of the sticks are in my “art of super heavy” thread in the art sub.

I am on Etsy but that platform is really getting bad. I had a person basically vandalize my shop with a review full of vulgarity that they still have not responded to my request to review almost a month later. I’m looking at other options. Insta is a new platform for me, I haven’t really been spending the time and energy on it that it needs to take off.

This is a slow process for me. It is nowhere near a real source of income, but I am making the money back which I put into it which for now is satisfactory to me.

I’m thinking about going back to school for some business administration education. It’s either that out getting my CADC to counsel drug addicts but honestly think I can make at least as much as I could doing that with the certification I currently have and don’t need to go into debt.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

jungleheart
#16 Posted : 2/23/2022 10:03:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Increase your Capacity
- Become highly skilled in different areas. It usually take more than one area of expertise to be successful. There are free classes online in an area of your interest.
- Get your emotional house in check. Therapy is an efficient way to let go of emotional baggage, making space for more productive feelings and emotions.