We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Bouncing Bear raided Options

ragabr
#1 Posted : 2/5/2010 9:21:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shroomery reports. SWIM feels a little bit of concern that the fuzz was going through their computer records.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Kartikay
#2 Posted : 2/5/2010 9:27:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, shit.

The feds will have to prove that they had controlled substances in their possession. If they did then its their own damn fault. I thought that BBB only sold legal precursors and other legal herbs, not anything illegal.

lol... and there are 19 of us viewing this thread right now.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

universecannon
#3 Posted : 2/5/2010 9:27:51 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

"Vanchieri said he thought the business was going to be shut down for good.
He said the entire property was confiscated and employees were not allowed to return to the premises." So is BBB shut down for now?

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Kartikay
#4 Posted : 2/5/2010 9:28:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

UniverseCannon wrote:
So is BBB shut down for now?

That would be a yes.
He led a double life. Did that make him a liar? He did not feel a liar. He was a man of two truths. - Murdoch, Dame [Jean] Iris

Kartikay is a character role that I play when I feel like escaping reality. Nothing I say under the pseudonym "Kartikay" reflects any of my actual life or personal history.

ragabr
#5 Posted : 2/5/2010 9:42:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know what forfeiture laws are like in KS, but there's potential that they could get none of the property back even if everything seized fell within the law. I feel really bad that they're having to take one for the team.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

۩
#6 Posted : 2/5/2010 9:42:59 PM

The charges against Sloan

• Unlawful manufacturing of controlled substances: Dimethlyltryptamine (DMT)

• Unlawful manufacturing of controlled substances: Mescaline

• Unlawful manufacturing of controlled substances: Lysergic Acid Amide

• Unlawful cultivation or distribution of controlled substances: Mescaline

• Unlawful cultivation or distribution of controlled substances: Dimethlyltryptamine; Chacruna; Illinois Bundleflower; Epena; Cebil Seeds.

• Unlawful cultivation or distribution of controlled substances: Bufotenine, Epena, Chaliponga, Cebil Seeds, Colorado River Toads.

• Unlawful cultivation or distribution of controlled substances: Lysergic Acid Amide, Morning Glory Seeds, Rivea Corymbosa.

• Unlawful possession of certain drug precursors and drug paraphernalia: Plastic jugs and filters used or intended for unlawful use to manufacture, cultivate, plant propagate, harvest, test, analyze or distribute a controlled substance.

He got busted for just having plants.

foreversearching
#7 Posted : 2/5/2010 9:43:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So SWIM is new to this but what are the chances of authorities pursuing their clients? Has this happened before? Is it like the dispensary raids in cali where they're just trying to ruin the businesses?
“Once social change begins, it cannot be reversed. You cannot uneducate the person who has learned to read. You cannot humiliate the person who feels pride. You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore. We have seen the future, and the future is ours.”
Cesar Chavez
The future is ours

One day I hope to be the greatest sci-fi film maker. You should know everything I say is a fictional rant to get me creative juices flowing.

Kartikay
#8 Posted : 2/5/2010 9:48:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The feds never go after individual users. They could, mind you, but they don't. They spend their resources destroying the source.

Phlux-
#9 Posted : 2/5/2010 9:50:36 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

are they keeping their site up to trap ppl now ?
whats going on with that - would have thought that would be the first thing down - u know to stop the druggies from freeding their evil urges.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

obliguhl
#10 Posted : 2/5/2010 9:55:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The feds never go after individual users. They could, mind you, but they don't. They spend their resources destroying the source.

That's "great". Where I live, they ALWAYS raid tons of people to scare the hell out of them.

I really hope this will take a good end, let's stay positive. It's our live and our dreams.

Researcher
#11 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:08:44 PM
Frank N. Stein

Well, it seems that the thugs that robbed the stores claim that even MHRB is illegal because it contains dimethyltryptamine:

* Diethyltryptamine as contained in Mimosa Hostilis powder and 21 boxes of Mimosa Hostilis bark, Chacruna (Psychotrin Viridis), Illinois Bundleflower (Desmanthus Illinoisis), Epena (Virola Theriodora), Chaliponga (Diplopterys Cabrerana), and Cebil Seeds

* Bufotenine contained in Chacruma (Psyychotrin Viridis), Epena (Virola Theriodora), Chaliponga (Diplopsterys Cabrerana), Cebil Seeds, and Colorado River Toads

* Lysergic Acid Amide as contained in Hawaii Baby Woodrose Seeds, Morning Glory Seeds, and Rivea Corymbosa

This isn't good news.

