We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5-MeO-DMT (Finally) Fixed Me Options

5-CNT-FAI
#1 Posted : 10/4/2021 8:21:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow that questionnaire was a doozy hey, definitely got a few wrong but otherwise I feel pretty good about it!

I'll introduce myself, I'm a biohacking genderbending transexual in my late twenties and I've always seen the patterns in everything thanks to my autism and ADHD. Unfortunately such consciousness isn't appreciated when you're a child pointing out the systemic failures of the world so there was a lot of trauma to unpack and psychedelics were my bellhop and cleaner all in one (wish I could give them a tip!).

I spent a lot of my early twenties as a highly cynical and deeply angry person, and the transformation into how I would now identify as an "optimistic realist" happened at an exponential pace in lockstep with my discovery and subsequent special-interest fascination (read: obsession) with psychedelics.

I was introduced to weed at sixteen when my and my girlfriend at the time stole a nugget from her parents, but it wasn't until I was twenty that I found a regular source. When I was twenty-one I started smoking chronically, and I barely remember the following three years.

I found LSA first, at twenty-four, which provided me with such extreme clarity over how I was making myself suffer by wallowing in my suffering.

A friend introduced me to MDMA and for the first time I was able to just monologue my childhood and cry it out while surrounded by the love and warmth of my partners, and just like that so much of my pain evaporated. Along with traditional therapy, I went from having treatment-resistant cPTSD to not qualifying for a diagnosis at all.

LSD then showed me how aggressive I was (a defence mechanism from childhood abuse) and helped me take the first steps in ending that (ongoing but nearly there).

Shrooms began to help me see myself as beautiful but it was like my friends could just sense I was tripping and would send me upsetting reminders of the past by asking innocent questions about if I was in contact with my ex or some such, so I now take shrooms with my phone locked inside a timed safe.

DMT was up next and wow that first experience lying in the lap of a giant blue woman who was stroking my hair and giving me so much maternal love, the likes of which I never got from the person that should have given it to me.

Last but certainly not least: 5-MeO-DMT, or I really should say bufotenine. Turns out I have a mutation that means I metabolise the MeO into HO at such a staggering rate that I never get to see the white void. At first I was a bit saddened by this, as I really wanted to reach nirvana without doing all that sitting under a tree stuff.

Don't get me wrong, bufotenine is an amazing psychedelic, and I really love the digital neon visuals and the way my body feels like it's covered in the most euphoric static electricity, but yeah, gonna get access to fluconazole (a drug metabolism inhibitor with few serious effects that I plan to to try at very small doses and increase until I get the desired effect) and hope I get to experience the white void some day.

I've gotten a bit off topic, the reason why it's far from least is that exactly a week ago I had this trip and it was a challenging one (I was using a pipe and even with my lab scales it's a bit of a crapshoot, I'm switching to Jaguar vapes for all future trips). I overshot my mark and found myself in the neon crystal palace, and I was inundated with that ego death feeling of "no wait where am I? I meant to turn left back there didn't I?"

When I came back down I threw up and afterwards I was staring into the mirror and I looked beautiful. It started as the same level that shrooms had made me feel beautiful, but it kept intensifying. It wasn't that I was hallucinating my features looking any different, in fact I looked quite villainous with my massively dilated pupils and wide grin, I simply was beautiful in a way I'd never really found myself (not since my second shrooms trip). I told myself out loud that I was beautiful, and I kept staring, and I kept saying it, and I started hopping from foot to foot in a happy stim I've never done (but it felt so natural). I had to get closer so I put my hands on the mirror and starting telling myself I loved me and I kept kissing the mirror (bit embarrassing in hindsight) until my joy and excitement wound down over the course of five minutes (and my legs got tired from all the hopping).

This past week I've had so much energy, it's like my ballast tanks have been drained. I used to struggle to keep my apartment clean but since last Monday I've rearranged the lounge room, vacuumed, done several loads of washing, taken out the massive pile of boxes that needed recycling from my depression Amazon orders, and actually cooked myself and my wife food for once rather than ordering takeout.

