We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Daily use of dmt and maximal dosage? Options

Era/is
#1 Posted : 9/9/2021 9:42:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a question:
using dmt i read that 180 mg would be estimated as a fatal dose.

What I have noticed is that it tends to accumulate in the organism and doing p.e. three experiences of 50 mg per day (150 mg per day) (bong - citrate aspirated in a few seconds) I realized that one cannot rely on precise data.
Trying these experiences for several days I think it can be dangerous.

I will be grateful to those who can enrich these notions perhaps by attaching studies and tests .

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Voidmatrix
#2 Posted : 9/9/2021 11:17:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Last I checked, the LD50 (a metric I'm not fond of, but hey, we work with what we got) has yet to be reached in humans.

It's a pretty safe compound, physically. Though it is speculated that it could be a catalyst for underlying psychiatric issues.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

M0K0
#3 Posted : 9/10/2021 7:59:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LD 50 of DMT is 32mg for 1 kg of body weight. So i guess you can way exeed the 150 mg but i heard you will bring nothing back and it seems like sleeping without dreaming. Some people suggest that its a protection from experiences you are not ready to handle yet.
If you smoke it right, you can't hold a pipe.

Voidmatrix
#4 Posted : 9/10/2021 12:04:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Moko, due to your post, I found this ncbi article with that ld50 information.

But yeah, ime when one does too much, they'll go through it, but not remember it.

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

King Tryptamine
#5 Posted : 9/10/2021 2:17:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LD-50s that have been ran on rats carry little weight for humans. If I'm not mistaken the lethal dose for a given drug varies considerably between individuals, there's people who have died from as little as 30mg of cocaine where others can tolerate up to 5 grams. I believe this applies to all drugs including psychedelics.

N,N-DMT has a moderately powerful vasoconstritive effect shooting up blood pressure. It also causes tachycardia further increasing myocardial oxygen demand. Further more it displays 5-HT2B agonism, certain drugs that share this characteristic such as MDMA have been linked to heart valve disease. N,N-DMT has not been studied enough as with other serotonergic psychedelics but even still, I don't think you'll be doing yourself any favours taking it daily provided you can even pull off such a endeavour. You'll be putting your heart under some pretty immense strain taking it repeatedly like that. IMO anyway.

Era/is
#6 Posted : 9/10/2021 3:00:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In fact the most daily experiences have not given me problems ... ... the problem seems to be in the accumulation, or the body reading the dmt inputs could reflect the near-death phase of a person, since this seems to happen.

I extracted from mhrb by bringing directly from solvent to citrate water. So crystals on tobacco (has a very small quantity of maoi's.

Tasting today some bland phalaris-cigarette extract, I felt the consciousness that immediately began to push again towards that expansion where I happened to see our universe and the parallel ones as a very small agglomeration in a larger space than usual.
I was surrounded by skulls that tore me apart in words telling me that I am stupid because I was about to tear myself to pieces ...

... wow what a bad tripTwisted Evil Wink

ShamensStamen
#7 Posted : 9/10/2021 8:45:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I took DMT orally with Harmalas daily/near daily for 4 years straight, turned out just fine.

Tomtegubbe
#8 Posted : 9/10/2021 9:13:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamensStamen wrote:
I took DMT orally with Harmalas daily/near daily for 4 years straight, turned out just fine.

Wow. I understand know where your knowledge comes from.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

ShamensStamen
#9 Posted : 9/10/2021 9:59:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Indeed lol. Not that i know everything, there's still so much more to learn, and i can't wait until i'm ready to dive back in again at some point. I just wish more people weren't so quick to dismiss people with experience, merely because they did their own thing and not with a shaman.

Voidmatrix
#10 Posted : 9/10/2021 10:08:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamensStamen wrote:

Ha! That's pretty awesome. Wish I could make that kind of time.

I have smoalked several days in a row on many occasions without any noticeable negative side effects. Quite the contrary actually.

