We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introduction Options

Beginner101
#1 Posted : 10/11/2021 3:05:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I'm in my 20s, have depression, PTSD and anxiety, and want to learn about DMT and its benefits etc. I live in Queensland, Australia.

I'm happy to listen and learn, and hopefully share my results/experiences on here once it's my time.

I have not tried DMT at all yet, but I would like to extract myself, hopefully with the help of you all too.

Thank you,
☺️

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Vangoghdream
#2 Posted : 10/11/2021 3:56:20 AM
WiFfLe In a WaFfLe BoX

Got all those! Psychedelics have helped me quite a bit in my life. Good luck with your extraction and let us know how it goes.

Welcome!

Beginner101
#3 Posted : 10/11/2021 3:59:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the welcome! My extraction didn't work... Will keep trying!

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 10/12/2021 1:33:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Beginner101 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm in my 20s, have depression, PTSD and anxiety, and want to learn about DMT and its benefits etc. I live in Queensland, Australia.

I'm happy to listen and learn, and hopefully share my results/experiences on here once it's my time.

I have not tried DMT at all yet, but I would like to extract myself, hopefully with the help of you all too.

Thank you,
☺️

Greetings and welcome.

Why was you attempt unsuccessful? Maybe I can provide some help or insight.

I too manage some of the same psychological disorders, so if you need someone to hear you, just tug on my eye (since I'll be reading and not listening Smile )

What other, if any, psychedelics have you tried? What did you think?

How do you currently mitigate your depression and anxiety.

Pleasure to meet you.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

justB612
#5 Posted : 10/12/2021 10:21:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome aboard matey Smile

Hope you manage those things with lifestyle changes as well as psychedelics, they really do go hand in hand. A little bit of vegetables, some meditation, a hike or run in the park? Very happy

Feel free to ask questions and read around the FAQ, lots of guides and help here on extraction.

Also, feel free to jump on the chat aswell, occasionally it gets lonely and we can use some good friendly banter Smile

Take care!
A second chance? Huh... I thought I was on my fifth.

null24
#6 Posted : 10/12/2021 11:59:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Howdy and welcome aboard. As you may have guessed, there a lot of us here. For many including myself, we find great benefit in including psychedelics with the healing modalities we use. Just remeber that nothing will "fix" you without you putting in the effort and really hard work of addressing your trauma and roots of depression, which may or may not be wrapped up together and emerge from the same source.

Recently I have been reading "The Body Keeps the Score" by Bessel Van der Kolk MD, a trauma researcher and therapist. It lays out in more or less clinical language the physiological basis of trauma and lays out the theory that a person will embody their trauma, literally holding it within the body, and that occurs from a person being forced to freeze during a life-threatening event by a lack of being able to fight or flee. Mammals will do this when they are unable to flee a predator, and if they are fortunate enough to escape, go through a 'fawning' process in which they shake uncontrollably before they return to their normal life in effect "shaking it off". Animals live more or less under constant threats to their actual lives and a mechanism like this ensures their ability to continue to function biologically. We don't have that luxury and when the culture we live in, be it familial, professional, ethnic, etc., prevents us from processing a event that threatens our life and well-being by not coming together around us in loving support, we experience the set of symptoms called PTSD, which is debiliataing, long term and life threatening.

To that end, doing body work like yoga, dance or eye-desensitization (EMDR) and other non-traditional therapies can help us let go of somatic trauma. Have you ever cried during a massage or physical therapy? That is trauma being released through the interaction with the body. I don't think the mechanism behind this is well understood or can even be described in a scientifically meaningful way, it just works. Psychedelics can be especially useful for this because they help create a meaningful connection between the spirit, mind and body of a person taking them. They can make a person much more aware of their body- which is no small feat with pro-level numbing strategists like PTSD survivors. At the same time, they make one more aware of their emotions and create a internal environment in which it is almost(!) impossible to engage in numbing strategies. You are forced to sit in your body with the way you feel, for hours. In this state, body work is especially beneficial. Dancing or yoga on psychedelics can be ecstatic and produce a transformational release of stored traumatic energy.

It's not even in "processing" the story. You know your story and know it well. You won't forget your story, that isn't what processing trauma is. Although traumatic memories are often stunted and distorted, you know how you feel. Feelings are the clues to your deepest intrinsic self, the part of you that holds certain values that you gained through the various experiences-positive and negative- of your current life. Coming to a deep understanding of oneself by diving into those feelings and discovering why they affect you, being able to define your values through it, leads hopefully to the goal of trauma-processing, the attainment of one's own selfhood.

Ugh I didn't mean to write you an essay but this is at the forefront of my mind lately. Anyway, welcome and I am sure you can find some like minded folks to talk about what you are doing, what works, what doesn't and where you want to be. Be good to ya.

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

roninsina
#7 Posted : 10/12/2021 11:59:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

justB612 wrote:

Hope you manage those things with lifestyle changes as well as psychedelics, they really do go hand in hand. A little bit of vegetables, some meditation, a hike or run in the park? Very happy

I totally agree. I spent half my childhood and most of my time as a young adult with debilitating depression and ptsd. Psychedelics can be really therapeutic, but for me they had the greatest benefits after spending years giving myself a lot of time to reflect, do a ton of parkour, cycling, yoga, aikido, meditation and more meditation, a plant based diet that was sometimes raw, and took constant self assessment. That put me in a deeply anchored position to confront my traumas, and that’s when the psychedelics truly worked their magic.

I still get a little down occasionally, when I’m not managing things well, but reinstilling those healthy behaviors makes everything manageable again and the depression and anxiety go away.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost