We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Questions about Datura? Options

BlackPaw
#1 Posted : 2/5/2010 7:38:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello this is my first post here. I wanted to ask a few questions about Datura species, but before that I will explain why I want to know and why I need it.

I have never used cannabis, heroin, cocaine or any other drugs. I have never been high or on trip. I have never been drunk, I have never consumed alcohol or coffee. I don't smoke, I never had.

I read about Datura and its effects extensively. I read about other's experiences on erowid and other similar sites.

I want to try it out - thats my objective - I want to experience the effects.

Although I have read a lot about it I still have important questions before I try something.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

1. What are the differences between the different species of Datura.
- Are the active substances from ex. datura innoxia and datura stramonium different ?
- If the same substances are in different species of Datura - are they at the same ratio?

2. I have seeds that are from Datura but are dry because I got them in November 2009.
- Are there any differences between dried seeds and normal seeds (seeds got from the plant in October for ex.)?
- How many seeds are necessary to experience hallucinations?

3. Datura and its effects.
- What is the difference from hallucinations and hallucinations caused by delirium?
- If you eat for example 8 seeds will you have high body temperature?
- How long does it take for the effects to wear off, so I will be able to go to work?

I hope you will answer my questions.
Thanks in advance.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

#2 Posted : 2/5/2010 7:41:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This seems foolhardy to me, most people who have taken it seem to regret it. Hope you know what you are getting into.
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

Crisp
#3 Posted : 2/5/2010 7:45:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It's very poisinous. If you want to get your feet wet, maybe try some of the things that you listed (coffee, cannabis) at least they won't kill you.

soulfood
#4 Posted : 2/5/2010 7:47:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Ehm...

why datura?

there's much more safe and worth while substances to explore. Datura is like risking death for very little learned.

It doesn't make sense to me.

Also questions of this kind are a little pointless, as I have never known of anyone to come forawrd as a datura expert, probably for good reason.

۩
#5 Posted : 2/5/2010 7:52:14 PM

Trust me
I am talking to you as a person who has come very close to death from datura's cousin, brugmansia
YOU DO NOT WANT TO FUCKING EXPERIENCE DATURA//BRUGMANSIA

The nexus knows that THREE datura stramonium seeds POTENTIATE other medicines and elminates nausea.
It is a very BAD idea to ever take more than THREE seeds.
Scopalamine has been used (the main alkaloid in d. stramonium) by the pharmaceutical industry for decades for nausea.
That is ALL datura is good for.

Datura acts on the same part of the CNS as NERVE GAS. Your limbs will give out, you will black out, you will do things you never imagined doing like running naked down the road 2 days later with blood and broken bones.
This is not bullshit. This is not a drug you want to try to get "high" off of.
Datura will FUCK YOU UP. Sometimes even PERMANENTLY. You could easily even DIE.

Stay AWAY.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(and don't be a leprechaun and think you can handle it. THIS IS YOUR LIFE!!!)

q21q21
#6 Posted : 2/5/2010 8:01:56 PM

SWIM

SWIM has has limited experience with anticholinergic agents, dimenhydrinate and diphenhydramine, both giving extreme bodily discomfort which made SWIM not want to go anywhere futher than the threshold of visuals.

SWIM has taken up to 60 datura discolor seeds, they caused a slightly less uncomfortable feeling though intense dry-mouth and SWIM was not even at the threshold of visuals.

SWIM does not want to take any more than that amount since there is a risk of death involved, tropane alkaloids are deathly toxic in high doses.

SWIM has read up on datura based ointments that can be made and absorbed through the skin. This apparently limits the dose to only scopolamine, the alkaloid which causes hallucinations and also apparently the least amount of side-effects.

SWIM has seen how a non-visionary dose of mescaline can cause CEVs in pharmahuasca with mescaline atrributes. Since datura is known to potentiate mescaline then there is a chance the reverse is true.

SWIM has on his list to try mescaline with datura but the negative effects of the oral seeds were quite annoying so he is going to test the ointment out before trying it with mescaline.

Now all of that being said, if you plan to take datura alone, without a sitter, you are A FUCKING IDIOT. I cannot stress this enough. You can die not just from the drug but from stupidity caused by delirium and hallucinations. You can think you are not alive at all so that knife won't kills you, etc.

So what should you do?

