We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
My journey to self made Changa Options

Fridge
#1 Posted : 10/4/2021 10:43:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone,

I am a DIY kind of person and I want to make my own Changa, as the subject indicates. I decided it might be useful for me and for others to document my progress. I hope this is OK, as I am new to this place. I still have a lot to learn.

I have gathered limited experience with my DMT and I never tried Changa yet. I want to take it slow and harmalas have been suggested by a member of this forum, to slow things down.
I really, really enjoyed extracting my DMT and I look forward to try my hands on Harmala extraction. Even though the process looks way more complex, but I like the challenge. I looked at the extraction guide below and decided to proceed with it as I got all the tools listed.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Harmal...ion_and_Separation_Guide

After spending hours and hours of reading about Syrian Rue, Changa and MAOIs in general it feels like a clearer idea manifests of how I want to compose mine. Please feel free to chime in with suggestions or in case something seems like a bad idea/you would do something different.

I will list below what I have available (soon), to give you an idea of what I plan to use.

- Freebase DMT
- Syrian Rue seeds (which I plan to use partially for extraction and partially for tea.)
- Dried Mugwort
- Dried spearmint leaves

I also got dried rose petals which I could add, but I am not sure about that yet. In my garden I have passion flowers growing too, but I read that the smoke is harsh on the lungs...

Now I need to make up my mind regarding how much to use from each ingredient. I would be grateful for any suggestion, but so far I was thinking of a 3:2:1 mixture. 3 parts of mixed herbs, 2 parts freebase DMT and 1 part Harmalas.

I hope this thread will become a well of knowledge for others like me.

- Fridge
...no need to worry...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Fridge
#2 Posted : 10/4/2021 4:08:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I received my herbs, IPA and sodium bicarbonate today. I am still waiting for the Syrian Rue seeds.

In the meantime I decided to smoke a bowl of Mugwort. Just to see how it tastes, how harsh it is and if it does have any effect on its own (I didn't expect anything spectacular, but still). I want to test each component first before I mix everything, to make sure everything is to my liking.

Anyway the Mugwort burns perfectly well and it isn't harsh on the lungs. The taste isn't mine though. I could feel a subtle feeling of calmness after smoking it, but that might as well be placebo.

I haven't smoked the spearmint yet, but it smells fantastic. Just like some kind of chewing gums I remember from my childhood. I guess that's a good foundation for my blend. I read that it is possible to infuse IPA with the fragrance of herbs. I am thinking of infusing some IPA with spearmint and some lavender that I just got fresh from the garden.
Once I have infused the IPA with the fragrance of both herbs, I will dissolve the freebase harmalas and DMT in it and then soak the Mugwort in it. So far the the theory.

But first things first... My Syrian Rue will hopefully arrive soon.
...no need to worry...

Soloist
#3 Posted : 10/5/2021 8:15:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mugwort is a very powerful herb in its own right, the calming effect isn’t placebo.
(It’s honestly something I use for many reasons and consider a very close ally)

Though, I would recommend if you can, to harvest your own. Depending on where you live, mugwort flower should be available about now. There is no comparison to purchased mugwort.

I would also recommend mullein. It’s smooth, inert, fluffy, and is a bronchiodialator to boot. An overall great component to smoking blends.

The red autumn leaves of sumac (Rhus) species (are also good to smooth out smoking blends.
You could also try the leaves of Rubus sp. (raspberry, blackberry ect) though those might be out of season.

I suggest foraging for your herbs over all
if you do, ask permission, have intent, be responsible and show gratitude.
It’s another life sacrificing for the sake of yours.

Fridge
#4 Posted : 10/6/2021 5:53:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, Soloist I appreciate your input and I agree with you. Of course nature will be respected and asked before I take from her what I need. I would love to harvest everything I can by myself. For example, I harvested lavender drying at the moment, which I want to use to infuse the IPA.

Mugwort seems not to grow in this part of the country though. Do you suggest to rather discard what I got and look for something else instead?

Edit: I will go to the reserve today and see if I can find interesting plants. Mullein seems to only grow in the northern parts of this continent. But I have access to leonotis leonurus, I just think it isn't flowering yet. Spring has just sprung in this part of the world.

I got plenty of plants growing in my garden too: lavender, mint, passion flower, marry golds for example. I also got cannabis plants, but I feel this is a substance ood on its own and not really suitable for this purpose.

Edit 2: I just remembered that I have dried Salvia Divinorum leaves, which I have grown myself a few years ago. But I feel like lady Salvia might be interfering with the spirit of the molecule?
...no need to worry...

Fridge
#5 Posted : 10/6/2021 3:10:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This morning I had a nice walk in the nature reserve. It is always cleansing to take a walk out there. At the same time I feel a bit sad, because I know that soon I will not be able to visit that place anymore for a long time...

I saw a few interesting plants and trees, which I took photos of. But I am not sure how to upload them or if that function is not yet available for me yet?
...no need to worry...

