We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Any use for used boiled leaf / filtered sludge sediment Options

mrdub
#1 Posted : 8/7/2021 10:28:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have completed a 3x3 boil separately on caapi leaf, chakruna leaf and chaliponga leaf. After each boil, the leaf was strained,squeezed then the liquid put through a pillow case filter.

So I now have lots of waste leaf. Is there any use for it? I'm guessing it's spent. Or could another boil get some more alkaloids out?

After filtering through the pillowcase, the pillowcase has an amount of fine sediment, that can be compressed into a ball (a bit like home made hash). Again, any use for this?

I have all the leaf currently in the freezer. The sediment sludges I have in two lots, one from the caapi leaf and another is contains the sludge from both the chakruna and chaliponga

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

bismillah
#2 Posted : 8/7/2021 11:44:16 PM

My Personalized Tag

Fertilizer? Jungle bath bombs?

I usually toss plant stuff in the garden.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Jagube
#3 Posted : 8/8/2021 1:37:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I usually boil it 6-7 times, then put it in the compost bin.

mrdub
#4 Posted : 8/8/2021 5:50:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

bismillah wrote:
Fertilizer? Jungle bath bombs?

I usually toss plant stuff in the garden.

Sorry I wasn't very clear, I meant can any further processing be done to release more alkaloids, or is it basically spent? Whether by boiling / chemicals etc

Jagube wrote:
I usually boil it 6-7 times, then put it in the compost bin.

ok, so there could be more goodies left in the plant material. In the sediment I took from the pillow filter, is that likely to contain more as a % than the leaf matter, or is it all basically the same?

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 8/8/2021 8:30:44 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

The original plant material is likely spent, compost it.

When filtering, after you squeeze it all out, run a minimal amount of clean water through the material in the filter and squeeze it out again to collect any trapped goods. Then it's ready for the compost as well.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

mrdub
#6 Posted : 8/8/2021 9:05:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
The original plant material is likely spent, compost it.

When filtering, after you squeeze it all out, run a minimal amount of clean water through the material in the filter and squeeze it out again to collect any trapped goods. Then it's ready for the compost as well.

Ok so it's basically spent. Not worth trying to extract any more from it. I have easy access to lots of cheap leaf matter here in Ecuador, so no point filling the freezer with bags of spent waste leaf matter lol

Jagube
#7 Posted : 8/8/2021 9:32:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I should have added that the 6-7 times is probably overkill. But my access to jungle plant material is limited, so I try to squeeze out the last drop.

In Ecuador you surely don't have to worry about that.

When I cook something I can harvest in the wild or in my backyard, I boil it no more than twice. The law of diminishing returns kicks in sooner Thumbs up

bismillah
#8 Posted : 8/9/2021 6:44:59 PM

My Personalized Tag

Based on my intuition after having done this a couple times:

The first boil will get 90-95% of the stuff with a reasonable volume / cook time.

Then the next gets you 99%, and the next 99.5%... Basically not worth the expenditure of energy past two boils, if that. I figure the tomatoes will have a whale of a time tripping on that little teeny bit of goodies.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

ms_manic_minxx
#9 Posted : 9/7/2021 4:23:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The sediment won't really add more to a trip in terms of psychedelic intensity, but it WILL add more to your purge. Decanting makes a massive difference between how sick or not the tea will make you.

Otherwise, just give it back to the earth. Psychedelic tomato caprese sounds delicious Laughing
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

donfoolio
#10 Posted : 9/9/2021 1:50:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I use it as plant booster in my garden.

One time I also made a homeopathic tincture with it, for some kind of microdosing idea.
In times of covid, it give me a good feeling to start the day with three drops of ayahusca-mother-tincture Very happy
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!