We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pharmacokinetics of Amphetamine and Anti-Histamines Options

donfoolio
#1 Posted : 10/29/2021 8:51:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey buddies,

I have a question of theoretical interest. I know that here a some fellows with huge knowledge
In pharmacology and neurology - so I ask, even if it is a bit off topic.

A friend of mine suffers from MCAS - syndrome, a relatively mysterious disease that was identified in the late 200O's. For him, this disease came in as a longtime result of lime disease. Éventually, he found that the consumption of small amounts of amphetamine stops the negative symptoms of the sickness (he doesn't take drugs at all, so I don't know really how he first learned this auto medication) - he doesn't take other medications beside.

So, normally people who suffer from this disease will get some kind of medication based on antihistamines. I wonder what is the pharmacological action going on here, I find little on this on the net?

I was thinking if they're were any alternatives for him, plant based? I thought of ephedra of course but this doesn't seem fit well to long-term medication.

To make two things clear:

Of course, I told him to see what is happening with a doctor and look for further advice there. I am merely interested in the pharmacokinetics only to understand better. What is the dynamic that blocks the symptoms in the same way that antihistamies do, or is is quite another nneurological path like pain-repression through higher dopamin levels?

And secondly, any information of plant based alternatives to synthetic amphetamine is for educational purpose only and not a medical advice.

I find it only interesting and would like to share him some ideas.

https://en.m.wikipedia.o...cell_activation_syndrome

Edit:

Specific treatment of MCAS is based on four groups of pharmacological actives:

-Mastcell- regulators like quercetin

-antihistamines

-antileukotrines who acts as an leukotriene receptor antagonist (maybe the amphetamine plays a role on this direction?)

-and nonsterodial antiinflammatory drugs like aspirin
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.