We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Our role in the universe Options

Fridge
#1 Posted : 11/6/2021 10:43:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope this is the appropriate place to post this.

Last night I made myself a mild tea using 1 gram of potent psilocybe Natalensis, a bag of rooibos tea and a spoonful of honey.

I don't want to go into detail about the actual trip, but I would like to share a part of it as I wonder if others can recognize these thoughts or whether I am alone with this.

At some point towards the end of the evening I watched a documentary about the universe. It was about all the theories and hypothesis we as humans came up with and which turned out to be true during later experiments. Isn't it fascinating that we are basically able to imagine something into existence? I.e coming up with an idea of how a function of the universe works and decades later we have the tool to actually confirm this idea? I find that ability fascinating and I think that there is a reason why we are "equipped" with this ability.

So I watched this and had these strings of thoughts and a feeling of sadness and something like shame came up. I realized that I have had this feeling during most of my psychedelic experiences. Sometimes even on a normal day. I also feel bliss, one with everything and all these positive emotions, but at some point I get this gloomy feeling I struggle to describe. This feeling has accompanied my journeys for the last two decades and it gets steadily stronger. These days it can get so intense that I feel I can't take it anymore. But the positive aspects of the psychedelic experience give me the strength to go through this, time after time.

I think last night I realized the purpose of this feeling. It took me such a long time to figure it out.
We humans are supposed to do something. The ability to imagine things into existence hasn't been given to us without a reason. We are meant to explore and spread through the universe, but we got distracted somehow and it seems like we missed the temporal window to get things in motion. We have missed the point of our existence and lost our purpose. Isn't that sad? We have come so far from the stone age till now. Look at what we achieved in this relatively short period of our existence compared to the age of the entire universe. It feels like we nearly made it to the finish line and then messed up somehow. That's how it feels and I hope there are still chances to turn things for the better. Maybe it's not shame, but failure that I feel. Maybe it's a mixture of both emotions.

I believe that all matter is conscious. From the entire universe, down to atoms, quarks and strings. It is all conscious and it is all connected, but most people's consciousness leaves out this awareness of interconnectedness. For me the psychedelic experience is one of the tools to tap into that awareness without a lot of effort and it opens up channels that allow me to communicate or rather receive signals from the cosmos or in this particular case with mother nature. Since I can think, I always felt a strong bond or connection to nature. One of the main reasons why I use psychedelics is the fact that these substances allow me to bond with nature in otherwise unimaginable ways. They allow me to communicate with nature as if it is an entity of its own (something I don't even question anymore). Mother nature is ill and she won't get better unless we change our ways now.

This whole realization made me reevaluate my last changa experience, which I initially thought to have been a "lock-out experience". Parts of this experience came up again last night. Especially the moment when it felt as if all surrounding plants leaned towards me in what I thought to be a threatening way. What I didn't write down in my report about this experience was that it felt as if the leaves kind of reached into my mind. Something, and I believe it was nature, tried to desperately communicate something to me via the sound of the carrier wave. This is also why I "wasn't allowed" to close my eyes. It wanted my full attention. It needs help. It needs us to realize what we are actually doing to our home planet and consequently change our ways drastically. But I doubt that we are willing to get out of our comfort zone before we have reached the point of no return.

Dear reader, if you made it this far I want you to know that I still concider the chance of me misinterpretate these feelings. It might just all be in my head. But even if it is, I don't really see harm in entertaining this idea. It makes me put more effort in doing my part of nature conservation and I hope to be a good example to others and especially my children. In the hope that they will be able to grow old in a functional eco system,just like I was allowed to.

I know the above is a bit chaotic. Sometimes I wish English would be my first language as often I struggle to find the right words to express myself properly.

What are your thoughts?
...no need to worry...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 11/6/2021 4:55:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Good stuff my friend.

I think that some things we do create and bring into existence such as new amalgams of matter that make things that we use.

All the same, I'm not sure that we necessarily create the functions of the universe that we observe and study. It seems to be more of a situation of we create systems that are meant to isomorphically correspond to reality in order to help us understand what ontologically is already existing. We create epistemic paradigms to explain ontological phenomena. That's not to say as sapient creatures that we don't have unique and novel abilities within this existence. However, we seem to more discover what's already there.

