We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Bouncing Bear raided Options

amor_fati
#41 Posted : 2/6/2010 5:45:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Martyrdom isn't enough, as most care little about such plights. The entheogenic community has a choice and chooses to disregard the law, and it should be prepared to defend that position tooth and nail. There's plenty of ammunition at its disposal in the form of historical evidence and scientific research; these must be presented in the public theater, and it's fast becoming too late for this to happen on the community's own terms--the courtroom will have to suffice.

Best case scenario, found here: http://shroomotopia.net/index.p...ew=findpost&p=101763
Quote:
Im there, brotha man. But seriously, I know what this is. See, before a state bans a substance, they organize task forces to go out and sieze the SUPPLY of that substance so there isnt a big black market surplus, get it? Its happended a DOZEN times to similar companies, and a lot of the time, their back in business within 60 days.
Maybe not in this case, but they arent the only source for such things.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#42 Posted : 2/6/2010 7:35:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My advice:

START AN EMAIL RIOT! Email every government office in Kansas and complain about this. It is completely unfair.

START A YOUTUBE RIOT! Post videos about how unfair this is. Make everyone aware of this.

WE NEED TO GET ACTIVE. Our rights are being violated here. Not just BBBs. BBB may have pushed the envelope a little more than we would have liked, but the fact that the DEA can make a move like that is absolutely disgusting.

WILL YOU BE NEXT IN LINE TO BE HARASSED BY THE DEA? I’m sure they now have thousands of addresses of people who bought from BBB. I don’t like this. I’m sure no one else does either.

WE NEED TO STAND UP FOR OUR RIGHTS! If we don’t, no one will.

People can make a difference. Look at California. Marijuana is now sold openly, and legally, in many locations. The PEOPLE made this happen, not the government officials. The PEOPLE did it.

We have to be vocal. We should not be quiet about this. We need to show the government that the entheogenic community is here and is not going to stand for this mistreatment anymore.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

ElusiveMind
#43 Posted : 2/6/2010 7:39:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Man I hope this doesn`t affect too many other vendors and I HOPE that this doesn`t cause any domino affect of raids....
I`m stalking up right now....

I also thought you couldn`t get busted for have possession of entheogens unless they were extracted for the goodies? Or was BBB forum the downfall and actually ENOUGH to get the warrant? Shocked

@ 69Ron
it was the FDA not DEA
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

Kartikay
#44 Posted : 2/6/2010 7:50:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
Martyrdom isn't enough, as most care little about such plights. The entheogenic community has a choice and chooses to disregard the law, and it should be prepared to defend that position tooth and nail. There's plenty of ammunition at its disposal in the form of historical evidence and scientific research; these must be presented in the public theater, and it's fast becoming too late for this to happen on the community's own terms--the courtroom will have to suffice.

This is exactly why I think Nexus should allow a section of the forums on Law. People need to be informed about the current state of entheogen-use and how people are making their case in court. You should know what works and what does not, and how to prepare yourself best in case the worst should happen. Much of the history is out there, and you can copy/paste the history that has been used in court cases that have been won, to have at your disposal if you ever need it. I'm still surprised that so many people would rather ignore the fact that these substances, even precursors, are being put into an increasingly grayer area by the day.

69ron wrote:
My advice:

START AN EMAIL RIOT! Email every government office in Kansas and complain about this. It is completely unfair.

START A YOUTUBE RIOT! Post videos about how unfair this is. Make everyone aware of this.

WE NEED TO GET ACTIVE. Our rights are being violated here. Not just BBBs. BBB may have pushed the envelope a little more than we would have liked, but the fact that the DEA can make a move like that is absolutely disgusting.

WILL YOU BE NEXT IN LINE TO BE HARASSED BY THE DEA? I’m sure they now have thousands of addresses of people who bought from BBB. I don’t like this. I’m sure no one else does either.