I've got a few novel substances like 4-HO-MET, 5-MeO-MiPT and methallylescaline tucked up my sleeve for a rainy day but I'm trying to pace myself especially after that last trip, don't wanna jinx it. I'm aiming to eventually have a personal collection that contains small amounts of practically every substituted tryptamine (I like collecting things, not unlike a magpie).

Thanks for reading my story! I'm keen to be a member of such a likeminded community.
P.S. If you're wondering about my username, CNT-FAI was a union of anarchist Spanish militants during the Spanish Civil War.

- 5-CNT-FAI
We are but the waves of one sea.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ShamanisticVibes
#2 Posted : 10/4/2021 12:09:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I very much enjoyed reading this. A story in which someone finds the divine beauty within oneself is an important one.

It seems as if you have quite the collection going. I would be interested to read a few trip reports of the latter compounds you've mentioned here, as I have absolutely no experience with any of them.

Hopefully one day you are able to find the white space you have been unable to find. It is beautiful, but not the best part of a 5-meo experience, imo. The feeling of comfort and eternal love that comes with it is what truly makes the experience something special and different, for me. I've never been so comfortable and at peace in my life as in those moments.

I also find it inspiring that you were able to alleviate the anger you felt towards the world. While I do believe that anger is a poison, and absolutely can sabotage a person on their journey to personal growth and self love, I also find myself overtaken by anger at times, so your story inspires me to look deeper at the root of the issue in order to better myself, and free myself from those chains of anger I so deeply despise.

Welcome, friend. I look forward to reading more from you. I feel that you may have some valuable lessons to teach through your experiences and your life story.

Blessings
May we continue to be blessed

5-CNT-FAI
#3 Posted : 10/4/2021 4:29:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for your kind words, friend!

I would say that anger is the hardest vice to surrender, and I’m so close but it feels like I’m only ever halving the distance with every stride I take. It’s just so tempting every time, it pumps you up with that adrenaline that feels so good, reminds you so much of your childhood and it whispers in your ear “come on, they deserve it, they brought it on themselves, you’re totally justified here.”

I’ll make sure to write some detailed trip reports when I do try them out!

roninsina
#4 Posted : 10/5/2021 1:50:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome 5!

I think you’ll find a great many of us share your extensive list of interests. You’ve aroused my curiosity with your mention of fluconozole as a CYP450 inhibitor. I hope you’re exercising every caution, though I’d love to hear how it turns out for you. I’m assuming you’ll be (or already have) trying/tried a few doses without ingesting anything with it?
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

5-CNT-FAI
#5 Posted : 10/5/2021 2:05:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you roninsia! Good to be here. Was originally just intending to sign up to message a member about a conversion tek but I guess I’m part of the family now 😊

I’ve not yet tried fluconazole but once I do get it I’ll do some reports! I’ve got variant 17 of 2C19 (as far as I know the fastest metabolism variant) so it should give a good benchmark of efficacy, especially when blended with something so identifiable (a bufotenin trip definitely does not feel like a 5-MeO trip lol)

Gonna be as safe as possible 👌🏼

Safe travels!

roninsina
#6 Posted : 10/5/2021 2:17:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Was just going to mention Fish Fluc as an option. Pet pharma are made in the same labs under the same rigors, but are significantly less expensive and available OTC.

null24
#7 Posted : 10/5/2021 6:34:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Howdy, welcome and thanks for the intro. It sounds like you have done your fair share of experimenting and have a decent familiarity with psychedelic spaces of different sources. I do want to sort of disconnect your association of bufotenine from 5meoDMT. It is easy to conflate the two, possibly because yopo has been tauted to contain 5meo, when it is usually only trace amounts along with higher concentrations of bufotenine.

Quote:
5-MeO-DMT was first synthesized in 1936, and in 1959 it was isolated as one of the psychoactive ingredients of Anadenanthera peregrina seeds used in preparing Yopo snuff. It was once believed to be a major player in the psychoactive effects of the snuff. However, recent tests confirm that bufotenin is the main active psychoactive ingredient of Yopo and that DMT and 5-MeO-DMT are present in quantities too small to elicit much effects.[1] It occurs in many organisms that contain bufotenin(e) (5-hydroxy-DMT), and is the O-methyl analogue of that compound.https://www.wikidoc.org/index.php/5-MeO-DMT

Or it could be confused with the bufo toxin of the Colorado River Toad, which is primarily 5meoDMT.