I think you're experiencing the full range of human emotion and some of what you're feeling may be reducible to primal urges that influence us to progress in our time in this existence. Almost a survival instinct. The more we work to balance and protect the eco systems and flourish, the better we and our progeny will survive.

Sorry, this is terse and sloppy as I am getting ready for a guiding session, but i wanted to get a response in to you real quick.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Tomtegubbe
#3 Posted : 11/6/2021 7:16:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fridge wrote:
We humans are supposed to do something. The ability to imagine things into existence hasn't been given to us without a reason. We are meant to explore and spread through the universe, but we got distracted somehow and it seems like we missed the temporal window to get things in motion. We have missed the point of our existence and lost our purpose. Isn't that sad? We have come so far from the stone age till now. Look at what we achieved in this relatively short period of our existence compared to the age of the entire universe. It feels like we nearly made it to the finish line and then messed up somehow. That's how it feels and I hope there are still chances to turn things for the better. Maybe it's not shame, but failure that I feel. Maybe it's a mixture of both emotions.
I have had this sadness with regards to human communication and how through technology and cultural changes we are in great risk of isolating each other. The materialistic spirit has an "all for themselves" attitude inscribed into it.

What feels particularly sad is that I feel like I have come a very long road to realize what actually is going on and why is it exactly that something feels off in the environment I live in, but I feel helpless in trying to change things. I believe I know what kind of values and culture are sustainable but I can't seem to catch the wave.

Although this concerns a large amount of people I have tried to take it as a spiritual exercise for myself in patience. The window of opportunity might open at some point and when it does, I'm ready.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Dirty T
#4 Posted : 11/6/2021 9:15:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The strangest part of this reality is the realization that if enough people believe in something and I mean really believe it will be real. The part of the equation I'm not sure of yet is wether these beliefs are hinged on certain people believing as if they have some sort of powers or its the power of the "conscious collective" which I believe to be both widely inclusive and also exclusive in the sense that not everyone taps into this collection or is even able.

As to our purpose here, I definitely don't buy the idea of certain 'religions' that we were created for the sole purpose of the amusement or "worship" of an omnipotent Diety. I believe in reincarnation, that these bodies are hosts and our actual 'being' is an organism that inhabits these hosts, that we did not originate on earth and were created by a higher intelligence.

The question remains what intelligence created us and for what purpose. We could be 'sea monkeys' in some child's bedroom. We could be the remnants of a civilization from Ton618. We could be the curse of a mad scientist who's blessing was to create this life and curse is to reincarnate alongside us for all eternity. I doubt we will have those answers in this lifetime.

I hold with those that believe DMT facilitates our journey to the 'afterlife' or transferring of hosts. I have a hypothesis that those who are stuck here as "ghosts" or 'spirits' are so because of a problem with their pineal gland at death such as a head injury where the brain was crushed and even those have the ability to crossover to another host by other mechanisms but take longer than the smooth transition provided by DMT. I use DMT as a depression treatment but I treat as practice crossing over. The point is not to control but to let go of everything, expectations, will, intentions, and just fall in as part of the whole as we were from the start.

Whatever our purpose I know we are not just a "random mistake" that is a 'blip' 9n the cosmic radar and the scientists that have done these mental gymnastics to prove this is all there is and we are the "pinnacle of creation", well I feel sad for them, I think some psychedelic therapy would do them some real good. I don't believe we were a random mess of goo from an explosion that just happened to result in this 'ultra intelligent life's known as humanity. I believe cavemen were just human hosts pre organism.

Voidmatrix
#5 Posted : 11/6/2021 9:46:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think we should be careful here. I'm not sure that enough of the "collective" believing something necessarily makes it true or to be the case. Things that are true and that are the case are so before we as creatures notice their truth-value. If the majority of the population believed it could breathe underwater or fly, I think many would simply drown and fall to their doom from great heights. People believing something as a result of others believing it is known as a confirmation bias of the bandwagon effect.

I think it may also be a presupposition that we were "created," since we're already challenging religious dogma, I can't help myself), just as it's an assumption that there should necessarily be a purpose for us. That seems as though it could be a parameter that is predicated on survival more than anything else.

When entertaining ideas such as these it seems prudent to look at the underlying epistemic threads that bring us to our conclusions (including the nature of our convictions), how they impact our ontological claims, and what existential properties we apply therein.