WE NEED TO STAND UP FOR OUR RIGHTS! If we don’t, no one will.

People can make a difference. Look at California. Marijuana is now sold openly, and legally, in many locations. The PEOPLE made this happen, not the government officials. The PEOPLE did it.

We have to be vocal. We should not be quiet about this. We need to show the government that the entheogenic community is here and is not going to stand for this mistreatment anymore.

Dude, I agree, but people already voted that they would rather ignore the legality factor than face facts. I would be pleasantly surprised if this raid changed people's minds, but I doubt it.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

Kartikay
#45 Posted : 2/6/2010 7:53:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm really confused, guys. The article links don't work anymore, and the thread that the Shroomery had has been deleted. wtf.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

SoCal
#46 Posted : 2/6/2010 8:02:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

such a shame. simple close minds oppressing enlightenment seeking open minds.

obliguhl
#47 Posted : 2/6/2010 8:35:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
This is exactly why I think Nexus should allow a section of the forums on Law. People need to be informed about the current state of entheogen-use and how people are making their case in court.

What about a section "Raising positive awareness" ?

clouds
#48 Posted : 2/6/2010 8:35:47 AM

Human

69ron wrote:

I agree with 69ron.

Although there are people (even here at the nexus) that prefer to remain quiet and that wish that less people know about DMT or Mimosa Hostilis, so that the materials don't get a lot of attention, and yet some of them post on a regular basis about how amazing DMT is or about how it scares the crap out of them or how disturbed they are and what not... talking about how DMT is the "queen" of a social chess-game and how Weed is a "pawn" and a lot of other metaphors. I don't think this is a Chess Game, this is about education, and honestly, I don't see why we should just lay back and let the government do whatever they want with our birthrights.

We need to educate ourselves and the public about how psychedelics like DMT or Psilocybin or Mescaline are in fact very natural and can be really helpful if used with respect and intelligence. Nothing wrong with spreading information or raising the voice, all we are doing is fighting for what we think is worth fighting for: The legalization of psychedelics. Fortunately, more and more people are getting interested in educating themselves about psychedelics and most of them understand that it is wrong that they are illegal.

or... we can just cry on the Internet about how unfair this is and then go to bed. It's an option after all huh?

obliguhl
#49 Posted : 2/6/2010 9:01:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
and yet some of them post on a regular basis about how amazing DMT

It's all about HOW we raise awareness.

"2DUDE!!!!!!1 this DMT is da shit man i wuz trippin balls, its betta than coke or anithingydadingy bro!!!"

vs

"I really feel that dmt is something special, a sacrament if you will. It helped me fight depression and my longing for booze dissapeared. It somehow showed me that it's not necessary in my life, that it was destructive of me. "

I think people around here already speak of dmt in a very responsible manner.

69ron
#50 Posted : 2/6/2010 9:33:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

We have to fight this. There is no way around it.

It's for the better of mankind to completely legalize and legitimize the God given entheogens.

Look, the natives that ran the USA before the western invasion pretty much all used entheogens. Many still do.

We need to educate people. Talk about it. Get people interested in it. The more people know how beneficial psychedelics are, the better mankind will be as a whole.

This goes beyond you and I. This is a movement for all of mankind. We need to push this.

I believe GOD created these plants to help mankind, and so do many other thousands of people. The UDV fought to get the rights to use ayahuasca and WON! The Native American Church fought to get the rights to use peyote and WON!

We need to be active and vocal and push to get the laws changed. We can. Others have done it. Peyote is LEGAL for the NAC. They got their God given rights back, not by being quiet about it but by fighting for their rights.

I think the NAC, and the UDV, and the ACLU, and many other similar organizations should jump on this and help fight this.

I will actively help fight this. I think it is YOUR RIGHT AS A HUMAN BEING TO USE ENTHEOGENS. And that right was given to you BY GOD, and no man has the right to prevent you from experiencing what God put on this earth for us to experience.

