We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My First A/B Attempt! Options

killuminati420
#1 Posted : 2/7/2010 1:50:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So im trying my first A/B attempt, and i need advice on if im doing anything wrong!

Im going to break up 56grams bark as much as i can with my hands, simmer it in lemon-juice water with a PH of 3, for about all day and all night...Im just going to add more water and lemon juice every time it gets low instead of straining several boils...
Im going to simmer it down to about 600ml in a qt sized jar and add NaOH until it goes thin(100gramsNaOH) and then pull with 150ml naphtha 5hours after basification. I will shake the naphtha and NaOH together for 24hours then pull and freeze for 24hours in 1/2pint jar!
Inform me if im doing anything wrong....please

WHAT TEMP DOES DMT GET WASTED WHEN SIMMERING?
"Money Can't Buy Life" -Bob Marley

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

killuminati420
#2 Posted : 2/7/2010 5:15:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so i added the 56grams of mimosa to some lemon-juice water to let it soak all night tonight, and im gonna wake up and simmer about all day until water runs low to a shot and pour it off to simmer the bark 4 more times like that to come out with 5shots worth of concentrated boiled mimosa liquid...im then gonna add the 5shots back into the bark pan to simmer one more time with lemon-juice water again down to 600ml of mimosa solution to pour it into a jar and add NaOH and naphtha

panoramix
#3 Posted : 2/7/2010 9:30:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

killuminati420 wrote:
So im trying my first A/B attempt, and i need advice on if im doing anything wrong!

Im going to break up 56grams bark as much as i can with my hands, simmer it in lemon-juice water with a PH of 3, for about all day and all night...Im just going to add more water and lemon juice every time it gets low instead of straining several boils...
Im going to simmer it down to about 600ml in a qt sized jar and add NaOH until it goes thin(100gramsNaOH) and then pull with 150ml naphtha 5hours after basification. I will shake the naphtha and NaOH together for 24hours then pull and freeze for 24hours in 1/2pint jar!
Inform me if im doing anything wrong....please

WHAT TEMP DOES DMT GET WASTED WHEN SIMMERING?

i use 92gr naoh for 100gr bark so i think 100gr for 56gr is wey to mutch.

greedr pano
Panoramix, the honorable druid. With his golden knife he cuts his herbs, with which he prepares his famous magic potion.

And he knows many other secret recipe,,,

mumbles
#4 Posted : 2/7/2010 9:38:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim used 60g NaOH in 150ml dH2O for 500g bark. You don't need crazy amounts for an A/B that just increases the chance of that shit ending up in your spice pipe. Don't worry about simmering the spice is pretty stable in solution, worry when it boils too thick or boils dry. Havent heard of using lemon juice before but can't think why citric acid wouldnt work.

killuminati420
#5 Posted : 2/8/2010 3:59:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I woke up this morning and put the soaking bark in a double-boiler on really LOW heat about all day...i fell asleep and woke up to see there is still plenty of liquid but it evap'd only about 1/2way so im going to ask the Nexus,...How long do i simmer??? Its still on the first simmer but its been all day...Advice Please

mumbles
#6 Posted : 2/8/2010 4:03:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

3x 2hrs, fresh water acidified each time

killuminati420
#7 Posted : 2/8/2010 5:40:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

its been like all day on the 1st wash sooo...is that bad? im gonna have to simmer all day tomorrow and maybe night too at least to get it to evap to 3x!!

What do i do?

mumbles
#8 Posted : 2/8/2010 6:55:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nah its fine just put that acidified water aside and add more to your bark, simmer for 2 hrs and repeat again. Its usually only done for 45mins-2hrs because the extra time has very little effect. Remember you have to remove all the liquid from the bark each time. Just topping it up defeats the point of the whole step.

ghostman
#9 Posted : 2/8/2010 9:25:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You don't need to be too careful and baby the boils. Mimosa/Acid juice can withstand a fast boil. I just completed an extraction of 200gr whole bark. I broke it up with my hands, slow boiled in 1lt water at pH3 (HCL). When the bark gets softer, I remove small amounts of it with some liquid and blend it with a hand-blender. Bit by bit with juice. Makes a nice Mimosa Milkshake.

I reduce this to about 300ml. Then I drain it, strain it, and SQUEEZE all the juice out.

I do this again, boiling, reducing, draining, straining, SQUEEZE all the juice out.

At the end I take a little fresh water and soak the left over plant matter till the squeezings come out clear. This way I know I have exhausted it's extract.

I end up with 1lt mimosa soup.

- decant over night in the fridge
- pour off the clear soup and filter the dregs. If you are using a sep-funnel, the dregs will block it, so get them out.
- I use 150gr NaOH for 200gr MHRB/1lt Juice. I mix the NaOH with water, WAIT FOR IT TO COOL, then add it to the cool MHRB soup
- Proceed with your solvent pulls

It's very simple and easy once you've done a few :-)

I like using whole bark because it makes the filtering process easier.
Peace in mind, Love in heart

killuminati420
#10 Posted : 2/8/2010 10:46:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just mixed the first two simmers together coming to 400ml's in a qt. sized jar, and im on the 3rd simmer right now which i will evap to 200ml's to be a total of 600ml's in the jar and then add 50grams NaOH to it SLOWLY to basify it so i can add 150ml's VM&P Naphtha 5hours after....Am i doing anything wrong?

mumbles
#11 Posted : 2/9/2010 3:03:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

killuminati420 wrote:
I just mixed the first two simmers together coming to 400ml's in a qt. sized jar, and im on the 3rd simmer right now which i will evap to 200ml's to be a total of 600ml's in the jar and then add 50grams NaOH to it SLOWLY to basify it so i can add 150ml's VM&P Naphtha 5hours after....Am i doing anything wrong?
Add your 50g NaOH to 100mls of water, a bit at a time. Adding lye granules directly to the solution will cause local pH spikes and hurt your yields. Base soon before extracting otherwise you will have to heat the vessel up in a hot water bath to get the naptha hot enough to extract all the spice. Generally follow the DMT handbook and scale it back.

killuminati420
#12 Posted : 2/10/2010 5:27:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I added the NaOH to the 3 simmers in the jar, and then 150ml Naphtha about 2hours after, mixed and put in hotwater bath.....after mixing for the whole day, i froze and harvested some DMT which i smoked about an hour ago...NICE...i got the 2nd pull in the freezer right now!

Im going to respect the small amounts this 56grams gave me because its from BBB!! I ordered it RIGHT BEFORE the bust and got lucky!