If you go into an experience with actual 5meoDMT (hopefully not sourced from an animal but rather syntheticWink ) expecting bufotenine, it may be startling and be a barrier to surrendering, which is crucial. I have not done bufo, but my understanding is that it is very visual with an intense and uncomfortable body load, neither of which apply to 5meo. Typically, a pure 5meoDMT trip is startingly bereft of visuals, considering its intense psychedelic-ness. I can tell you a little more about my past work with it if you are interested, which was not done under ideal conditions and which created an intense struggle in me to incorporate but is what I credit as the single biggest thing that allowed me to begin the long work of recovery.

I think it is a incredibly powerful molecule that can create a lasting shift in consciousness and as such needs to be handled with the highest care, its power truly cannot be overstated, as the nature of its experience is ineffable. As opposed to any other substance I have used, working with an experienced person who you can feel-and be- safe around is reccomended with it, and there are good servers out there. There are a whole lot of really bad ones too, just saying.

Also, at the risk of being overly critical, I promise I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I would really appreciate it, for one, if you could break up your text a little with blank lines. I've been reading internet forums since 1995 and my eyes are really tired!Razz I would love to be able to more easily enjoy reading your posts!
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

5-CNT-FAI
#8 Posted : 10/5/2021 2:41:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply! I'm actually very well read on the difference between 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenine (5-HO-DMT), to the point that I was skeptical myself when someone informed me that my metabolism could be the reason I was having extremely atypical 5-MeO trips, of which I've now had six.

The 5-MeO I have on hand is synthetic and pure. It produces white void trips for everyone else I've given it to, except my wife who had a black void trip but due to their aphantasia that's not unusual.

In spite of everyone else getting the typical journey, in me it produces the digital neon light show and physical euphoria that exactly matches the subjective effects index for bufotenin on the PsychonautWiki. The body load can be quite nauseating if I redose or if I do a dose above 15mg, and the only time I did a 20mg dose I had an amazing time but when I came back there was already a small spot of vomit on my pants that I do not remember emitting.

I have several CYP450 gene variants, most notably rs12248560 T;T (CYP2C19*17), which causes ultrafast drug metabolism, but also rs3892097 A;G which (usually) indicates extensive CYP2D6 metabolism. I can't find any specific info on CYP2C19's O-demethylation and hydroxylation of 5-MeO-DMT into 5-HO-DMT, but CYP2D6 has been focused on way more heavily, and is confirmed to have a significant impact on the amount of active metabolite butotenine in the body.

Here is a paper on it. This blog post written by an M.D. has a section on CYP2D6 and notable variants that increase metabolism into bufotenine.

As for 2C19, there's a paper (DOI 10.1007/s00216-015-8955-0) with extensive research on the metabolism pathways of 5-MeO-DALT, with one of the main pathways being O-demethylation and hydroxylation. I don't know if it's against the rules to link to sci-hub considering its questionable legality so I've attached a screenshot from the paper instead, with the points of interest circled.

Hope the formatting on this post was better. I'm used to using software that auto-inserts paragraph breaks, but I'm digging the old-school vibe of an actual forum! I also went back and reformatted my original post.

5-CNT-FAI attached the following image(s):
Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 12.24.50 am.png (391kb) downloaded 103 time(s).

5-CNT-FAI
#9 Posted : 10/6/2021 12:15:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

roninsina wrote:
Was just going to mention Fish Fluc as an option. Pet pharma are made in the same labs under the same rigors, but are significantly less expensive and available OTC.

Oh that’s a great idea!