I am made sick by this. I am enraged by this.

Californians are moving away from this idea of banning drugs. Soon marijuana will be completely legal in the state of California. Soon psychedelics will be too. You mark my words. Most of the young people in California think herbal drugs should be completely legal and that the government has no business telling them what they can use recreationally. They see no difference between smoking pot, drinking alcohol, or using salvia.

Salvia got the ball rolling. Lots of young people have experienced salvia, and while not many think it’s that great, they don’t think it should be illegal.

The trend among young people in California is to have all drugs made legal. This nonsense about the government forcing people to use alcohol recreationally instead of marijuana or salvia is seen for what it is: the alcohol industry attempting to push out the competition.

It’s all about money. Alcohol is BIG BUSINESS in the USA. So is tobacco. These two drugs damage more people than all illegal drugs combined, and yet they remain 100% legal. They have a stronghold on the government because of the tax money they generate. Illegal drugs generate no tax money. Legal herbal drugs don’t benefit the FDA. The FDA gets most of its funds (under the table) from pharmaceutical companies who have to pay millions to get their drugs approved by the FDA. The FDA is a money hungry organization and sees all herbs as a threat to their dirty profits.

BBB should file a lawsuit against the FDA immediately for unlawfully raiding their business. If I had the resources I would do it on their behalf. The FDA definitely acted illegally in my opinion. BBB did not sell anything illegal. Not even the cactus they are being charged with is illegal to sell. I can buy that cactus locally at many stores.

I would go a step further and also file a lawsuit against the FDA for interfering with the religious freedom of the UDV. The chacruna leaves which the FDA says are illegal are a sacrament the UDV uses, and by raiding the BBB and taking their chacruna, they are interfering with the legal rights of the UDV and others to buy chacruna from BBB for use in their religious rights.

I would also file a lawsuit against them for confiscating BBBs cacti based on religious freedom as well. It is well known that these cacti have been used like peyote for religious purposes and that many of the people who bought the cacti from BBB were in fact practicing their own religious beliefs by consuming the cacti. Even though BBB did not sell their cacti for this purpose, the users who consumed it did so for religious purposes just like the members of the NAC do with peyote. And so the FDA is actively interfering with religious freedom of the buyers of the cacti by taking BBBs cacti.

I think a strong case against the FDA can be filed based on religious freedom. If the NAC, the UDV, and a few other similar organizations can help out, I think the FDA can be permanently barred from raiding these stores based on religious freedom to use entheogens.

If I want to use an entheogen for my own religious purposes the FDA has no right to interfere.

I think it’s time to put the handcuffs on the FDA for good.

ITS TIME TO BAN THE FDA. Make the FDA illegal. Shut the FDA down. They are a waste of my tax money. They are completely useless and do not serve the people at all. They prevent people from getting access to herbs that work. They raid small businesses making an honest living. They get toxic crap approved for food (Nutrisweet), and ban stuff that’s good for you (Stevia) until big businesses steps up and pay them millions (Coca cola). They are a complete joke.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

clouds
#51 Posted : 2/6/2010 9:34:49 AM

Human

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
and yet some of them post on a regular basis about how amazing DMT

It's all about HOW we raise awareness.

I agree with the meaning of your previous comparison, I don't like the "111!!!oMGzx" type of grammar/personality either.

Whenever I talk about this subject I do it in a very respectful manner, but I also understand that so many people have the "111!!!oMGzx" type of culture, and I don't expect their grammar skills or understanding to change immediately. Some people may start by talking stupid things in stupid ways, like saying things such as "DMT 1s inYar BrainZ mAkIN you TR1p ballZ duRiNG YOuR ReM SleeP dUD3!!", but if their intention is too keep investigating and educating their friends or family, he might find out later that this is not a game and that some concepts he thought to be true are in fact not. Each individual has a process, it is fair to give time and be patient. I certainly wouldn't like DMT to end up the way Salvia did, but I don't think it ever will. It's so different.

