We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Bouncing Bear raided Options

gammagore
#21 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:44:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Holy shit, that statement from his father sounds like he's pretty fucked, unless he has the law on his side. Most good lawyers can bend the law in there favour.

If he wasn't extracting any gooddies then I'd think there is not much to worry about.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

۩
#22 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:46:36 PM

I THINK ITS TIME TO PUT THE PLANTS IN JAIL FOR MANUFACTURING THESE SUBSTANCES!

Fuck! PUT EVERY HUMAN IN JAIL! EVERY MAMMAL SYNTHESIZES DMT ENDOGENOUSLY!

ROUND EM UP BOYS!

Even every person working for the FDA is manufacturing a schedule 1 substance.
WTF?

Phlux-
#23 Posted : 2/5/2010 11:05:55 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

the cash could also be used to stop loading ppl full of flouride
or to put the nutrients back in the food(the nutes they removed to cause starvation) that they took it out of before supplying it to 3rd world countries.
the fda seem to be in charge of alot of important stuff globally - this is bad news for everyone.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Researcher
#24 Posted : 2/5/2010 11:08:09 PM
Frank N. Stein

What, if any, would be the ramifications for clients of BBB? SWIM just purchased some MHRB from them and in fact it arrived today. Since MHRB is not a controlled substance I doubt that SWIM could get into any trouble, but you never know with this maniacs.

#25 Posted : 2/5/2010 11:12:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Researcher wrote:
Notice that the FDA raided and not the DEA.

Not being from the US, could someone please explain the significance of this?
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

jamie
#26 Posted : 2/5/2010 11:14:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

sad and discusting...yay obama lot has changed.
Long live the unwoke.

Nime
#27 Posted : 2/5/2010 11:36:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I never liked BBB...

There used to be TONS of youtube videos (and other websites which would come up when searching DMT on google) containing the words/tags/descriptions such as "DMT - @ BBB.com" and whatnot. I dont know if others have noticed that as well or not. I can only assume it was their people who posted those stuff, (weather it was from them or not) they were pretty much saying, "hey you can buy the stuff you need to make that stuff from this site". Very very indirectly saying that, anyone with half of mind would understand.

Im not trying to put anyone down or anything like that. But thats how they got the majority of their customers it seems to me.

Thats the reason i never liked them, cause they were causing way to much unwanted attention to the spirit molecule for their personal financial gain/motives

Improvised Labware Vapor Bubbler (continued)

I would like to make it be known that I do not actually put what I write on this website or any place into practice in the real world. I like to live a life of fantasy on the internet where I ask questions and give answers.

joebono
#28 Posted : 2/6/2010 12:15:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1664 wrote:
Researcher wrote:
Notice that the FDA raided and not the DEA.

Not being from the US, could someone please explain the significance of this?

FDA is the Food and Drug Administration. They deal with safety/purity issues and regulate the sale of food and drugs. DEA is the Drug Enforcement Agency and they go after cartels, large dealers, networks, and wherever the money is. Both are federal.

It seems the impetus for the bust was the K2. Who knows, maybe it is easier to prosecute them under FDA guidelines for selling K2 than it would be for the DEA to go through with the Analogue Act. The botanicals may be used as leverage to push for a guilty plea since those charges might be harder to prove. With luck, the charges related to the botanicals will be dropped and the entheogen vendors will be safe.

GreenD
#29 Posted : 2/6/2010 12:34:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Dear god, why didn't they relocate to california, washington, the west coast? Kansas is one of the worst places for that...

They will not get charged for all of that, they can't. A business that large knows the law, they send out a "Not for human consumption" on all their stuff, they label it as incense, herbs, etc. The toads are pets.

There is no way the law can break them. However the law likes to deter them, so they have undoubtedly lost allt heir possesions.

joebono
#30 Posted : 2/6/2010 12:40:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The news article has been updated:

http://www2.ljworld.com/...urney-investig/?breaking

amor_fati
#31 Posted : 2/6/2010 12:56:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Lawrence is a pretty hip town, but it's surrounded by the rest of the wasteland that is Kansas.

This spells trouble in general for the entheogenic community. The realities of these practices must be brought to light, all the spiritual and scientific implications rectified, and the unjust laws and misinformation exposed for what they are.

Seriously, kids are buying booze and doing serious damage to themselves and others throughout country, and these clowns are worried about them smoking some shitty herbs?

antrocles
#32 Posted : 2/6/2010 1:27:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sad.

like....make me wanna cry kinda sad.

this is spiritual medicine and a group of fear-based, shut-down, close-minded robots feel they have the right to deny people the option to wake up.

i am very saddened by this....this world is on the brink...it's certainly gonna be a fight to bring about the shift...

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

jamie
#33 Posted : 2/6/2010 1:27:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Nime wrote:
I never liked BBB...