Try 10, 20, 30 seeds. Chances are you will get some nasty dry-mouth, bodily discomfort and maybe slight slight visuals. After 30 seeds you risk poisoning, and yes, death. SWIM worked his way up from 6 seeds.

Each seed contains different ratios of the actives, scopolamine, hyoscyamine, and atropine. But all the seeds will make you hallucinate, just with different severity of side effects and deadly toxicity.

SWIM took 6, 12, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60. SWIM has a high tolerance to psychedelics but still started low. SWIM would like discover a combination that reduces the side-effects and still gives the hallucinations that SWIM still sees as very tempting.

SWIM recommends if taking any dose have a sitter with a quick ride to the hospital just in case you start to die or they are tired of dealing with a delirius crazy person.

SWIMs 2.... er... lets say 5 cents.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

ambi-lysergance
#7 Posted : 2/5/2010 8:15:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tropane alkoloids in datura when consumed at the required level to induce delirium, which I assume is the state you wish to acheive, become highly toxic and fatal.

to acheive datura hallucinations one must essentially overdose.

the next step from this is coma and then death.

due to your lack of experience this misadventure could be very messy even catastrophic.

I would not encourage this and would politely ask you to look at other kinder pysychedelics and abandon all further experiments with deliriants. there are shamans of this world who would not touch datura with a ten foot barge pole never mind ingest.

the differance between the hallucinations you speak of is not knowing you are hallucinating, yes, being unable to distinguish between dreams and reality. this can lead to all sorts of trouble I dont need to divulge further.

you finally ask how long and will you make work?

if your still alive and not psychologicaly traumatised then maybe, but if youve ever tried calling your boss while in a coma? im sure u can imagine that might prove a questVery happy

I understand your curiosity surrounding datura but my advice would be best to leave it that way my friend.

the rest is up to you

best wishes

ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

Bill Cipher
#8 Posted : 2/5/2010 8:28:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What the hell? It's hard for me to even believe this post is remotely for real.

You're saying you have zero experience with any other drugs; have never even experienced a cup of coffee and yet you are feeling the sudden call to get into Datura? Datura?? Really??? With all due respect, if you're on the level, you are an excellent candidate for this week's Darwin award. This is a forum made up of a lot of people with extensive chemical experience. Do you think it's some kind of coincidence that 99% of us would tell you not to do this? You've got to be either full of shit or a dangerously stupid individual.

Honestly, these datura threads really scare the shit out of me. Mods, am I alone here? It's just a matter of time before some dipshit OD's or slices his own dick off, and the internet trail leads back to the Nexus. Nobody here should be engaging this guy with advice like "don't exceed 30 seeds". Are you fucking kidding me? That's dumber than his impulse to try it in the first place, and people here ought to know better.

Bad juju. I'm just sayin'...

breakMYhead
#9 Posted : 2/5/2010 9:02:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im with art here. Can we create a locked datura sticky with ron's dosage info on microdoses for potentiation/anti-nausea purposes, highlight the dangers of larger doses, a disclaimer, and then point any further 'i wanna try datura' posts to it?
i post on behalf of a good friend.

۩
#10 Posted : 2/5/2010 9:06:37 PM

breakMYhead wrote:
Im with art here. Can we create a locked datura sticky with ron's dosage info on microdoses for potentiation/anti-nausea purposes, highlight the dangers of larger doses, a disclaimer, and then point any further 'i wanna try datura' posts to it?

GREAT Idea!

ambi-lysergance
#11 Posted : 2/5/2010 9:12:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im not sureConfused

are we proposing to ban discussions on datura now as well as heroin??

is it not the purpose of a forum to discuss things?

Im not shooting down this idea and understand why such measure may need to be taken but where does it stop??
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

۩
#12 Posted : 2/5/2010 9:19:53 PM

ambi-lysergance wrote:
im not sureConfused

Im not shooting down this idea and understand why such measure may need to be taken but where does it stop??

Datura/Brugmansia are powerful allies that need to be treated with respect and worked with consciously.
No, We do not want to write off this plant teacher,
we just wish to spread it's proper use.

Too bad we don't have a "Toe Shaman" here to discuss how they do it down there.

breakMYhead
#13 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:08:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ambi-lysergance wrote:
im not sureConfused

sorry mate but you've missed my point.

*the heroin discussion was a valid question. it was the replies that took it wrong. the heroin thread was about the some strange interaction of DMT and H.

this post is the equivalent of asking "i've done no substances whatsoever. but im gonna go buy some heroin and shoot it - any advice??"

this isn't what this site is about/for. and that question would have no place here.