PsilOutsider
#6 Posted : 10/6/2021 11:14:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I will be aware of your process in the preparation and your results, maybe the next one is me Very happy

Fridge wrote:

- Freebase DMT
- Syrian Rue seeds (which I plan to use partially for extraction and partially for tea.)
- Dried Mugwort
- Dried spearmint leaves

I have read in several places about types of changa, as there are several mixtures, among them apart from mugwort or damiana, I have seen that it is common to use blue lotus, in my experience it is very relaxing, and together with cannabis it greatly enhances the effects, although it tends to leave you sedated in a trance, at high doses it has psychedelic effects, I recommend investigating about it, in the future I plan to make a shroom lemon tea with traces of blue lotus, let's see what happens.

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 10/6/2021 11:22:08 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Fridge wrote:
This morning I had a nice walk in the nature reserve. It is always cleansing to take a walk out there. At the same time I feel a bit sad, because I know that soon I will not be able to visit that place anymore for a long time...

I saw a few interesting plants and trees, which I took photos of. But I am not sure how to upload them or if that function is not yet available for me yet?

When posting, you can either mark the checkbox "attach files to this post" which is immediately under the main edit window, or after you've posted there's a button at the top right - "attach". Just click that and take it from there.

Hope this helps!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Soloist
#8 Posted : 10/6/2021 11:31:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the idea of infusing your IPA (isopropyl alcohol??) is an interesting idea. Hope it works out for you.
If not you could always add the actual plant material to your blend.

As far as the the mugwort…no, I say use what you have. No need to waste it.
Plus given the calming effect I’m sure it will suit your blend just well.

Which, regarding what grows where you are, can I ask your general geographic location?
I’ll reference some of the sources that I use and see what kind of reported locations I can come up with for you.

Fridge
#9 Posted : 10/7/2021 6:19:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PsilOutsider wrote:
Hi, I will be aware of your process in the preparation and your results, maybe the next one is me Very happy

Fridge wrote:

- Freebase DMT
- Dried Mugwort
- Dried spearmint leaves

I have read in several places about types of changa, as there are several mixtures, among them apart from mugwort or damiana, I have seen that it is common to use blue lotus, in my experience it is very relaxing, and together with cannabis it greatly enhances the effects, although it tends to leave you sedated in a trance, at high doses it has psychedelic effects, I recommend investigating about it, in the future I plan to make a shroom lemon tea with traces of blue lotus, let's see what happens.

Good morning PsilOutsider,

thanks for following along, pull up a chair, I hope you will find some valuable information for your project Smile.

Yesterday, I pondered a bit about the ingredients I want to use. I might use some cannabis in the mix in future, but this time I will save it for the come down, I think. I really like doing this whenever I enjoy a mushroom tea.
I heard about blue Lotus too and in fact a friend of mine is growing it at the moment, but the plants are still in their seedling state. I might use them next time though.
...no need to worry...

Fridge
#10 Posted : 10/7/2021 6:20:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Fridge wrote:

When posting, you can either mark the checkbox "attach files to this post" which is immediately under the main edit window, or after you've posted there's a button at the top right - "attach". Just click that and take it from there.

Hope this helps!

This helps a lot Smile. Thank you!
...no need to worry...

Fridge
#11 Posted : 10/7/2021 6:33:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Soloist wrote:
I think the idea of infusing your IPA (isopropyl alcohol??) is an interesting idea. Hope it works out for you.
If not you could always add the actual plant material to your blend.

As far as the the mugwort…no, I say use what you have. No need to waste it.
Plus given the calming effect I’m sure it will suit your blend just well.

Which, regarding what grows where you are, can I ask your general geographic location?
I’ll reference some of the sources that I use and see what kind of reported locations I can come up with for you.

Yes, I was thinking of adding some infused isopropyl alcohol and some of the actual plant material. I got this idea from this forum and it already smells like some of the fragrances have made it into the IPA.

While hiking and thinking about it, I came to the same conclusion. I will keep the Mugwort in the mix, but generally I like the idea to only use collected herbs. I will be better prepared for the next batch I make Smile.

I would be most grateful if you could point me in the right direction. I stay in the south of sunny South Africa.
...no need to worry...

Fridge
#12 Posted : 10/7/2021 6:41:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Today I will receive one of the most important ingredients... Syrian Rue. I have to admit that I am quite excited about this as I have never gotten to know it yet. I will probably test how I react to it tonight, if it feels right to do so. I plan on making a tea with 2 gram for now. I hope the nausea I read about will not be a problem.

I also tried some spearmint in the bong yesterday and I like that the minty note really comes out. I prefer to vaporize my herbs, because I usually can't detect the terpenes, when smoking it. So Mugwort and spearmint will be used.

Edit: OH, I nearly forgot about the pictures I took yesterday. For now I will post the pictures of trees. I haven't been able to identify them yet, but I will do some research today. Maybe some can help with the identification?
Fridge attached the following image(s):
IMG_20211006_082501.jpg (4,366kb) downloaded 98 time(s).
IMG_20211006_091351_BURST002.jpg (2,847kb) downloaded 97 time(s).
IMG_20211006_092155.jpg (4,962kb) downloaded 97 time(s).
...no need to worry...