One love

Era/is
#11 Posted : 9/11/2021 9:11:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So, should be too much pressure in the brain?

The pain was physical, in my head I heard a hiss that seemed to screech like a train about to derail. The whole manifested itself with a bodily saturation that could not be said to be given by pressure but by a feeling of emptiness.

Years ago I tried to understand why the mhrb can project into the void ...
... as for hyperspace, I wouldn't talk about it, it was a beach before crossing the sea and meeting the pre-Columbian civilizations - in the past experiences.

However, the variety of data confirms that it will still be necessary to understand how far this substance can be tested at the threshold limits.

I apologize if I ask further but also for me there should not have been substantial difficulties since I had pondered the use by appealing to a good set, setting and pranic diet.

ShamensStamen wrote:

Okay, so we could see the relationship between effects and speed of intake?
I know more people who use aya and the like on a daily basis.

Voidmatrix wrote:

I have smoalked several days in a row on many occasions without any noticeable negative side effects. Quite the contrary actually.

May I ask how?

By vaping I got light effects compared to the citrate in the bong.
For example, if I smoke a cigarette with 100 mg I don't say I don't feel it but the effects are almost mild.
If I vaporize I take 4-8 seconds and therefore more slowly than with the bong.
I would estimate the bong intake to be 1-2 seconds.

M0K0
#12 Posted : 9/11/2021 10:17:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cocaine is an entire different subject and much more harmfull than tryptamines.
I would never do more than 20mg blows but its widely known that pure coca got a realy low ld50.
For DMT i guess you will pass out before reaching critical ereas, i personally never managed to smoke more than 50 mg for one flight.
Yes the ld dosage may vary from species to species but i think that sience is pretty shure right now that DMT is not very harmfull and other tryptamines like lsd25 or psylocin also seem to do not much harm to your physical state even if you way exeed the recommendet dosage.

King Tryptamine
#13 Posted : 9/11/2021 12:27:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cocaine was just a analogy I was trying to make about the negative repercussions of drug use varying not only across species but per individual. As for cocaine being more harmful than most tryptamines maybe so, but you got to remember theses compounds have not undergone nearly as much scientific scrutiny as the local anesthetic, and they do not have nearly as high as a population of users. I think tryptamines like N,N-DMT and psilocin are orders of magnitude safer but saying they're completely harmless on the physiological level? I don't know, I wouldn't take any chances just because some guy on the internet took pharmahuasca daily for four years just like I wouldn't trust some guy who said their grandpa lived till his 80's and was a long term smoker. The chances of encountering a bad side effect is a probability but not a certainty, and like I mentioned previously, varies per individual.

The use of DMT is generally recognised as safe when using it once in a while, I think that's well established by now. Furthermore there are no recorded deaths in medical literature, unless you take into account some ayahuasca brews with god knows what inside it. But taking it chronically is not something that has been studied extensively and the negative side effects of any drug only compound the more frequent its used. I don't know whether it will cause damage being used in that way, for all I know it could be as benign as caffeine or THC, but their just isn't enough legitimate data out their to go on, and anecdotal reports by people using it everyday is not something I'd consider legitimate.

M0K0
#14 Posted : 9/11/2021 7:51:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im not a scientist im just a psychonaut but i think the mission in this forum for some of us is to find out on our own. Ketamine for example was considered relatively safe by medicine for a long time but i can feel that it harms my body (kidney and bladder).
You are right safety goes first but for DMT i would think more about the mental dangers instead of physical damage also it was consumed for tousands of years.

love is out

Dirty T
#15 Posted : 9/11/2021 10:01:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

King Tryptamine wrote:
Cocaine was just a analogy I was trying to make about the negative repercussions of drug use varying not only across species but per individual. As for cocaine being more harmful than most tryptamines maybe so, but you got to remember theses compounds have not undergone nearly as much scientific scrutiny as the local anesthetic, and they do not have nearly as high as a population of users. I think tryptamines like N,N-DMT and psilocin are orders of magnitude safer but saying they're completely harmless on the physiological level? I don't know, I wouldn't take any chances just because some guy on the internet took pharmahuasca daily for four years just like I wouldn't trust some guy who said their grandpa lived till his 80's and was a long term smoker. The chances of encountering a bad side effect is a probability but not a certainty, and like I mentioned previously, varies per individual.