If no one knows everything, then it follows that we are sometimes wrong in our beliefs. However, we try to always believe what is "true," so there is a disconnect with ourselves since we are unable to identify which beliefs are true and which beliefs are false because we tend to feel what we already believe is true.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Dirty T
#6 Posted : 11/6/2021 10:06:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that's part of why things are the way they are. Maybe I should define the term "collective" further and maybe even the term "belief". Breathing underwater and flying are both possible as well through technology that was science fiction one Century ago and back then the general consensus was the people with these ideas were insane lunatics and their ideas amounted to "heresy". The further we as society as a whole move away from religious dogmas and toward the realm of the spiritual our minds are opened to the possibility of a lot of things that have been "proven impossible" or otherwise unexplainable.

There have been cults that preached reincarnation and followed their beliefs with mass suicides, those do not follow the realm of the spiritual in my opinion, just a smaller subset of religious dogma. Open mindedness and acceptance is key in advancement of spirituality in our 'world' as a whole.

Voidmatrix
#7 Posted : 11/6/2021 10:22:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:
I think that's part of why things are the way they are. Maybe I should define the term "collective" further and maybe even the term "belief". Breathing underwater and flying are both possible as well through technology that was science fiction one Century ago and back then the general consensus was the people with these ideas were insane lunatics and their ideas amounted to "heresy". The further we as society as a whole move away from religious dogmas and toward the realm of the spiritual our minds are opened to the possibility of a lot of things that have been "proven impossible" or otherwise unexplainable.

There have been cults that preached reincarnation and followed their beliefs with mass suicides, those do not follow the realm of the spiritual in my opinion, just a smaller subset of religious dogma. Open mindedness and acceptance is key in advancement of spirituality in our 'world' as a whole.

Thank you for clarifying! I see where your point lies now, and while not withdrawing all I said, I see that the level which I was working from was different from the one in which your position was referring to.

I would like to piggy-back off of the sentiment of open-mindedness and acceptance, in that the axiomatic structure and nature of our current models for deriving information about the world have in many ways become our new dogmas of the time. There appears to be a very fine commingling of certain disparate fields and disciplines. So yes, open-mindedness and acceptance, pretty huge. With a healthy amount of discernment Smile .

One love

Dirty T
#8 Posted : 11/6/2021 11:46:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I truly find it quite amusing that when questioning questionable physics or theories and asserting our own personal beliefs there are people that have reversed the dogmatic scale and participate in 'scientific dogma' which is not the opposite of religious dogma but just another parallel mind set that "you should be open minded and believe what I believe and if you don't then you're wrong". Open-mindedness and acceptance are truly the way forward and sometimes believing goes far beyond seeing, DMT teaches us that if nothing else.

FeraeNaturae
#9 Posted : 11/7/2021 4:13:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello friend.
Thanks for bringing this up.
My ego is delighted to be able to participate in this discussion.
This is what it says -
We are the universe that is aware of itself. You don't have to try to find what needs to be fixed. There is no bad and no good. Good or bad, these are value judgments of the illusory ego, which in reality does not even exist. Everything that is happening now and will happen in the future has already happened. This was known to the ancient Awakened, and today people who do empirical research are forced to accept it. Remember the principle of quantum uncertainty? Quantum is everywhere at the same time, in all its possible states. For a plot to appear, you need a viewer. I can give you an example with a book. When it is closed and there is no reader, the letters are arranged in a chaotic order, for meaning to appear, a reader is needed. The meaning always depends on the reader. Hence the conclusion, trying to change something outside is pointless. You can only change from within. Know the true I in yourself, remember, I am God, and be calm.

I satisfied my ego Twisted Evil , thank you.
Friends, it is possible that in some of my statements it is difficult to grasp the meaning, do not judge me harshly, I do not speak English and I communicate with you through a Google translator

FeraeNaturae
#10 Posted : 11/7/2021 4:39:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Friends, I'm sorry if you've already seen this series of films. I could not resist to recommend.

https://www.youtube.com/...R-u-xu5-mdHa-F-4l-yb0vQ-
Friends, it is possible that in some of my statements it is difficult to grasp the meaning, do not judge me harshly, I do not speak English and I communicate with you through a Google translator

Fridge
#11 Posted : 11/7/2021 5:16:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good morning fellow nexians, thank you for reading and replying! I see a lot of input, which I need to process first, before I reply.