*let's not forget why we are here. this site has grown and we discuss all manner of psychedelics now, but our main focus is DMT. the H thread had DMT as the main context. this doesn't.

*many people here have extensive experience with DMT and other psychedelics, and their opinions and experience count for a lot... but i don't think anyone here can offer the same quality of information and experience on datura (on delirium/hallucinogenic doses the OP is asking about) other than I TRIED IT - DON'T DO IT.

so i'm not saying we shouldn't discuss datura - where there is something valid or helpful to come from it... but another "i wanna take a load of datura and go insane - what should i do??" thread should not be entertained.

just my opinion.

i actually think this is a troll post. the questions seem to be leading to answers the poster should already know. plus... as a first post on a DMT website?

i post on behalf of a good friend.

BlackPaw
#14 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:23:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am a newbie here compared to anyone. I didn't expect that I would get such harsh responses.

If you think that I am stupid and ignorant then you are very wrong. I have the seeds in my drawer and I am afraid to even eat 1 of them. Its because of the stories I heard and the side effects.

I want to try Datura as my first plant - because I don't think I could get others without buying, and I don't want to waste money on something that I think should be free. Datura grows naturally in my backyard but cannabis doesn't.

Datura doesn't make you addict, but other drugs do.
Datura makes more vivid hallucinations than all other drugs and herbs.
Datura experience lasts more than most of the other drugs.

The reason I don't drink coffee, smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol is because I am afraid of becoming addicted to it.

What I want to is : EXPERIENCE SOMETHING - HAVE HALLUCINATIONS - FEEL DIFFERENT.

If you know other such substance that I could obtain easily please name it and I would gladly try it.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

1. If I eat 3 datura (stale, dried) seeds what I will experience?
2. What is the line that I shouldn't cross?
3. What is the best plant to experience hallucinations?
4. 3 seeds - have effect on dreams or not?
5. Please do answer my question about the state of seeds - DRY and FRESH - what's the difference?

Thanks for all the advices. I won't do anything until I read some more of your replies.

soulfood
#15 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:36:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I suppose thats the one bonus of datura...

you don't have to worry about addiction when you're dead Smile

۩
#16 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:38:28 PM

BlackPaw wrote:
I am a newbie here compared to anyone. I didn't expect that I would get such harsh responses.

If you think that I am stupid and ignorant then you are very wrong. I have the seeds in my drawer and I am afraid to even eat 1 of them. Its because of the stories I heard and the side effects.

I want to try Datura as my first plant - because I don't think I could get others without buying, and I don't want to waste money on something that I think should be free. Datura grows naturally in my backyard but cannabis doesn't.

Datura doesn't make you addict, but other drugs do.
Datura makes more vivid hallucinations than all other drugs and herbs.
Datura experience lasts more than most of the other drugs.

The reason I don't drink coffee, smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol is because I am afraid of becoming addicted to it.

What I want to is : EXPERIENCE SOMETHING - HAVE HALLUCINATIONS - FEEL DIFFERENT.

If you know other such substance that I could obtain easily please name it and I would gladly try it.

1. If I eat 3 datura (stale, dried) seeds what I will experience?
2. What is the line that I shouldn't cross?
3. What is the best plant to experience hallucinations?
4. 3 seeds - have effect on dreams or not?
5. Please do answer my question about the state of seeds - DRY and FRESH - what's the difference?

Thanks for all the advices. I won't do anything until I read some more of your replies.

You are OUT OF YOUR MIND!

If All I had was a crack tree, would I smoke it?
HELL NO.

Just because it's all you have access to DOES NOT mean it's something you should work with.

Did you read ANY of our posts?

We clearly stated that to reach a hallucinogenic state you must imbibe a nearly fatal dose.
Who the fuck in their right mind would EVER want to do that???????????

1. NOTHING
2. YOU ALREADY ARE CROSSING IT
3. HALLUCINATIONS ARE NOT SOMETHING TO BE DESIRED. WHAT YOU SEEK ARE VISIONS. THIS IS THE DMT-NEXUS. SIT IN A MEDITATIVE TRANCE AND PRACTICE OPENING YOUR THIRD EYE.
4. YES, NEVER EVER EAT MORE THAN 3 SEEDS! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. WEIGHT AND ALKALOID CONTENT.

