We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
For those who use TINY amounts of Datura for potentiation etc. Options

VoidBeast
#1 Posted : 9/7/2021 9:10:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was intrigued when some time ago on this forum I had stumbled upon 69ron's work regarding the use of tiny amounts of datura seeds to reduce nausea and potentiate psychedelics. This sent me on a lot of research over a few months now in which I learned also something of flying ointments and the idea of topical use. This was primarily intellectual curiosity at first because my initial response was honestly “WTF, is this really a thing people do?” My whole life (I'm almost 40) I've known not to touch Datura. As in literally not to touch it, that's how much this was impressed on me ever since the first time I saw one and was amazed by its beauty as a kid. When I was 19 and I started to get into entheogens (and I really was getting into entheogens not just trying to get high), one of the first things that was double impressed on me despite Castenada's fiction was don't ever do Datura, you will go crazy for days, forever, or die. I live in an area where you sometimes hear stories directly of this happening when kids think its a free high. So trust and believe that I understand no one in their right mind, including myself, wants to experience a datura delirium. I'm hoping responses can stick to those with actual experience with the specific ways of using Datura I'm asking about. That said...

For those of you who have used tiny amounts of datura seeds only in the ways outlined in 69ron's posts (1-3 seeds to eliminate nausea and potentiate the experience of other psychedelics, taking long breaks, etc), have you ever regretted this practice? One reason I'm even needing to ask this is because when I search for answers on this topic, not just on this forum but other relevant places, most of the threads are older and got taken over by a lot of horror stories about people using datura in ways well documented to be highly dangerous, or people just saying they would never touch datura in any way because of said stories. While it seems that quite a few people in the entheogenic community do use this practice to good result, there also seems to be a lot of cautionary “you'll eventually be sorry” attitudes towards it from others, that it's only a matter of time before the Datura will “get” them. So my question to the actual practitioners of this form of Datura use, has Datura ever “got you” on 1-3 seeds? Have you ever ended up with an unintentional delirium, or scary physical symptoms, or any kind of gradual negative effects that snuck up on you over time? Do you find yourself more likely to have a negative experience if datura seeds are involved in the trip or does it strongly change the vibe of the primary psychedelic? 69ron also posted on using D. inoxia in similar tiny amounts for dream work. For people with actual experience using D. inoxia this way, similar questions?

What about D. wrightii? That's what grows native where I live and I had a plant pop up on my property last year. I can't find the exact post now but I recall it being suggested somewhere in those threads that D. wrightii was chemically similar to inoxia and might be used interchangeably, but no one actually reported doing so. In other sources I've seen it speculated that it was either safer or more dangerous than other species, but both statements seemed to be based purely on subjective interpretation of local indigenous practices (oddly enough the same practices, people thinking either that the plant was safer than other Daturas because it was commonly used, or that it was more dangerous because people often died in the ritual). Does anyone have any real world knowledge or experience of wrightii, again assuming using only tiny amounts (which isn't how it was used in the initiation ceremony that killed people)? If it was comparable to either of the others without being more dangerous it would be preferable to me to harvest a native plant than buy seeds somewhere if I did ever want to explore this.

In addition to the seeds, I was also curious if anyone had experience with Datura ointments, yes in the sense of flying ointments but also simply for use medicinally for joint pain as I have Lupus and nothing much I've tried helps for it beyond “sorta.” I already have read about how to safely use it so I'm more asking the same questions as above: Have you ever “oopsed” and regretted it? I have again read posts warning that it “sounded like a good way to accidentally overdose” from people who avowed never to touch the stuff, but has anyone with experience in this area found themselves accidentally doing so? I wouldn't mind a mild meditative or sedative effect from something like this since it would help me sleep when in pain, again not looking to "trip balls" on a flying ointment but I'm not gonna lie that if my feet which are normally in constant pain felt lighter for a little while that might be a relief to me if the line wasn't too thin between that and "oh shit!"

Lastly, I have heard numerous times that simply sniffing the pollen of the flowers was a traditional way Datura was used and that this alone was pretty safe and shamanic in nature but I can only find one post where a person says they snort related Brugmansia pollen but didn't really say its effects. Anyone have experience with this and what it's like and how it compares to small amounts of seeds? And similar questions as above again.

Please, please let's keep it to responses about the specific ways of approaching Datura I'm actually asking about. If you feel compelled to share something like any of the following:

Eating an entire pod full of seeds and ending up in the hospital.
Making datura tea and having a delirium for 3 days.
Smoking datura joints until one day “oops.”
“Microdosing” datura seeds for an entire year straight without a break and developing a psychosis.

...please just don't, because I have already read possibly hundreds of those stories over a 20 year period, which is the only reason why I'm asking those with actual experience in these much-less-talked-about approaches to Datura. A lot of the posts discussing the seeds in detail are older and so I would think enough time has elapsed now that if the doomsayers were right there would be some evidence. I have no wish to have a Datura delusion but it's impossible to study shamanism around the world and not constantly run into this plant. There must be a reason for that and it seems likely to me that the secret to it is contained in these very minor uses and that is the only thing I'm asking about here.
Vi veri universum vivus vici

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

doubledog
#2 Posted : 9/12/2021 7:57:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems that nobody really use the seeds this way.

In the past, I used to eat Datura seeds quite frequently, and few times I also took just 2-3 seeds for dream enhancing and it worked very well without any issues.

I think that using it just as an low dose admixture to other substances should be safe.