But that is not what I'm really trying to defend. What I think it's necessary is to spread scientific information, about the safety of this compounds, and the effect (pros and cons), and the legal issues that are obstructing a rational, healthy and objective analysis. I usually don't talk to kids or teenagers about this, instead I try to spread awareness in serious, responsible citizens that can actually do something about this ridiculous illegal situation. Of course I don't expect things to change overnight, but If I can invest part of time educating myself and others, I think that is correct. I'm just trying to make a little difference today for tomorrow's big change.

69ron
#52 Posted : 2/6/2010 12:41:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's 4:20 am, and I cannot sleep. I am so pissed off.

Please do whatever you can to help out BBB.

I looked at their site and they are still running. You can still make purchases there. They took all of their K2, cactus, LSA seeds, mimosa, etc., off of their web site for obvious reasons (the FDA stole them).

Please buy something from them if you have the money. Help them out financially.

BBB is the largest supplier of enthobotanicals. If can help them win this battle in any way possible, it's a win for everyone.

If you have the resources, and I'm sure some of you do, talk with a good lawyer and ask what can be done legally. If you run a TV news show or radio show, get this subject out there. Make people aware of this and put a good light on it.

BBB has been a strong force in the enthobotanical movement. Even if you don't like BBB, they are the flagship of the enthobotanical marketplace. If they sink, it's NOT a good sign of things to come.

Unfortunately they are not located in California. In California salvia is legal to sell to adults, and marijuana is legal for medicinal purposes. In Kansas salvia is banned and marijuana is completely illegal. Kansas is not an enthobotanical friendly state. It's perhaps one of the worst states for BBB to be located in. They will have a tough battle. But I think BBB can win, and I think with the help of other organizations, the FDA can actually lose a lot of ground and respect with this case.

BBB is hugely popular. Everyone who buys enthobotanicals knows about them. All the major forums are a buzz with this news.

Please people, do whatever you can to help out BBB. If not for the sake of BBB, do it for your own freedom. If the FDA wipes out BBB, you can be sure your favorite mimosa vender will be next on their list. They probably already have a list of all the vendors selling mimosa and are ready to attack if this goes the way they want it to go.

This situation is really serious and a big blow to all of us.

Members of the UDV, NAS, NORMAL, the ACLU, and similar organizations should all be contacted and asked to help in any way possible.

Please, we need to ACT NOW. If mimosa, chacruna, cebil, and chaliponga become 100% unavailable because we all sat on our asses and did nothing, then that will be a shame.

We need some big organizations on this. We need positive news stories covering this on TV and the radio.

I'm dead serious here. This attack on BBB is an attack on all of us. We have to fight back.

I'm not sure if it's ok to post this, but here's a link to BBBs forum. It has the owner's father talking about the situation first hand: http://www.dancingbearbo...m/index.php?topic=1451.0

ambi-lysergance
#53 Posted : 2/6/2010 1:26:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

absoluetly ron. couldnt have put this better!

I know it has been mentioned but I think the idea of a specific part of the forum dedicated to this new struggle could be a great idea. a specific place were information and ideas on how to help can be discussed.

these are serious times and the knock on effect this can have on our community, way of life and culture will be monumentel!!!
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

psychosisdoses
#54 Posted : 2/6/2010 1:35:17 PM

Derek

this is not good.. fuck kansas ;[
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

ohayoco
#55 Posted : 2/6/2010 3:28:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I completely agree with Ron.

Civil rights are a big issue for me. The conservatives in power (of whichever party, they're all similar enough in reality) will always try and suppress anyone they do not like and feel unjustifiably threatened by. Women, black people and gay people have all gained their freedom, yet entheogen users are largely still oppressed... because we just don't stand up for our rights.

It is time that changed. The NAC, UDV and Santo Daime won back their rights because they organised against the authorities. It is time for all other entheogen users to organise to fight for their own rights.