I saw your post last night already Void, I was just too tired to reply.

Voidmatrix wrote:
Good stuff my friend.

I think that some things we do create and bring into existence such as new amalgams of matter that make things that we use.

All the same, I'm not sure that we necessarily create the functions of the universe that we observe and study. It seems to be more of a situation of we create systems that are meant to isomorphically correspond to reality in order to help us understand what ontologically is already existing. We create epistemic paradigms to explain ontological phenomena. That's not to say as sapient creatures that we don't have unique and novel abilities within this existence. However, we seem to more discover what's already there.

I think you're experiencing the full range of human emotion and some of what you're feeling may be reducible to primal urges that influence us to progress in our time in this existence. Almost a survival instinct. The more we work to balance and protect the eco systems and flourish, the better we and our progeny will survive.

Sorry, this is terse and sloppy as I am getting ready for a guiding session, but i wanted to get a response in to you real quick.

One love

I agree on the above. This is actually what I tried to convey when I wrote "imagining something into existence". By that I wasn't really referring to inventing a new technology (even though I regard this to be an equally important ability of ours).
I would like to choose Dmitri Mendeleev as an example. He invented the periodic table and there were a few gaps of which he knew they need to be filled with missing elements. He made predictions about the attributes of these missing elements. Then about 6 years later one of these elements was found by another group of scientists, which kind of confirmed the validity of Mendeleev's periodic table. He mentioned that he got the idea while he was dreaming, which I find fascinating if it is indeed true. Where did this information come from? Has he "received" it from an external source?

Another thing I found to be faszinating is the fact that we have put so much effort into building technologies like the cern hadron collide to proof other theories. A massive undertaking which helps us to proof and understand even more mysteries of the universe. This drive to understand and explore must have be there for a reason and I think it comes with a certain kind of responsibility. Most of us are just missing the point by not realizing that these abilities come with great responsibility.
...no need to worry...

Fridge
#12 Posted : 11/7/2021 5:52:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
I have had this sadness with regards to human communication and how through technology and cultural changes we are in great risk of isolating each other. The materialistic spirit has an "all for themselves" attitude inscribed into it.

What feels particularly sad is that I feel like I have come a very long road to realize what actually is going on and why is it exactly that something feels off in the environment I live in, but I feel helpless in trying to change things. I believe I know what kind of values and culture are sustainable but I can't seem to catch the wave.

Although this concerns a large amount of people I have tried to take it as a spiritual exercise for myself in patience. The window of opportunity might open at some point and when it does, I'm ready.

I can relate to that feeling of isolation. I partially blame the so called social media for this and of course what we all had to go through for the past few years.

Many of us live in a bubble of consumerism, because we have been led to believe that owning shiny things are what life is all about. Owning a huge SUV is a status symbol where I stay. You made it in life if you drive one of those and it needs to be presented on social media, just so everyone can see your achievement and be envious.

I feel helpless too, when I look at what is going on. Let's look at already established industries that have such a lot of leverage in politics. Look at the petrol industry which does not seem interested in alternative ways besides a combustion engine powered by fossil fuels, because they invested too much into their ways of doing things to change. They are stuck in the "business as usual" mode and they would loose a lot by changing their ways.
Did you know that they knew about the risk of rising sea levels in the 70s already and therefore built their oil platforms accordingly? They made sure that the platform is sufficiently high enough above sea level. This is mind-boggling to me. They knew about the risk of doing something, but they still did it anyways just to build personal wealth and power. Now this industry is so strong that it prevents others from establishing more sustainable technologies. At least this is how it seems to me and it makes me feel helpless. It seems like I can not win against a massive organization like the petrol industry. And after all too much of our way of life is based on petrol driven technologies, so we are all in it to a certain extent.

However I decided to become more active in doing my part. Things need to change and I am really ready to play a role in this.
...no need to worry...

Fridge
#13 Posted : 11/7/2021 6:34:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dirty T wrote:
The strangest part of this reality is the realization that if enough people believe in something and I mean really believe it will be real. The part of the equation I'm not sure of yet is wether these beliefs are hinged on certain people believing as if they have some sort of powers or its the power of the "conscious collective" which I believe to be both widely inclusive and also exclusive in the sense that not everyone taps into this collection or is even able.