Bill Cipher
#17 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:42:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Let me be as clear as I possibly can, Blackpaw. THE LINE YOU SHOULDN'T CROSS IS FUCKING AROUND WITH DATURA, period. End of discussion. Are we getting through? Is this registering at all? If not, I'll repeat: DON'T BE A DUMBASS. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS. IF YOU FEEL YOU MUST, GO SEEK YOUR COUNSEL ELSEWHERE. DON'T INVOLVE THIS COMMUNITY.

And to answer Ambi-Lysergance, let me offer a hypothetical scenario, just for purposes of illustration...

Hello this is my first post here. I wanted to ask a few questions about auto-erotic asphyxiation, but before that I will explain why I want to know and why I need it.

I have never jerked off before, but I’ve read about it extensively in Hustler and similar publications, and I’ve heard it can be a lot more fun while choking yourself into unconsciousness. I want to try it out – that’s my objective - I want to experience the effects.

Can anyone here at the DMT Nexus tell me exactly how long I can safely jerk off while dangling from a noose in my closet?

This has been a dramatic reinactment of a knucklehead topic, the likes of which should not be engaged in this forum (in my humble opinion). For the sake of disclosure, I don't really jerk off with a noose around my neck - though I know Antrocles does (often while on datura, interestingly enough), and he tells me it's nothing short of spectacular.

polytrip
#18 Posted : 2/5/2010 10:56:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
When you take datura, first you would notice physical effects like a dry throat. At higher doses, you will then notice slightly mind altering effects like mild visual distortions and a feeling that resembles drunkenness or stoned sedation.
At even higher doses the delirium starts.

The main difference between delirium and psychedelic hallucinations is firstly that you are not aware you are hallucinating when you're in a state of delirium and secondly, that your whole range of perception is so far diminished that you cannot tell the difference if you would realize that you're in a state of delirium.

Your visual perception is downgraded extremely and is only hazy and colorlouss. Everything you see is cloudy and hallucinations are cloudy two.
Your intellect is being shut-down and so is your memory and all other intelectual functions. You don't know who you are, where you are and you don't know anything else. You are not capable of finding the way in your own home and probably not even in your own bedroom. You are not capable of finishing sentences because your memory is so impaired that you will forget what you wanted to say when you spoke the first words.

There is a great risk of physical overdose and braindamage. If the dose you take is too low for doing that kind of damage there is a real and very serious danger that you will harm yourself seriously without knowing it.

I will repeat that one: danger that you will harm yourself seriously without even knowing it.

DANGER THAT YOU WILL HARM YOURSELF SERIOUSLY WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING IT.

Hallucinations caused by psychedelic substances are far more vivid. They are beautyfull, full of colour and geometric detail. But on DMT or mushrooms, you will realize that you are hallucinating. The hallucinations are far more spectacular, but you KNOW that it's a hallucination.

Of all substances available, tropanes or belladonna alkaloids as they're sometimes called, are by far among the most dangerous.

If you want to experiment with this stuff, then you are playing with your life. This is extremely dangerous stuff.

If you just want to get wasted for as little money as possible( wich i think is not a very good goal to go after and you are at the wrong forum for): eat nutmeg or something, try finding fly-agaric or do DXM.

Those are all dangerous two if you don't know what you're doing, but compared to tropanes, the risk of those substances is mild.

BTW, you sound like you're a thirteen year old kid who's about to get himself into serious trouble.
And i can know, because i was exactly like that when i was thirteen.
I experimented with datura two, and i'm very lucky that it didn't harm me.

I know what i'm talking about.
Don't try this stuff.

gammagore
#19 Posted : 2/5/2010 11:12:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Read the above posts and STAY AWAY FROM DATURA, in large doses that is.

If you have no experience with any other substance why even try with something like datura??

Please rather have a beer, smoke a spliff, pop an e, drop an a, but don't do large doses datura when you have no experience with any other substance.

ambi-lysergance
#20 Posted : 2/5/2010 11:17:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel you peopleVery happy

it was just the mention of lock and key topics which I thought to qeustion.

as i said and my position was clearly stated in my original post im 100% against what the op is asking.

I understand completely and was just seeking clarification as im sure you all understand why I asked were would it stopWink

much love

Uncle Knucles wrote:
. For the sake of disclosure, I don't really jerk off with a noose around my neck, though I'm sure it's all kinds of fun.

lol Cool

Laughing

123NEXT»