We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV456
CIELO - How to separate Mescaline Citrate from Other Alkaloids? Options

highlightprotein
#101 Posted : 1/1/2022 10:18:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Today I did 500mg CIELO citrate from my rehabilitated bridgsii goo. I abstained from mushrooms this time. I was fasted for about 14 hours. Unfortunately, I'm still getting no OEV, CEV, or psychedelic thoughts. I'm starting to wonder if I am just a non-responder when it comes to mescaline.

About 2 hours in I went for a walk but unfortunately started to feel somewhat uncomfortable. It is hard to say exactly why I was uncomfortable or to describe it. But there was a moment when I was concerned at how uncomfortable I felt, and I just really wanted to be back at home. When I got home my pupils were noticeably dilated. On my previous attempts of 400/300/200 etc my pupils got somewhat dilated by not enormous, like this time.

Around 3:30 I took a shower and immediately felt better. In fact it almost felt like I was sober.

I laid down from 4 to 5:30 in my bed. But still no CEVs or psychedelic thoughts. There were moments when I felt slightly uncomfortable, but nothing big like before.

I seemed to have lost all of my appetite. On 400/300/200 this did not occur.

I'm somewhat glad I did not try 650mg. The level of uncomfortableness on this 500mg was a new feature of mescaline I haven't experienced before. I think it was good for me to experience that before I try for a higher dose.

But I do wonder if perhaps I just cannot get much out of mescaline?

Loveall, no I don't have a sitter. I know it is advised but I'm pretty introverted. I think I would actually feel quite uncomfortable around people for example on mushrooms.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Loveall
#102 Posted : 1/2/2022 2:53:33 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

That dose should have been enough. Sorry you didn't get the experienced you had hoped for.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

dip indeed
#103 Posted : 1/3/2022 2:58:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey loveall - thank you for all the work you have done regarding this tek. I'm really curious as why this would yield pure mescaline as opposed to full spectrum, and I can only find the one comment saying that you're guess is that the full spectrum alkaloids don't go into EA. I haven't fully explored the EA approach thread or the full extent of the original cielo discussion so if there is more discussion i can just look deeper. Are there any other threads I should check out?

Loveall
#104 Posted : 1/4/2022 1:57:16 AM

❤️‍🔥

dip indeed wrote:
Hey loveall - thank you for all the work you have done regarding this tek. I'm really curious as why this would yield pure mescaline as opposed to full spectrum, and I can only find the one comment saying that you're guess is that the full spectrum alkaloids don't go into EA. I haven't fully explored the EA approach thread or the full extent of the original cielo discussion so if there is more discussion i can just look deeper. Are there any other threads I should check out?

This is based on the mass spec analysis that benzyme did on product from the TEK. He posted the result in the main thread and the mass speck spectrum is shown in the wiki.

I think that if present 3,4-DMPEA would likey make it through. However endlessness showed that is only present in trace amounts. There was one tiny peak at 239.5 m/z that is unidentified, but it is small.

Subjectively the effects are the same as pure synthesized mescaline sulfate. We don't go by that as data (we go by tje mass spec instead), it's a gross check worth mentioning to report nothing out of the ordinary happens (strong odd effects).

Triglav
#105 Posted : 1/4/2022 2:23:46 PM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

highlightprotein wrote:
I was fasted for about 14 hours.

I've heard many stories from people fasting and then not experiencing any desirable effects from classical psychedelics. In some cases after they ate something the experience began to unfold. I think when you fast the enzymes are not as active and therefore you don't digest the drugs as well. All of this is speculation but it's based on a pattern that repeats often.

Good Luck!

Loveall
#106 Posted : 1/4/2022 3:01:31 PM

❤️‍🔥

Loveall wrote:
dip indeed wrote:

This is based on the mass spec analysis that benzyme did on product from the TEK. He posted the result in the main thread and the mass speck spectrum is shown in the wiki.

I think that if present 3,4-DMPEA would likey make it through. However endlessness showed that is only present in trace amounts. There was one tiny peak at 239.5 m/z that is unidentified, but it is small.

Subjectively the effects are the same as pure synthesized mescaline sulfate. We don't go by that as data (we go by tje mass spec instead), it's a gross check worth mentioning to report nothing out of the ordinary happens (strong odd effects).

As to why we got the mass spec results of very clean mescaline, I can't really say for sure. We can rule out a lot of the ones with hydroxy groups as they should not be soluble in EA. Beyond that, there is in interplay of solvent solubility FB and how well other compounds precipate. Many combos where tested (acetone, IPA, sulfuric) and this combo works very simply and very well.

One thing to keep in mind is that different cacti may have a different alkaloid profiles and when CIELO is done on those, other alkaloids may precipitate along with any mescaline (or maybe not).

Users do report needles from other cacti, which is compatible with (but not proof of) purity.

All we can say is that the product from the particular cactus that benzyme tested (pachanoi + CIELO) was relatively clean mescaline.

Analysis of product from other cati is very welcome.

HyperNexian86
#107 Posted : 11/19/2022 11:09:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Seems like a theme is emerging where San Pedro gives xtals but other species may not.

Also, it seems that whatever precipitates from the citric acid salting clouds is active, even of xtals don't form.

I think it is worth trying a brine wash of the EA before salting. Perhaps that is needed to get xtals from plants other than San Pedro.

11/25 Edit: I take this back. _Trip_ and others have gotten xtals from other species (see info below)

Just completed this with 370g of dry Trichocerus bridgesii "Eileen" flesh, pulp and stars. Got 7g of beautiful crystals.

As is covered in the Tek now, the fridge step is an absolute must and it's fine to chuck away the water and sediment, in fact it's crucial.

Also when cleaning jars I let fully dry and clean with iso wipe. I think any water droplets can really impact this Tek.

Those not seeing crystals, your cactus could just be weak. With weak cactus it's stuck to the glass and washing with boiling water and evap recovers it.

I have run this 8 times now in two months and love it. Got 10.5g of Beautiful crystals and 1g of powder from my jar washes.

Once I clean up my photos and find a safe way to host and share I will. But for now, Loveall you are a genius and huge thanks to all the contributers.

Loveall
#108 Posted : 11/20/2022 1:26:36 PM

❤️‍🔥

Glad you are getting good results HyperNexian86, and thanks for the 1.9% yield data for Eileen.

Agree that the TEK is more robust with the fridge resting step. I think it really standardizes the amount of water during the salting stage. A brine wash may have worked too, but the fridge step is easy and practical 😊 (no Liquid/Liquid layer separation, emulsions, etc).

Don't agree about the genius part (but thanks). Many failed experiments and combinations show that is not the case. Instead, I was stubborn and eager to please.

Cheers!

«PREV456