We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
House's preparation tek Options

cyantific
#1 Posted : 9/28/2021 10:14:50 PM

Journeyman

I'm interested in knowing more about the crystalline alkaloids mentioned in step 3. I'm curious if anyone has experience they'd be willing to share?

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...n_VS._Crystalline_powder

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 9/29/2021 9:13:45 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Could you be more specific about what it is that you'd like to know?

Is it, how the crystals are formed? Their purity (mineral salts could co-crystallise)?

Or experiences of their effects?

More generally, growing crystals by evaporation is something of a standard procedure, but it's still good that you ask about this simple, solvent-free (besides water), base-free method. Perhaps it seems almost too good to be true?

Short boils on fresh cactus material yield a purer product. To keep the length of the simmering time an absolute minimum, cut the cactus into paper-thin stars after removing the waxy cuticle. (This is different from step 1 of House's.) Time invested in cutting is paid back in shorter simmering times and a correspondingly lower energy usage.

Burning the spines off with a blowtorch also causes the skin to blister up slightly, which may ease its subsequent removal.

I think crystals are more likely to form if you happen to chance upon a cactus with low mucilage content. I've never produced crystals like this, but then again that was never my goal. Different species and varieties of cactus can yield different qualitative effects as well.

It would be interesting to compare the effects of the crystals with those of the unevaporated brew.

The instructions seem pretty clear to me, just follow them and be sure to report back.

You've piqued my interest Smile

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

doubledog
#3 Posted : 9/29/2021 9:18:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, mescaline (most likely in the form of malate salt) crystalizes on the surface of the resin and is clearly visible. It is easier to achieve this with acetone or ethanol bombing of reduced tea and separating mucilage before evaporation.

But I am not really sure if it's possible to separate crystals from the resin at the bottom.

doubledog
#4 Posted : 1/13/2022 10:24:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

natural salt crystals
doubledog attached the following image(s):
20200719_135121.jpg (1,419kb) downloaded 74 time(s).