Fridge
#13 Posted : 10/7/2021 10:34:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

While taking another walk in nature this morning I saw another tree that attracted me. I tried to identify it, but the only one that I could find which resembles it a bit is acacia smallii. However I am sure it's something else.
IMG_20211007_091946.jpg (4,630kb) downloaded 92 time(s).
...no need to worry...

Fridge
#14 Posted : 10/7/2021 10:47:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OK back to the topic Smile. I tend to get side tracked a lot...

I got my rue seeds! 100 gram of which I intend to use 70 gram for extraction and the rest for teas and probably cultivation (I haven't read up on cultivating this plant yet).

I intend to follow the instructions found in the link below. Thank you endlessness for putting the tek together.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Harmal...ion_and_Separation_Guide

I can't wait to do the extraction. I feel I need to start tonight. That is why I will skip testing a tea, because I don't want to possibly be impaired by it and mess up the extraction.
...no need to worry...

Soloist
#15 Posted : 10/8/2021 1:46:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So there seems to be mullein and mugwort in in South Africa…
You can use a website called iNaturalist.org
It’s a “citizen science” site that anyone with an interest can upload pictures and essentially geo-tag them. Very helpful for when you are trying to find a new species .

Type in the scientific name of what you are looking for, you’ll see a page of observations…

Look for the map feature me and you can zoom down literally to street level.

They also have an app but the site is better.

Soloist
#16 Posted : 10/8/2021 1:48:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It’s a “citizen science” site that anyone with an interest can upload pictures and essentially geo-tag them. Very helpful for when you are trying to find a new species .

Type in the scientific name of what you are looking for, you’ll see a page of observations…

Voidmatrix
#17 Posted : 10/8/2021 2:40:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

My apologies, I didn't read this entire thread but there's something I'd like to share with you.

Have you seen this thread?

Or this one?

Or perhaps this one?

Love

Twisted Evil

Marshmallow leaf is another really good one. Soft on the lungs, tastes good, and is highly absorbent.

I like putting a little passionflower in my blends. Tasty and it adds slightly more MAOI.

A lot of the herbs on the list provided above can be searched to see what their effects are.

Hope this helps

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

Fridge
#18 Posted : 10/8/2021 6:19:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Soloist wrote:

That's such a cool and useful tool! Thank you, I feel that website will be of great help in future.

Actually I saw two plants that resemble mugwort in a way, but I will have to take a closer look. Below are two pictures of possible candidates. I will use the page you suggested to check these out closer, once I have familiarized myself with it.

IMG_20211007_090702.jpg (5,042kb) downloaded 73 time(s).
IMG_20211006_084710.jpg (4,290kb) downloaded 71 time(s).
...no need to worry...

Fridge
#19 Posted : 10/8/2021 6:32:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Voidmatrix wrote:
My apologies, I didn't read this entire thread but there's something I'd like to share with you.

Have you seen this thread?

Or this one?

Or perhaps this one?

Love

Twisted Evil

Marshmallow leaf is another really good one. Soft on the lungs, tastes good, and is highly absorbent.

I like putting a little passionflower in my blends. Tasty and it adds slightly more MAOI.

A lot of the herbs on the list provided above can be searched to see what their effects are.

Hope this helps

One love

Hi Voidmatrix, thank you this, it helps indeed! I have studied the first and the last link already during the last couple of days, but the thread were people showcase their changa is new to me. I am sure it is a source of inspiration Smile.

Mmmmh, marshmallow leaf sounds good! I will check it out.
...no need to worry...

Fridge
#20 Posted : 10/8/2021 6:54:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Last night I tried a Syrian Rue tea after all. I was just too curious and it felt like the right thing to do. I made the tea with just 2 gram of seeds. I roasted them, as suggested by a kind member, crushed them a bit, added a bit of lemon juice, simmered the seeds 2x 30mins and reduced the filtered brew.
I have to say it's not the tastiest of teas I drank in my life so far, but I am a person that can ignore these kind of things in the name of science Pleased.

I really enjoyed the effects the rue tea had on me. I am generally sensitive to mind altering substances and I am glad I chose to start with 2 gram. At no point I felt nausea. I felt very calm, balanced and focused. This tea would be very beneficial for meditation I feel. My visual perception was a bit altered. Shiny things appeared more shiny. Eventually I enjoyed a bit of cannabis and the two go very well together.

While I enjoyed the effects of the tea, I started my harmala extraction. This turned out to be a longer process than I thought. I followed the steps in the guide to the T and I hope I did everything correctly. I am busy with step 10 and left the jar in the fridge overnight. Currently I am filtering the brew through a coffee filter to catch the alkaloids and boy it takes forever to run through the filter. If you ever made some bubble hash with a 25 micron bag... this is taking just as long.

I got a question though. When I added the sodium carbonate the color changed, but there was a layer on top that didn't change color. I wonder if that's normal? Below you see a picture of how it looked right after I added the sodium carbonate and one picture of how it looked like this morning when I opened the fridge.

IMG_20211007_222943.jpg (2,642kb) downloaded 68 time(s).
IMG_20211008_062839.jpg (2,270kb) downloaded 66 time(s).
...no need to worry...

123NEXT