I’m putting the fluc on hold at the moment as I search for alternatives that have even less side effects. Fluc is indicated as one of the strongest inhibitors so I was gonna start there but that’s definitely the equivalent of taking a little DMT as your first psychedelic experience 🥴

roninsina
#10 Posted : 10/6/2021 1:44:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Without intending to show disregard your journey of self discovery and healing(awesome BTW), and of course your apparent political leanings that mesh nicely with lots of folks here and the psychedelic community at large, self included; I am fascinated by the very specific to you research you’ve done on enzymes and their functions. I think I’ve got a weird brain tooLaughing

I had a most unfortunate run in with a couple forms of sarin some years ago, which among other affects eliminated my ability to produce butrylcholinesterase. Independent of that, I’ve had unusual metabolic reactions to all sorts of drugs for as long as I can remember.

I was wondering if you were able to cull that from a standard blood work-up through a general practitioner or if you had some special lab work done?

And I’m glad you’re searching for a more mild inhibitor, some of the occasional side effects of fluconozole were a bit on the alarming side.

Anyway there are quite a few Nexians who demonstrate much more than my nodding familiarity with enzyme function. I hope you hang around a while with us.

null24
#11 Posted : 10/6/2021 4:42:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Ha ha, okay, you obviously know yourself much better than I know you! Apologies for making an assumption. Enzyme action is very well out of my knowledge base so I can't really comment on it, but I can understand your dissapointment better now. Yeah, the fact that you vomited without being aware is of course a harm redux concern you seem very aware of and its wise to back off at that point. It is too bad it is a challenge for you, but you wouldn't be the first whose metabolism posed a barrier.

Thanks for the formatting too, hate to be so picky but it really helps. It sounds like you have had some remarkable breakthroughs and resolutions through your psychedelic work, I look forward to reading more of your posts.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

5-CNT-FAI
#12 Posted : 10/6/2021 8:06:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

roninsina wrote:
I had a most unfortunate run in with a couple forms of sarin some years ago

As in the terrorism gas thing sarin? I'm so glad you survived!

roninsina wrote:
I was wondering if you were able to cull that from a standard blood work-up through a general practitioner or if you had some special lab work done?

I had my DNA profiled a few years back (unfortunately not under a fake name, I was young and naive about the police State and the slide from neoliberalism into fascism). I used 23andMe. They don't provide any drug metabolism insights so I had to download the raw data and cross reference all the genes myself, which was fun!

5-CNT-FAI
#13 Posted : 10/6/2021 8:08:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Apologies for making an assumption.

No harm no foul, friend Smile

null24 wrote:
Thanks for the formatting too, hate to be so picky but it really helps.

I totally get it, if I hadn't been the one to write it, there's no way I would've been able to read it!

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 10/6/2021 8:52:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Have you seen this info:

http://herbpedia.wikidot.com/cyp2d6 ?
(Apols for lack of https)

Looks like a course of black cumin seed might be worth a try. It's good in general, regardless of modulation of drug metabolism!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

5-CNT-FAI
#15 Posted : 10/6/2021 8:59:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Looks like a course of black cumin seed might be worth a try.

😋 No harm in trying 🤤

roninsina
#16 Posted : 10/8/2021 4:00:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

5-CNT-FAI wrote:
roninsina wrote:
I had a most unfortunate run in with a couple forms of sarin some years ago

As in the terrorism gas thing sarin? I'm so glad you survived!

roninsina wrote:

I had my DNA profiled a few years back (unfortunately not under a fake name, I was young and naive about the police State and the slide from neoliberalism into fascism). I used 23andMe. They don't provide any drug metabolism insights so I had to download the raw data and cross reference all the genes myself, which was fun!

Yes, that sarin. It came from pretty far upwind and had been degraded by heat, so not a lethal dose. Though there were a few truly unpleasant periods over the first years until I learned to avoid some certain new sensitivities. Thank you! I’m so glad I’m not dead, too!

Okay, awesome! I have had my DNA profiled as well. That sounds really empowering. I hope I have the time and cerebral fortitude to follow suit some day in the not so distant future.

And see? downwardsfromzero is one of the folks I was mentioning who would be in the know. I’ve taken so many screenshots of things he’s posted........You’re amazing DFZ!