We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Glass Bat VaporGenie + concentrate pad + alcohol candle Options

murklan
#1 Posted : 10/3/2021 6:58:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just want to get this way for making a really smooth and gentle way of vaping on the nexus since I have not found any info on it before.

So I got a glass bat vaporgenie, a concentrate pad (also called liquid pad or drip pad) and a ethanol 'candle'. I pre-melted 20 mg DMT on one pad and 30 on another. I figured that it might be hard to measure while tripping but to change pad would be quite easy.

I pre-dosed ~30 mg rue extracted harmalas sublingual (I usually do ~200mg orally but wanted to do it this way for a shorter session). Held it in for about 10 minutes then spit it out.

I loaded the pad in the glass bat and kept the opening at ~45deg. above the alcohol flame, regulating how deep the flame reached into the bat by how hard I sucked.

The ethanol flame were surprisingly smooth and by the second breath I guess all of the 20mg were gone... and me too. I think the ethanol is about 95% pure alcohol so it also contains quite some water, but it makes for a smooth vapor.

Success!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

some one
#2 Posted : 10/4/2021 10:31:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice. Simplicity. Let us know how 30mg goes and if you also get all of it in two inhalations Thumbs up
some = one | here = some | there = one

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 10/4/2021 12:49:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try using a (small) butane torch with blue pencil flame, with the rest of your equipment this will allow you to vape everything with one toke.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

murklan
#4 Posted : 10/4/2021 10:34:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
Nice. Simplicity. Let us know how 30mg goes and if you also get all of it in two inhalations Thumbs up

I did the 30 mg after ... perhaps 15 minutes Smile I tried a few times times before it all vaped in a long inhalation. I thing the pad needed the warm up from the first tokes.

Tony6Strings wrote:
Try using a (small) butane torch with blue pencil flame, with the rest of your equipment this will allow you to vape everything with one toke.

I have a torch with a single flame but I prefer the alcohol flame. I don't want to break the glass (might not be a issue) and imagine it's better to beath alcohol fumes + water vapor then buthane. Or?

Also by taking harmalas before I asume that I don't need to get it all in tho inhalations but can 'build it up'. Anyhow I don't think I've ever got this far before (been doing DMT/enhansed leaf/changa for 1,5 years). Totally deconstructed vision where some parts/objects in my room stayed seen even as I closed my eyes. And then reality got totally replaced. Like a reality switch like someone called it. I've had similar experiences but not this fast and total, and I also fellt more 'sober' that other times.

Tony6Strings
#5 Posted : 10/5/2021 5:09:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Afaik the butane itself is consumed by the making of the flame, the resulting blue flame is (again as far as I know) safe for smoking/vaping with, it will not leave black soot on pipe or anything like a flame from a match or bic would. This is also true of burning alcohol it burns a clean flame with no soot.

Consuming everything with one toke is not a prerequisite for powerful breakthru experience. Just preference. I like to take one large toke which I hold for 20 count, then lay back and go. I don't enjoy trying to hit a pipe a second or third time when I am coming up.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Th3_tRuTh
#6 Posted : 10/5/2021 5:50:25 PM

Yūgen "a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe ... and the sad beauty of human suffering"

Where did you find the concentrate pads, if you don't mind me asking?

I got some ceramic flavor disks but the concentrate pads look a little more efficient.

starway7
#7 Posted : 10/6/2021 12:47:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can use stainless [pot scrubber].. steel chore boy pads...or i like the stainless..volcano wet pads best...

just cut to size for the bowl and crush and shape the pads so they fit better . and there you go !

You can put spice crystals right on top of stainless pad or dropper liquid spice tincture onto a fairly dense pad .. fan evaporate alcohol first.. then vape the spice... enjoy..

murklan
#8 Posted : 10/6/2021 12:48:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Th3_tRuTh wrote:
Where did you find the concentrate pads, if you don't mind me asking?

I got some ceramic flavor disks but the concentrate pads look a little more efficient.

They were called 'Crafty liquid pad set' by Storz & Bickel at a shop called azarius,

Tony6Strings wrote:
Afaik the butane itself is consumed by the making of the flame, the resulting blue flame is (again as far as I know) safe for smoking/vaping with, it will not leave black soot on pipe or anything like a flame from a match or bic would. This is also true of burning alcohol it burns a clean flame with no soot.

Consuming everything with one toke is not a prerequisite for powerful breakthru experience. Just preference. I like to take one large toke which I hold for 20 count, then lay back and go. I don't enjoy trying to hit a pipe a second or third time when I am coming up.

Yes I think you are right. But the torch sometimes don't work and don't ignite. And I prefer to be able to distill my own fuels instead of using more petroleum and those supporting tructures.

And regarding breathing, if the smoke isn't to harsh (with changa or enhanced leaf) I feel like I can hold my breath for a long time without problem. I believe the dmt is doing something, effecting our detection of carbon dioxide (CO2) in our body or by making us needing less oxygen. At least that how it feels Smile

roninsina
#9 Posted : 10/9/2021 1:28:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I came across the concept of “cool flame” several years back, which are low temperature flames from fuel sources such as the various alcohols, if I’m not stating the obvious. It occurred to me that some of the flame temperatures were low enough to maybe even make conduction style vaping a viable option. I think I got overly concerned about the concentration of water increasing as the alcohol burned away and consequently changing the flame temperature or dousing the flame etc., but was mostly concerned I might accidentally fumble around in my rush to escape my body while making my dash for hyperspace and somehow start a fire.

Did you figure out an auto on/off for the flame or are you just shielding it from the potential flailings of an unoccupied body? I’m assuming I missed something obvious? I could definitely see this as a viable option if one found themselves in a variety of conditions that weren’t otherwise conducive to the various methods that have been well established. An Arc Turboflame and GVG or a pricey vape rig aren’t viable options for everyone for a variety of reasons.

As a side note regarding ceramic discs and steel wool pads, the member Iracema made a post a few years back about the little porous stones used to fill fish tank biofilters. They would use the same tincture method mentioned by Starway7 and predose several stones for ease of repeated dosing or for facilitating group journeys.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

murklan
#10 Posted : 10/19/2021 9:41:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

roninsina wrote:
Did you figure out an auto on/off for the flame or are you just shielding it from the potential flailings of an unoccupied body? I’m assuming I missed something obvious? I could definitely see this as a viable option if one found themselves in a variety of conditions that weren’t otherwise conducive to the various methods that have been well established. An Arc Turboflame and GVG or a pricey vape rig aren’t viable options for everyone for a variety of reasons.

As a side note regarding ceramic discs and steel wool pads, the member Iracema made a post a few years back about the little porous stones used to fill fish tank biofilters. They would use the same tincture method mentioned by Starway7 and predose several stones for ease of repeated dosing or for facilitating group journeys.

Hi!
Good and relevant questions. I've not found a good way to turn off and on the flame. Instead it's being on a table to my side and the glass jar with the flame is quite stable. I guess I could fall on it somehow but in my many journeys for ~2 years this seems not to happen. I also take harmalas before so the onset of the DMT is not so fast and furious. I have time to put down the pipe and lay down comfortably.

Regarding predosing pads. This is what I do. The bat is perhaps a bit trickier then the sherlock and you have to fiddle to get the pads into the chamber. But I predose three and just swap them when I'm able/feel like it.