Quote:
http://www.kansan.com/news/2010/feb/04/police_officer_herbs/

Police and FDA raid local herbal stores

Two stores in northeast Kansas that sell the herbal blend drug K2 were served with federal warrants Thursday and one store owner was arrested.

The Sacred Journey, 1103 Massachusetts St., had its doors closed Thursday and wasn’t letting customers inside. Eye-witnesses confirmed seeing people inside the store putting items in boxes.

Lydia Shontz, an employee at The Sacred Journey, said she arrived to open the store at about 10 a.m. and found the alarms going off and officers with the Food and Drug Administration and police in the store with a search warrant.

Shontz said it looked like they had been there for several hours before she arrived.

Shontz said the officers took her and another employee to the Lawrence Police Department to inquire about K2, how much K2 the store sells and employees at the store. She also said the officers asked about whether the store was selling salvia divinorum, a hallucinogen outlawed in the state in April 2008.

A bill banning K2 is currently circulating through the state, but the drug has not yet been banned.

Shontz said the police told her the search warrant allowed the FDA to confiscate anything that the organization deems as being sold as a drug in the store. She said the FDA saw K2 as a drug, rather than the herbal blend it’s sold as in the store.

Shontz said she was expecting the police involvement, but not federal involvement. And not this soon.

“It sucks,” Shontz said. “I knew that this would happen and I knew it would happen to me because I’m the first one here in the morning.”

She said she thought the store might lose customers who think K2 was illegal because of the searches.

Bouncing Bear Botanicals, a website that sells herbs, entheogens, and K2, was also served with a federal search warrant Thursday morning. The warehouse facility for the website is located in Oskaloosa.

Ryan Vanchieri works in shipping at the company’s headquarters. He said officers from the Kansas Bureau of Investigation, FDA and Jefferson County sheriffs detained, handcuffed, searched and questioned employees. He said they searched computer files and seized business property.

“They were really nice about it,” Vanchieri said. “But they were stealing private property.”

Jefferson County Attorney Caleb Stegall announced that Bouncing Bear owner Jonathan Sloan was arrested during the operation and was being held in Jefferson County Jail on charges of possession of controlled substances. Formal charges are expected to be filed today.

Vanchieri said he thought the business was going to be shut down for good.

He said the entire property was confiscated and employees were not allowed to return to the premises.

— Edited by Taylor Bern

Quote:

http://blogs.pitch.com/p...synthetic_marijuana.php

Lawrence man charged with multiple felonies following raid on head shop carrying synthetic marijuana
By Peter Rugg in Follow That Story, News
Fri., Feb. 5 2010 @ 3:52PM
K2 Weed.jpg
​Jefferson County prosecutors charged Jonathan Sloan of Lawrence with multiple felonies today, according to a press release from the Jefferson County Attorney's Office.

Sloan was arrested yesterday during a law enforcement sweep that raided Lawrence stores Bouncing Bear Botanicals and Sacred Journey.

Sloan is charged with eight felonies -- seven for the unlawful cultivation or distribution of a controlled substance.

Each count references a separate drug, which is listed in the release as:

* Dimethyltryptamine

* Mescaline

* Lysergic Acid Amide

* Mescaline as contained in Trichocereus Cacti

* Diethyltryptamine as contained in Mimosa Hostilis powder and 21 boxes of Mimosa Hostilis bark, Chacruna (Psychotrin Viridis), Illinois Bundleflower (Desmanthus Illinoisis), Epena (Virola Theriodora), Chaliponga (Diplopterys Cabrerana), and Cebil Seeds

* Bufotenine contained in Chacruma (Psyychotrin Viridis), Epena (Virola Theriodora), Chaliponga (Diplopsterys Cabrerana), Cebil Seeds, and Colorado River Toads

* Lysergic Acid Amide as contained in Hawaii Baby Woodrose Seeds, Morning Glory Seeds, and Rivea Corymbosa

Sloan was also charged with one count of unlawful possession of certain drug precursors and paraphernalia, which in the press release was identified as a plastic jug and some filters.

