We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Use of Polyethylene Glycol 400 molecular weight with DMT Options

Dirty T
#1 Posted : 9/24/2021 6:01:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know that PEG400 has been used as a cannabis carrying agent or 'liquidizer' for years (I.e; Lick's), most over the counter "liquidizer" products contain a combination of PEG400 and a small amount of botanical derived terpenes. I also know the formation of Formaldehyde and Acetaldedhyde occurs at 230 degrees Celsius which is a good 30 degrees above (actually closer to 50 degrees. Both DMT and CBC reach vaporization at 180 degrees Celsius) our application and have serious doubts these tiny ceramic cartridges could reach those temperatures without possibly damaging the cartridge itself.

My question is has anyone used PEG400 as a thinning agent with DMT? I want to keep using CBC but was thinking if I added around 3-5% PEG400 the oil would flow in the cartridge so much better I may no longer need to 'pulse fire' in order to prevent harsh dry fires or damage to the cartridge. I did thorough testing years ago and PEG400 is nearly undetectable at the low temperature setting used for DMT, flavorless and creates no "throat hit". I have also seen weird emulsions form with some "liquidizing agents" (anything with more than 10% VG comes to mind, it blows apart THC in the cartridge and looks like worms floating in oil). I would just give it a shot but do not want to sacrifice 750mg DMT as unlike with the PG or CBC I have serious doubts I could remove PEG by backsalting if the cartridge doesn't work as intended.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.