As to our purpose here, I definitely don't buy the idea of certain 'religions' that we were created for the sole purpose of the amusement or "worship" of an omnipotent Diety. I believe in reincarnation, that these bodies are hosts and our actual 'being' is an organism that inhabits these hosts, that we did not originate on earth and were created by a higher intelligence.

The question remains what intelligence created us and for what purpose. We could be 'sea monkeys' in some child's bedroom. We could be the remnants of a civilization from Ton618. We could be the curse of a mad scientist who's blessing was to create this life and curse is to reincarnate alongside us for all eternity. I doubt we will have those answers in this lifetime.

I hold with those that believe DMT facilitates our journey to the 'afterlife' or transferring of hosts. I have a hypothesis that those who are stuck here as "ghosts" or 'spirits' are so because of a problem with their pineal gland at death such as a head injury where the brain was crushed and even those have the ability to crossover to another host by other mechanisms but take longer than the smooth transition provided by DMT. I use DMT as a depression treatment but I treat as practice crossing over. The point is not to control but to let go of everything, expectations, will, intentions, and just fall in as part of the whole as we were from the start.

Whatever our purpose I know we are not just a "random mistake" that is a 'blip' 9n the cosmic radar and the scientists that have done these mental gymnastics to prove this is all there is and we are the "pinnacle of creation", well I feel sad for them, I think some psychedelic therapy would do them some real good. I don't believe we were a random mess of goo from an explosion that just happened to result in this 'ultra intelligent life's known as humanity. I believe cavemen were just human hosts pre organism.

I like your hypothesis about the damaged pineal gland and spirits being trapped here, Dirty T. I also wonder if some of the entities we see in hyperspace might be these "lost souls" that are unable to move on to their final destination or their next life.

I too believe in the possibility that DMT has the potential to give us a glimpse into the places we transition to after we cease to exist in this reality.

"The strangest part of this reality is the realization that if enough people believe in something and I mean really believe it will be real." - This is an interesting view and I got a question about it.
Do you mean that if enough people believe in one thing collectively it will become reality or do you believe it is only accepted as reality by the collective? Like for example they did in medieval times when it was still common belief that the earth is the middle of the universe and the sun revolves around the earth?
...no need to worry...

Fridge
#14 Posted : 11/7/2021 6:59:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FeraeNaturae wrote:
Hello friend.
Thanks for bringing this up.
My ego is delighted to be able to participate in this discussion.
This is what it says -
We are the universe that is aware of itself. You don't have to try to find what needs to be fixed. There is no bad and no good. Good or bad, these are value judgments of the illusory ego, which in reality does not even exist. Everything that is happening now and will happen in the future has already happened. This was known to the ancient Awakened, and today people who do empirical research are forced to accept it. Remember the principle of quantum uncertainty? Quantum is everywhere at the same time, in all its possible states. For a plot to appear, you need a viewer. I can give you an example with a book. When it is closed and there is no reader, the letters are arranged in a chaotic order, for meaning to appear, a reader is needed. The meaning always depends on the reader. Hence the conclusion, trying to change something outside is pointless. You can only change from within. Know the true I in yourself, remember, I am God, and be calm.

I satisfied my ego Twisted Evil , thank you.

Hello FeraeNaturae, this is an interesting perspective on this topic, thank you!

"We are the universe that is aware of itself." This sentence reminds me of my favorite quote from Alan Watts "You are an aperture through which the universe is looking at and exploring itself."
I need to ponder about what you wrote a bit. But I will be back Smile.
...no need to worry...

Fridge
#15 Posted : 11/7/2021 7:55:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FeraeNaturae wrote:
Friends, I'm sorry if you've already seen this series of films. I could not resist to recommend.

https://www.youtube.com/...R-u-xu5-mdHa-F-4l-yb0vQ-

Be still and know Love. Thank you for introducing me to this as I have not even heard of samadhi yet It resonates with a lot of things I have concluded already. At least from what I can tell after listening to the first part. I believe I reach a state that is similar to what is described through being in nature, through the help of psychedelics or meditation (or a combination of the three Smile.
I will continue listening tonight.

...no need to worry...