The use of DMT is generally recognised as safe when using it once in a while, I think that's well established by now. Furthermore there are no recorded deaths in medical literature, unless you take into account some ayahuasca brews with god knows what inside it. But taking it chronically is not something that has been studied extensively and the negative side effects of any drug only compound the more frequent its used. I don't know whether it will cause damage being used in that way, for all I know it could be as benign as caffeine or THC, but their just isn't enough legitimate data out their to support it, and anecdotal reports by people using it everyday is not something I'd consider legitimate.
Well yes, until drug interactions are involved which can quickly create quite sticky situations. I would deem DMT relatively physically safe as long as it isn't taken in conjunction with things it's not supposed to be taken with (ie SSRI, serotonin syndrome is fatal). On it's own it is safe, yes. I also agree with the stance that it may not be the best idea for the 'mentally fragile' to use DMT or any psychedelic substance really. I could tell you a horror story about my little brother taking approximately 2500ug LSD in the 90s whereas I was "dosed" with over 10x that amount about 15 years later and other than a bad trip and temporary paralysis (about 5 hours) and tracers for days afterwards I had no negative effects and it actually had a very positive effect on me, the main problem is he is what was then classified as schizophrenic and should have never taken any hallucinogenic substance period, it always caused psychosis. Every person is different, every person's brain chemistry is different, what may be effective for one may be ineffective or have horrific side effects for another. I suggest considerations be made in respect to mental stability before using any psychedelic substance.

On a side note my buddies dad is 79 and smoked 2 packs a day for 65 years. He had a fight with melanoma a decade ago but never had a single breathing issue and the guy LIVES in his garage, always around open gas cans, carburetor cleaner, etc... The man brushed his teeth with comet when we were kids to show us "how tough he was". My dad smoked his whole life as well and died at 64 from prostate cancer. I have a friend that passed two weeks ago at 68 from Large Cell Squaloma, He would not stop smoking right to the end. Everyone is different, maybe someday science will have an answer as to why some people die from lung cancer after relatively short term exposure to smoke and others live their whole lives around it and doing it with little or no consequence.

Voidmatrix
#16 Posted : 9/11/2021 10:54:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Era/is wrote:
May I ask how?

Either vaping freebase on the V4 crucible (15-20mg) or changa (I usually just pack a bowl and go with it Laughing )

Also, I don't think I've journeyed a whole week in a row but a few times. Just to provide a little more detailed data for you.

And wow, I got behind on this thread.

All I can say is, Cocaine is a hell of a drug...Twisted Evil

One love

King Tryptamine
#17 Posted : 9/12/2021 11:22:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
All I can say is, Cocaine is a hell of a drug...Twisted Evil

I'm sure that's something we can all agree on Cool

Era/is
#18 Posted : 9/12/2021 6:16:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the answers, they are very precious because it is true: we experiment alone but with the help of friends everything becomes more understandable.

Of course, cocaine is dangerous but it must be taken into account that pre-Columbian civilizations used it ceremonially by linking it to death and I don't think it created as many problems as this 70% cut powder.

Discussing today with a friend, he also made me think about the presence of diamines that could form and saturate ...
... putrid stuff in short, worthy of skulls ... ... after several days I still hear the sounds a bit like on the radio and every now and then I see some shadow ...

... after all, I have also decided to do threshold experiments and therefore I see importance in marking any problems or dangers. For the rest I was able to meet a friend who died 35 years ago ... ... he was there with me and it calmed me to glimpse the possibility of bridging between material and immaterial.
The future knocks on the doors and presents itself as ancient knowledge which wiil be dusted offSmile