You all know how women and black people gained freedom. The gay rights movement is probably the most similar to our own plight, in that they were a also a dispersed minority of individuals forced to hide secret lives. The gay civil rights movement gathered momentum when drag queens rioted against the police in NYC in 1969 at Stonewall. If they can do it, so can we- theirs was a greater social taboo, yet they were victorious. Learn the direct and successful strategies of those who won their freedom in the '60s and '70s.

I think an event is needed to spark the entheogen rights movement off again in earnest. If I were an American, I would get involved, but it's the other side of the world for me! But this is what I would do if they cracked down on sacred plants in my country, and I hope that you some of you US Nexians will take on such a challenge. Organise a peaceful demonstration for entheogenic freedom outside a significant landmark such as the jail where the BBB guy is held. Demonstrating is far more important to the movement than just helping him out with bail without leaving the sofa. Collaborate with the Ayahuasca forums and other forums with the right attitude, and contact the UDV, Daime and NAC etc just in case some of them are prepared to stick their necks out and get involved for the greater good. Anti-prohibition charities such as LEAP and other civil rights charities, even Amnesty International, may agree to turn up officially or unofficially under the religious freedom argument. Survival International, Greenpeace and Friends of the Earth etc will have sympathisers so contact them and post on their internet message boards. Make very clear that no troublemakers or wasted people should come. Personally I would NOT turn it into a big party with speakers, because that sends out the wrong impression and attracts the wrong people- there should be protest chants and demands for justice, not a party because that just reinforces their view of us as 'hedonistic druggies'. Sincerity is more important than numbers in this situation. I would love to hear [the ayawaska song, track 3 on Icaro Cunto Shamanico (EDIT)] being played outside a jail while hundreds of entheogen users held candles or outstretched arms in solidarity with their oppressed brother.

And of course, contact all national and local press.

The scariest outcome would be a beating by the local police. However, this would also be the most beneficial outcome to the movement, because it will gain sympathy with the public if the cameras show responsible godfearing people (whatever god means to you) being beaten by savage goons. And whatever happens, every single person who attends will know they were part of something important, in a world where distraction, cynicism and helplessness seem to have caused widespread political apathy.

An event such as this could easily happen. There are thousands upon thousands of us. All we need is for a few people to start the ball rolling. Then attend demos every time something like this happens until the public realise we are not the monsters they are told we are.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

teotenakeltje
#56 Posted : 2/6/2010 4:06:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

can't help rapping: fight the power! fight the power!
what we are living today is modern slavery...people are slaves and they like it! they are driven by fear and actions like these actualy make them believe the governement is doing a good job against evil!
soon in the land of the free there will be no freedom left at all...only the freedom to make $
SAD SAD SAD

gammagore
#57 Posted : 2/6/2010 4:38:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there anything we can do this side of the pond?? Not USA side that is.

sunshineandsmiles
#58 Posted : 2/6/2010 4:46:37 PM

Sol-Id

Good point gammagore...does anyone know if they're shipping to the UK?
TIME WILL TELL...

Touche Guevara
#59 Posted : 2/6/2010 5:52:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Seems this all started over the K2, which appears to be JWH-018. It falls entirely within the FDA's function to keep RCs from being sold without any kind of regulation, so I don't really have a problem with BBB taking some kind of hit for that or at least not being allowed to sell it for human consumption. It is bullshit that all those other charges appeared though, and it shows how the criminal justice system operates. The prosecution will sandbag all the trumped-up charges they can justify in the hopes that the defendant will just plead out rather than risk being sentenced as a narcoterrorist over a half-smoked joint or what have you.

If it becomes appreciably more difficult to get a hold of these ethnobotanicals following this case, the community should be as cross with BBB as they should be with the feds.

۩
#60 Posted : 2/6/2010 6:29:00 PM

So...are they still selling everything else? Or is it a trap?

PREV12345NEXT»