We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Reuse of Solvents in 69ron's D-Limonene Mescaline Tek Options

SammaSam
#1 Posted : 9/26/2021 2:58:54 PM

Ο† ≑ (1+√5)/2 ≑ Me

Any advice regarding the reuse of D-Limonene and MEK after completing 69ron's D-Limonene Mescaline Extraction?

Any process / techniques for cleaning up solvents for reuse (if necessary) would be appreciated! Big grin

"God is not outside us but is just us, the living and the dead, the never-lived and never-died. That we should learn it only now, is supreme reality, it was written a long time ago in the archives of universal mind, it is already done, there's no more to do." ~ Jack Kerouac

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 9/26/2021 3:29:02 PM

❀️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I've simple reused the d-limonene. I would guess you can wash it with water also, not sure it would be very beneficial since you kind of already "wash" it when recovering mescaline salt from it.

Not sure about MEK. You use that to wash mescaline acetate/salt, right? You probably want to at least dry it. Not sure it is worth to reuse since wash volume should be low.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

SammaSam
#3 Posted : 9/26/2021 4:27:27 PM

Ο† ≑ (1+√5)/2 ≑ Me

Thanks! Glad to hear there isn't anything extra to do with the d-limonene. Yes MEK is dry, I figured the MEK was a lost cause since it's such a low quantity. I just hate wasting material if I can avoid it Cool

"God is not outside us but is just us, the living and the dead, the never-lived and never-died. That we should learn it only now, is supreme reality, it was written a long time ago in the archives of universal mind, it is already done, there's no more to do." ~ Jack Kerouac

shroombee
#4 Posted : 9/26/2021 5:50:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Take a look at the CIELO tek and associated working thread if you haven't had a chance yet. It's much easier and faster than the limonene tek (I've done CIELO and limonene plenty of times).

SammaSam
#5 Posted : 9/27/2021 5:04:51 PM

Ο† ≑ (1+√5)/2 ≑ Me

Is is possible to do CIELO with regular MEK instead of the substitute? Any modifications necessary?

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 9/27/2021 5:31:35 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

SammaSam wrote:
Is is possible to do CIELO with regular MEK instead of the substitute? Any modifications necessary?

That would be entirely experimental, AFAIK.

MEK has a much higher water solubility than EA, and a different reactivity with bases. This may or may not complicate the lime paste pulls. Considering its use in cleaning mescaline crystals it will likely pull more impurities than EA does; maybe the citric acid precipitation would make that unimportant but we don't even know whether mesc citrate would precipitate from MEK like that. Citric acid is fairly soluble in acetone so it may show an appreciable solubility in MEK too.

If you can try this out on a small scale, give it a try and report back.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

SammaSam
#7 Posted : 9/27/2021 6:26:14 PM

Ο† ≑ (1+√5)/2 ≑ Me

Will do, probably next week. Anyone have anything else to add?

Also - the materials list for CIELO mentions "washing soda" but I can't tell what it is from the photo. Is it the sodium carbonate mentioned in the Reclaim Solvent step?

Loveall
#8 Posted : 9/27/2021 7:18:38 PM

❀️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

SammaSam wrote:

Also - the materials list for CIELO mentions "washing soda" but I can't tell what it is from the photo. Is it the sodium carbonate mentioned in the Reclaim Solvent step?

Yes, washing soda is sodium carbonate.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

shroombee
#9 Posted : 9/28/2021 1:44:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SammaSam wrote:

Results aren't quite as consistent as we'd like. Some of us have great results whereas others haven't had as much success. The variation is probably due to differences in the cactus material. So I recommend a trial run of 50 grams cactus first.

Let us know how it goes.

SammaSam
#10 Posted : 9/28/2021 2:45:26 AM

Ο† ≑ (1+√5)/2 ≑ Me

Loveall wrote:

Yes, washing soda is sodium carbonate.

Perfect, thanks for the clarification Smile

shroombee wrote:

Results aren't quite as consistent as we'd like. Some of us have great results whereas others haven't had as much success. The variation is probably due to differences in the cactus material. So I recommend a trial run of 50 grams cactus first.

Ok thanks for the heads up!