We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tropane analysis? Options

ms_manic_minxx
#1 Posted : 9/11/2021 9:18:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there any way to analyze plant material for tropanes?

I have Brunfelsia Grandiflora, but do NOT want to dip my toes in the water until I can determine which tropanes are present and in what quantities. They may or may not even be there, as there are tons of conflicting analyses that have been published.

Is this even possible with any type of home test kit?
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

donfoolio
#2 Posted : 9/12/2021 5:06:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think so. The alkaloids of brunfelsia like other nightshade plants are numerous and without access to professional GC or other, you can never be sure.

These are interesting plants, but working with them isn't easy, at least because information is hard to get and they are really, name it, toxic.

I wouldn't approach these plants scientifically, because I think you drift from its essentials bit find ways of communion, softer then consomation: some people hang up dried plants in their sleeping room to induce shifts in dream activity - that's already a lot.

Don't eat them! If you want to do so, find somebody who knows... And that's not easy at all today...

A little amount of brugmansia in an ayahuasca brew really changed the game for me, and I understood better the concept of synergies. But things like this are impossible to recommend. Dont eat them!
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!