Sloan was scheduled to make his first appearnce in Jefferson County District Court at 2 p.m.

Sacred Journey store owner Natalie McAnulla has not been charged in connection to the raid, though her shop will no longer be carrying K2, the synthetic marijuana that mimics the effects of real marijuana on the brain.

In the last two weeks, Kansas legislators have approved bills that would criminalize the product. It remains legal for now.

McAnulla's attorney, John Knox, said federal agents seized many of the same things during their investigation of Sloan as they did during their raid on McAnulla, including ethnobotanicals and plants, as well as Sacred Journey's entire supply of the still-legal K2.

"Yesterday we spoke to federal agents and they said they hadn't yet determined if they would be charging (McAnulla)," Knox says.

joebono
#12 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:10:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That top link wasn't working. Here's another:

http://www.kansan.com/ne...4/police_officer_herbs/

Researcher
#13 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:11:46 PM
Frank N. Stein

Notice that the FDA raided and not the DEA.

Phlux-
#14 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:13:52 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

funny how all the plant names are spelled wrong.
surely it cant be to throw ppl off - google would just offer a spelling correction if those names were googled.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

gammagore
#15 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:15:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whoa, that's hectic dudes.

So noone was actually extracting anything but they were bust for holding certain herbs. Hectic.

Researcher
#16 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:24:29 PM
Frank N. Stein

gammagore wrote:
Whoa, that's hectic dudes.

So noone was actually extracting anything but they were bust for holding certain herbs. Hectic.

Codex alimentarius is a food and supplement (herbal and vitamins) regulatory guideline from the UN and WHO. It's implemented gradually and I remember hearing that over the past few years the regulations on herbs have been getting much stricter. Since the FDA was involved in this raid I wonder if this could be related.

http://www.consumerhealt...y.cfm?ID=19990303190257

http://www.codexalimentarius.net/web/index_en.jsp

joebono
#17 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:24:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Researcher wrote:
Notice that the FDA raided and not the DEA.

Yes, I noticed that too. I wonder what the significance of the FDA vs the DEA is for this case? It looks like the charges are similar regardless of who investigated and arrested them. They were arrested for DMT, mesc, and LSA in its natural plant form. This is a gray area in the law that hasn't been really been tested much.

I always thought that if shit went down that BBB would be the first to go. They have had a high profile especially in news stories about "legal highs." When they launched that forum that was attached to their homepage where users could discuss how to extract and get high off of BBB products, I was dumbfounded that they would take such a risk. I hope they have excellent legal representation and set a powerful precedent for the buying and selling of these plants because if they lose it could spell disaster for other botanical shops.

It seemed the focus of the raid was on the K2 blend, but they have their eye on the other plants as well. As far as I know, no vendor has ever been prosecuted for selling these plants. Let's hope this is not the first in a series of raids.

Researcher
#18 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:26:45 PM
Frank N. Stein

Quote:
I wonder what the significance of the FDA vs the DEA is for this case?

Perhaps it has to do with my post above yours: http://www.dmt-nexus.me/...&m=113458#post113458

joebono
#19 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:38:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a link to the BBB board where the owner's father is posting about what is going on:
http://www.dancingbearbo.../index.php?topic=1451.0

Here's a quote from the owner's dad:
"And, unfortunately, Jon is in a county jail in Oskaloosa KANSAS. The judges and the prosecuters are as right-wing "Protect our children" as they come.
This is about the worst place in the world to have this happen.
Even juries from this part of the words are terrible. People turn off their brains in this neck of the woods.

We need to figure out how to get Jon out of jail. One million $ bond is no small matter, especially after they have stolen his business and his money."

Ice House
#20 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:43:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

It was only a matter of time. Its extremely unfortunate. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

If you havent already, stock up now, while the price is reasonable and the supply is lgeal and available.

Theres your tax dollars hard at work. There's no illegal arms dealers to bust or rapists or pedophiles to arrest and then set free.

Nothing better to do for the FDA? How about puting the time, effort, and tax dollars into researching some of the material they just confiscated, so that people who have a legitimate religious or medical use for it can have it available.

I dont know why I expected this new Fed to be any different than the past.

Its sad.

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

123NEXT»