We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
current project, 1.5x1.5m tent Options

Exitwound
#1 Posted : 10/3/2021 7:18:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

current project:

2x lsd
1x boy scout cookies
1x cookies kush
1x mimosa x orange punch
2x mother gorilla
2x powerplant
1x white widow auto
1x blue cheese auto
1x unknown but potent hybrid

total 960w of led power, 8x qb288 w/ lm301h leds

automatic watering drip system

soil(peat perlite) with coco mulch

early flowering

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Seeingisbelieving
#2 Posted : 10/4/2021 2:34:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice set up man. It'll be nice to see the canopy in your room come harvest. Who are the breeders of the genetics you are running?

Exitwound
#3 Posted : 10/4/2021 10:56:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Seeingisbelieving wrote:
Nice set up man. It'll be nice to see the canopy in your room come harvest. Who are the breeders of the genetics you are running?

Thanks, a lot of work has been put into this and more to be put during flowering months Smile but I hope for good results. First bird - white widow of auto variety has over 18 colas and more on the way.

Regarding genetics, it's quite a zoo over here:
dinafem, dutch passion, rqs, barney's farm and "bagseed" genetics Smile Couple of autos for fast yields, mix of fems and regs for the rest.
Also plants are unevenly spaced in time, some are 2-3 weeks older than youngest one. Some had extra stress at the start.

Overall the smell is already incredible - mix of different terps makes for somewhat very harsh "inside busy amsterdam coffeeshop, but fresher air" type of smell.

Btw drip watering system was quite an interesting DIY project in itself.

Fridge
#4 Posted : 10/21/2021 7:42:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This looks interesting indeed, I am going to follow along Smile. Especially the Mimosa x Orange Punch peaked my interest. Very curious how that one turns out.

I got a little tent myself, halfway through the flowering phase.

Edit: Nice setup!
...no need to worry...

Exitwound
#5 Posted : 10/21/2021 8:14:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fridge wrote:
This looks interesting indeed, I am going to follow along Smile. Especially the Mimosa x Orange Punch peaked my interest. Very curious how that one turns out.

I got a little tent myself, halfway through the flowering phase.

Edit: Nice setup!

Hey, thanks for checking it out Smile I've got some mid-flowering video to post here soon.

Regarding mimosa x op - it really smells different from all other plants, its just like citrus with a little hint of mint, not your typical diesel/piney/earthy weed scent profile I am used to, wondering what the smoke will taste like Smile This particular plant has recovered from early stress (in seedling stage, bottom part of root dried out) remarkably well and is flowering vigorously.

Current zoo of strains serves partially as a selection chamber, I want to choose on 2-3 strains to grow from clones and do a perpetual harvest setup after this one. It's a chore to manage plants with such different phenos, much easier to have uniform canopy and same requirements towards light/water.

I had to reduce power of lights to 60% and rise them higher, 3-4 of the plants got light bleaching symptoms and since I don't have means to supply Co2 yet, I had to lower PPFD to around 650-700 around top of canopy.

Btw as a recommendation for growers on a budget - there is this amazing android app called Photone, it measures PAR using your mobile phone's camera and although results are of course not as accurate as an actual PAR probe, it gives you general good idea about performance of your light with 0$ cost Smile My comparison with factory specs of lights I have, show that it is 10-15% accurate which is enough for me.

Exitwound
#6 Posted : 10/23/2021 4:33:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is current state of things:

Exitwound
#7 Posted : 11/25/2021 10:10:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First plant down, total yield is 53-65gr. Not sure about exact number, as samples were gathered and bioassayed couple of times before harvest Pleased

Considering all things, I am happy with first result. Decent yield for auto flower. I totally overdid with light intensity this run. Currently lights are running at 50% of intensity and still manage to do some bleaching of top colas.