There used to be TONS of youtube videos (and other websites which would come up when searching DMT on google) containing the words/tags/descriptions such as "DMT - @ BBB.com" and whatnot. I dont know if others have noticed that as well or not. I can only assume it was their people who posted those stuff, (weather it was from them or not) they were pretty much saying, "hey you can buy the stuff you need to make that stuff from this site". Very very indirectly saying that, anyone with half of mind would understand.

Im not trying to put anyone down or anything like that. But thats how they got the majority of their customers it seems to me.

Thats the reason i never liked them, cause they were causing way to much unwanted attention to the spirit molecule for their personal financial gain/motives

Actaully i have always felt the same way and never ordered from them becasue of this...
Long live the unwoke.

psilyguy
#34 Posted : 2/6/2010 1:32:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

joebono wrote:
The news article has been updated:

http://www2.ljworld.com/...urney-investig/?breaking

Man, there is such ignorance in most of the replies to this story on that site! This is why our safe entheogens remain illegal, while alcohol and tobacco and unsafe pharmaceuticals run rampant in our society. Because of absolute morons like this who think they know what is best for us, and have never done any research on the matter. I really hate shit like this!!! I hope they get off on all charges, and business can continue as usual. I also hope they then turn around and bring up a civil suit, for all the perfectly legal items being taken and or damaged.

idtravlr
#35 Posted : 2/6/2010 1:53:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is terrible. Terrible, terrible, terrible, and so very frustrating! The only thing we can hope for is that these shops were targeted for their more reckless promotion of using their products for the manufacture of controlled substances. There is hope that these raids will not trickle down to other more responsible sellers of ethnobotanicals.

Remember several years ago when PF got raided by the FBI? They were targeted because they actively promoted teks on how to manufacture controlled substances from their otherwise legal products. The more cautious and responsible shops were untouched, and are still thriving today. I don't know about Sacred Journey, but I do know that BBB was dangerously active in this type of marketing.

The fed's just sit and watch for this kind of promotion, collect enough data to get a warrant, and then do the raid. If a shop is absolutely relentless in it's due diligence, it should be safe (at least for the time being).

Like others have said, let's just hope these guys have the best defense counsel they can find, or new laws COULD come into play that would be dangerous for us all.

This is very sad...

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Touche Guevara
#36 Posted : 2/6/2010 2:47:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

idtravlr wrote:
This is terrible. Terrible, terrible, terrible, and so very frustrating! The only thing we can hope for is that these shops were targeted for their more reckless promotion of using their products for the manufacture of controlled substances. There is hope that these raids will not trickle down to other more responsible sellers of ethnobotanicals.

Remember several years ago when PF got raided by the FBI? They were targeted because they actively promoted teks on how to manufacture controlled substances from their otherwise legal products. The more cautious and responsible shops were untouched, and are still thriving today. I don't know about Sacred Journey, but I do know that BBB was dangerously active in this type of marketing.

The fed's just sit and watch for this kind of promotion, collect enough data to get a warrant, and then do the raid. If a shop is absolutely relentless in it's due diligence, it should be safe (at least for the time being).

Like others have said, let's just hope these guys have the best defense counsel they can find, or new laws COULD come into play that would be dangerous for us all.

This is very sad...

Peace,
-idt

You're right about BBB's marketing being the first nail in their coffin, but the fact that this is FDA and not DEA is significant, probably in ways that won't fully be apparent until closer to the trial date.

Jorkest
#37 Posted : 2/6/2010 3:24:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

id say its the k2 whatever that shit is...
it's a sound

RaveN-ous
#38 Posted : 2/6/2010 3:27:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so...they executed the search without first serving the warrant to confiscate a drug that hasn't even been banned yet??
gotta love the feds....
if dmt is a naturally occurring substance in our brain...
and its illegal to manufacture it....hmmm.... now this could get interesting!

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. - Bill Watterson

Mendblade
#39 Posted : 2/6/2010 3:30:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So Sad,
SWIM has been traveling with mescalito and logs in to see this...tears..I just receieved some herbs from them the other day. Reading the thread they may not have been the wisest with marketing, but they will always hold a place in this heart. They practically introduced me to the sacrements. They had a tent at coalessence fest in Arkansas they were so kind and practically giving the holy plants away though they did make me swear not to tell their manager. A sad day for the community.

However before i let fear and anger overwhelm me, I am reminded that life is mysterious and although this feels like war, suffering for the sake of righteousness will only make us stronger. The persecution might continue, looking to the past seems to confirm this as the truth seekers were persecuted then, but the sacrafice remains as evidence to anyone who has the light within them to see and to transform. May this news that stirs negative emotions in us serve through our effort as food for transmutation.Surprised Shocked Mad Crying or very sad Confused Smile
Om Namah Shivaya

reflexion
#40 Posted : 2/6/2010 5:38:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
id say its the k2 whatever that shit is...

yep..

PREV1234NEXT»